Some bootleg art

Go to page :  1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

plainsong ®

Longevity: 10 years

Post 10-Jan-2007 17:53

[Quote]

Hi!
Just wanted to say that I have uploaded some of my dvd-artwork for some of the Smiths gigs i downloaded from here!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/45834670@N00/
[Profile] [PM]

fredboy

Post 10-Jan-2007 19:36 (after 1 hour 42 minutes)

[Quote]

Great. Thank you for sharing.
[Profile] [PM]

plainsong ®

Post 10-Jan-2007 21:03 (after 1 hour 26 minutes)

[Quote]

Great. Thank you for sharing.
Well I thought it would be my way of giving back for all the nice things I've gotten from here
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Longevity: 11 years

Post 10-Jan-2007 23:40 (after 2 hours 37 minutes)

[Quote]

Plainsong, those covers are the best I've ever seen. Great care and attention. Jo Slee would be proud. What is the Queen Is Dead font? I've never quite placed it.
A few things:
1) Could you tell me which cover goes with which torrent? Some are obvious, but (for instance) I'm not sure which version of the Rockpalast gig the cover is for.
2) Do you have these in a higher res?
3) If I were you, I'd put a third line under Audio: and Video:, which would be Source:. Something like
Video: MPEG-2, 720x576 25fps (4:3) PAL, 5980 kbps
Audio: PCM @ 48000 Hz Stereo, 1536 kbps ["Humdrum Town"]
Source: Recorded by Soundsville International. Remastered by bclark93. Artwork by plainsong.
If you'll permit me, I'll add the covers to smithstorrents on the original torrent thread so that people can find and download them easily.
Great contribution. Thanks.
[Profile] [PM]

plainsong ®

Post 11-Jan-2007 11:24 (after 11 hours)

[Quote]

Plainsong, those covers are the best I've ever seen. Great care and attention. Jo Slee would be proud. What is the Queen Is Dead font? I've never quite placed it.
A few things:
1) Could you tell me which cover goes with which torrent? Some are obvious, but (for instance) I'm not sure which version of the Rockpalast gig the cover is for.
2) Do you have these in a higher res?
3) If I were you, I'd put a third line under Audio: and Video:, which would be Source:. Something like
Video: MPEG-2, 720x576 25fps (4:3) PAL, 5980 kbps
Audio: PCM @ 48000 Hz Stereo, 1536 kbps ["Humdrum Town"]
Source: Recorded by Soundsville International. Remastered by bclark93. Artwork by plainsong.
If you'll permit me, I'll add the covers to smithstorrents on the original torrent thread so that people can find and download them easily.
Great contribution. Thanks.
Glad you liked them. I will revise them later today. But for some of the gigs the bitrate and resolution wasn't available, so I just made the trackslisting. If you have any info on Steve's DVD's I would be glad for any help. And for the Rockpalast-gig, It is the one from DaD.. Unfortunately that one has CRE so I can't watch it withouth it skipping like a kangaroo :(
The resolution I made them in are quite big but on flicker they look like they have been downsized. I can upload my artwork on some upload site like filefront or something and send them to you so you can upload high-res somewhere? Maybe yo know some place better than Flickr?
[Profile] [PM]

plainsong ®

Post 11-Jan-2007 11:27 (after 3 minutes)

[Quote]

Oh, I forgot.. The font I used is from Peter Saville's site. It's the font used on Substance by New Order
[Profile] [PM]

ezears

Post 11-Jan-2007 16:54 (after 5 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks for the wonderful cover art!!!!!!!!!
(Though I like the Cure, I wish I was a rabid fan as the cover art for their stuff is great, too!)
[Profile] [PM]

batnaMMV

Post 11-Jan-2007 18:15 (after 1 hour 20 minutes)

[Quote]

Fantastic artwork plainsong, these look so professional. Is the Queen Is Dead font Sylfaen by any chance?
[Profile] [PM]

plainsong ®

Post 11-Jan-2007 18:35 (after 20 minutes)

[Quote]

Fantastic artwork plainsong, these look so professional. Is the Queen Is Dead font Sylfaen by any chance?
Don't kno actually, it's listed as "Substance" in photoshop. Got it from Peter Saville's site (you know, the guy that designed New Order singles and albums) and there he called it Substance.
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 11-Jan-2007 19:26 (after 51 minute)

[Quote]

If you're happy for me to host on this site then I'll PM you details of how you can get it to me.
[Profile] [PM]

Ivory88

Post 16-Jan-2007 21:39 (after 5 days)

[Quote]

If you're happy for me to host on this site then I'll PM you details of how you can get it to me.
Higher rez versions would be greatly appreciated.
[Profile] [PM]

plainsong ®

Post 17-Jan-2007 00:11 (after 2 hours 32 minutes)

[Quote]

Higher rez versions would be greatly appreciated.
Check in the threads for each gig for higher res!
[Profile] [PM]

Ivory88

Post 17-Jan-2007 02:02 (after 1 hour 50 minutes)

[Quote]

^^ Ahhh....Thank YOU!! :-)
Grabbed most of 'em, but is there any chance for the Nottingham 1986 cover to be posted? It'd be greatly apprecaited.
[Profile] [PM]

akiraware

Post 17-Jan-2007 03:21 (after 1 hour 19 minutes)

[Quote]

hi Plainsong
The covers are wonderfull!! You can send me high quality versions? I will create a new cover section at akiraware.com to start sharing DVD artwork too
[Profile] [PM]

plainsong ®

Post 17-Jan-2007 11:31 (after 8 hours)

[Quote]

^^ Ahhh....Thank YOU!! :-)
Grabbed most of 'em, but is there any chance for the Nottingham 1986 cover to be posted? It'd be greatly apprecaited.
I have posted it now, look in the thread!
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 29-Jun 02:08