1986-07-19 -- Manchester, UK -- G-Mex Festival (More Complete Performance)

Reply to topic

Ivory88 ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 01-Apr-2006 06:53

[Quote]

Here's another recording I leeched off of Douglas a while back. I have to shamefully admit that I have no idea what the sound quality is like, since I've yet to burn myself a copy. :oops: And I realize David has already posted one version of this gig, but this seems to be a bit more complete (I believe "Ruffians" and another track are missing). Douglas' original notes are as follows:
douglas presents:
The Smiths
"The Festival Of The Tenth Summer"
G-Mex Centre
Manchester, England
July 19, 1986
Setlist:
01. Intro: The March Of The Capulets
02. Bigmouth Strikes Again
03. Panic
04. Vicar In A Tutu
05. Frankly, Mr. Shankly
06. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
07. Ask
08. I Want The One I Can't Have
09. Cemetry Gates
10. Shakespeare's Sister
11. Stretch Out And Wait
12. That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
13. The Queen Is Dead
14. I Know It's Over
15. Hand In Glove
Source: FM
Quality: A
Lineage: FM > ?? > Sony CF90 > CDWav > Cool Edit Pro 2.0 > EAC > .flac (level 8)
Notes:
This is a complete broadcast of the majority of the show. Where you hear a cut in the crowd noise, that is my removing
station IDs,or lead-ins to commercials as carefully as I could. Also note that The Queen Is Dead is criminally cut short by
the radio station. For that track,I chose to fade it out over the station call-sign, as the call-sign was accompanied by
music, and destroyed the track anyway.
All told though, this is a great FM recording, in my humble opinion. Hope you think so too.
This is the show where Morrissey's infamous comment "I hope the pressure of having to stand on your own two feet isn't too
difficult" originated. Hardly a comment that endeared him to the crowd, though one punter can clearly be heard proclaiming
his love for the Moz right after that statement.
The Smiths were second on a lengthy bill paying tribute to the G-Mex Center's 10th anniversary. After The Smiths, New Order
closed the show. I know that the New Order set has been torrented before on STG, as I downloaded it, but I am not aware of
this set being seeded before. If it has, it is from a different source than mine.
This is a transfer from cassette tape. Cassette tape was purchased by me through the back pages of the NME in August, 1986.
This is my last FM recording of this band to share. I have a couple of dodgy audience recordings, including one of the only
Smiths show that I was witness to myself - at GWU University in Washington DC. Need to do some speed correction on it before
it is torrentable, though. So the vault is looking pretty barren - please share if you can. Greed is not good.
Hope you enjoy the show. Would appreciate any comments you have to give.
douglas
[Profile] [PM]

batnaMMV

Post 01-Apr-2006 12:34 (after 5 hours)

[Quote]

Oh my God, you have just read my mind!
I have this in mp3 with the same info file, as it was from douglas I was going to ask you to see whether you had it.
I think the other track missing is Is It Really So Strange. I thought the sound was good on mp3, so this should be better.
Thanks, looking forward to this.
[Profile] [PM]

Maverick33

Post 26-Apr-2006 22:06 (after 25 days)

[Quote]

Any chance that we could get a couple of seeders on this ?
Thanks..
[Profile] [PM]

anovella

Post 26-May-2007 16:09 (after 1 year)

[Quote]

Thank a lot for Share
[Profile] [PM]

fgraciano1980

Post 06-Aug-2007 00:19 (after 2 months 10 days)

[Quote]

hello, can anyone seed this please? thanks!
[Profile] [PM]

Stranger009

Longevity: 6 years 1 month

Post 01-Sep-2011 01:39 (after 4 years)

[Quote]

Thanks for this.
I don't ask this in an ungrateful way (any seed is a good seed is a general rule...I know how long this takes from personal experience, and the more sharing the better)...but does anyone have a true stereo version of the FM broadcast of this show?
Even for a one off broadcast in 1986, I would think it's possible there are other recordings?
thanks for any help, and thanks for the seed here!
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 01-Sep-2011 18:28 (after 16 hours)

[Quote]

My heart misses a beat when I hear of an FM broadcast, but unfortunately like a few Smiths FM broadcasts, the quality of the broadcast was worse than the audience recordings.
http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/live/smiths-g860719.htm
Both audience versions are seeded on this site.
[Profile] [PM]

gius

Longevity: 10 years

Post 01-Feb-2012 22:05 (after 5 months)

[Quote]

cheers
[Profile] [PM]

wiltteri

Post 31-Aug-2012 05:38 (after 6 months 29 days)

[Quote]

Thank you very much, i hope this is better quality than the more common fm version. Even there's 2 seeders, there's nothing coming, weird, more seeders please!:-)
[Profile] [PM]

wiltteri

Post 31-Aug-2012 10:09 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

I got it, cheers pals, to me this one sounds little bit better than the common one.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 23-Oct 11:52