Morrissey at the NIA 7th December 2006

Go to page :   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

arkil

Longevity: 13 years

Post 03-Jan-2007 20:31

[Quote]

Just finished listening to the whole stuff and i must admit that it has been a surprise to me.. very good recording, considering, as famouswhendead said, it was in a large venue...
Those mics should be killer in a smaller venue but in a larger one the addition of a battery box/bass roll-off might be something to consider.. anyway don't hesitate to share your other recordings, if any :) Thanks very much in any case :)
[Profile] [PM]

Patrick

Post 04-Jan-2007 06:25 (after 9 hours)

[Quote]

Someone just posted your show on M-solo in mp3... I guess they didn't read or care about your request not to convert to mp3....
[Profile] [PM]

fki

Post 04-Jan-2007 08:04 (after 1 hour 38 minutes)

[Quote]

Someone just posted your show on M-solo in mp3... I guess they didn't read or care about your request not to convert to mp3....
Sigh... the same old story. :(
Exactly the same happened to my recording (on morrissey-solo).
[Profile] [PM]

omsaps ®

Post 04-Jan-2007 11:44 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

Just finished listening to the whole stuff and i must admit that it has been a surprise to me.. very good recording, considering, as famouswhendead said, it was in a large venue...
Those mics should be killer in a smaller venue but in a larger one the addition of a battery box/bass roll-off might be something to consider.. anyway don't hesitate to share your other recordings, if any :) Thanks very much in any case :)
I've got a battery box/bass roll-off that came with the mic , it cost me £300 so it should have done the job , but obviously not.
Things is , I've recorded about 10 gigs this year and non of them had any bass trouble , only the Mozza gig .
I was at the back of the hall to record this [ that's where they put all us cripple's ] I thought that the sound wouldn't be that loud , I know ' How Soon is Now ' is Distorted for about 3 seconds BUT that was because Boz was giving it loads of Feedback.
I taped The Pogues the week after [ with the same settings on my Mini-Disc ] and that came out brilliant, well to me it did.
I never intended on sharing this BUT I thought it's Christmas , Why Not , so I'm sorry if it's not good enough.
As my old School report used to say [ 30 year ago ] ' Must try harder ' .
But I don't know another way of cutting the bass out , can't afford a new Mic/ Bass rolloff thingy , I'm Disabled.
I just hope there is no one fron the NIA reading this because they can work out who i am from all this .
Anyway , thanks for the comments , they have been taken on board .
CHEERS
Keith.
[Profile] [PM]

omsaps ®

Post 04-Jan-2007 13:49 (after 2 hours 4 minutes)

[Quote]

I'm getting loads of stick on M-solo for complaining about the switch to MP3 , maybe I could have worded it better but it's really getting out of hand.
[Profile] [PM]

herge65

Post 04-Jan-2007 20:18 (after 6 hours)

[Quote]

No one needs to try harder Omsaps...this is a great recording and the perception of its quality re the bass is (to a large extent) down to the individual, their personal taste and their eqipment...we all have EQ and we all have acces to software capable of making the music sound how we like it!
I think this is a top notch live boot. I realise that no-one is complaining...but hey...we got a great sounding recording of Morrissey doing what he does best...and we got it for free!
Keep em coming! :P
herge65
[Profile] [PM]

omsaps ®

Post 04-Jan-2007 21:14 (after 56 minutes)

[Quote]

No one needs to try harder Omsaps...this is a great recording and the perception of its quality re the bass is (to a large extent) down to the individual, their personal taste and their eqipment...we all have EQ and we all have acces to software capable of making the music sound how we like it!
I think this is a top notch live boot. I realise that no-one is complaining...but hey...we got a great sounding recording of Morrissey doing what he does best...and we got it for free!
Keep em coming! :P
herge65
Thanks for your kind words , that has cheered me up.
Very much appreciated.
CHEERS
Keith
[Profile] [PM]

Patrick

Post 04-Jan-2007 21:18 (after 3 minutes)

[Quote]

Keith, I am shocked after reading that thread over at Msolo.... people there really need a reality check... the guy that posted your show didn't even thank you for taping it, let alone adhere to your request. People like that are the reason that more people don't share their shows here.
[Profile] [PM]

omsaps ®

Post 04-Jan-2007 21:41 (after 22 minutes)

[Quote]

Keith, I am shocked after reading that thread over at Msolo.... people there really need a reality check... the guy that posted your show didn't even thank you for taping it, let alone adhere to your request. People like that are the reason that more people don't share their shows here.
That's the same feeling I got , just a mention of my name as the taper would have been nice , but no , he got all his mates to gang up and have a go at me .
I have now learnt my lesson I suppose , keep what I have .
THANX for those words of encouragement.
CHEERS
Keith.
[Profile] [PM]

monsterH

Post 04-Jan-2007 22:54 (after 1 hour 13 minutes)

[Quote]

Hey Keith,
Don't let the Moz-solo people drag down your spirits. I've checked out a few different threads there and that person who posted the mp3s does so for many other lossless shows. That's why his mates look up to him and defend him vigorously. The least they could do is to thank and credit you for taping the show.
Thank you again for sharing this show - I know it is very much appreciated here...!
Cheers,
monsterH
[Profile] [PM]

Patrick

Post 05-Jan-2007 00:12 (after 1 hour 18 minutes)

[Quote]

Keith, I totally understand what you mean, and I share your sentiment. I have recorded many Moz shows over the years and am happy to trade and share with fellow tapers, but the reason why I don't offer them here or elsewhere is for this reason (not to mention the assholes that sell them on ebay). Maybe tapers should start their own Moz torrent site...so idiots like that can't get access.
Anyway, I replied to the M-solo thread... which will most likely fall on deaf ears.
[Profile] [PM]

steve

Post 05-Jan-2007 11:18 (after 11 hours)

[Quote]

That's a good idea ... having a restricted access torrent site. You'd never be able to completely control what happens to a download once its posted, but at least you could keep the worst offenders out.
In a way that's what happens in the trading world with 'rare' stuff. You have a small circle of traders that you've learnt to trust, who you are happy to let your stuff out to, because you know its not going to go any further.
Something like that might encourage more people to upload stuff.
[Profile] [PM]

omsaps ®

Post 05-Jan-2007 12:16 (after 57 minutes)

[Quote]

Keith, I totally understand what you mean, and I share your sentiment. I have recorded many Moz shows over the years and am happy to trade and share with fellow tapers, but the reason why I don't offer them here or elsewhere is for this reason (not to mention the assholes that sell them on ebay). Maybe tapers should start their own Moz torrent site...so idiots like that can't get access.
Anyway, I replied to the M-solo thread... which will most likely fall on deaf ears.
Thanks Patrick,
I appreciate your support and well worded comments on the M-Solo board , THANK YOU.
But it fell on deaf ears as you said , just look at the post below yours.
I'd like to say Thankyou to everyone on here , they seem to realise how much hassle you have to go through to get the Bootleg out to people.
AND Patrick , i hope you don't mind me asking , but have you got a website with your recordings on to trade.
If so , any chance of PM ing the link to me .
I have no more Mozza stuff but I'm sure we can come to some arrangement about trading .
Most of the stuff I've recorded this year is either Metal or Irish Punk , Soulfly , SLF, Dropkicks , The Pogues etc.
I can only get into certain venues , ones that Cater for Disabled people AND most don't .
So i only now go to a few gigs every year .Before I used to be at 3 or 4 a week but never taped them , which is a pity , because I've seen a lot of good bands , including the Smiths at Aston Uni before they had even released their first Album, that will always stay in my mind , because there was a Flower seller outside the gig AND I didn't know why , until I got in and there was everyone with Flowers , swinging them above their heads , a brilliant sight , one not to be forgotten.
CHEERS
Keith
[Profile] [PM]

bclark93

Post 05-Jan-2007 17:19 (after 5 hours)

[Quote]

keith,
i myself have recorded many concerts (sadly no Morrissey) and can see where your frustration builds. Its just best to ignore their negative comments, etc. don't let a few rotten apples spoil the fun. you will always encounter people like that. please don't let them bring you down, as thats what they want.
I'm sure that I may speak for the majority of this forum in by saying we thank you for recording and sharing this wonderful concert!
thank you :-)
BC
[Profile] [PM]

strangeways

Post 05-Jan-2007 19:11 (after 1 hour 51 minute)

[Quote]

Keith,
thanks very much for your efforts to record this show. the quality is great!
i am sorry for the people over at so low and their rude comments.
thanks once again for all the work and don't let them dragging you down
strangeways
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 14-Nov 13:41