Morrissey - 06 May 2004 Apollo Theater, NYC

Reply to topic

bclark93 ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 12-Dec-2006 14:48

[Quote]

another great Morrissey gig I snatched from STG back in 2004. I'll also be seeding the night of May 08.
If anybody has the videos to these please post them!
Enjoy!
Morrissey
May 6th, 2004
Apollo Theater, NYC
Set List:
The First Of The Gang To Die
Hairdresser On Fire
How Could Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel?
Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice
Shoplifters of the World Unite
Subway Train [into...]
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Now My Heart is Full
A Rush And A Push And The Land Is Ours
All The Lazy Dykes
Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference
I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday
No One Can Hold A Candle To You
Jack The Ripper
I'm Not Sorry
Irish Blood, English Heart
//There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
[Profile] [PM]

catalina

Post 12-Dec-2006 15:37 (after 48 minutes)

[Quote]

Thanks bclark!
PassionsJustLikeMine.com comments--
"Hand In Glove" was replaced by "Shoplifters Of The World Unite", but not in the encore position as would have been expected. "I Like You" and "The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores" were absent and replaced by "Now My Heart Is Full" and "I Have Forgiven Jesus".
"Rubber Ring" was handwritten on the setlist as a second encore, it was probably meant to make up for one of the deleted songs, but it wasn't played. The song had never been performed by Morrissey solo before, but it would make it into the set 2 concerts down the road, during the final one of the five Apollo gigs.
"Welcome to your third insallment" was Morrissey's greeting on this night. This "third installment" went down even better than the previous two. Morrissey was a bit less talkative, but in great mood and the audience was the most energetic so far on this stretch of the tour, dancing and singing loudly with their idol. Morrissey thanked them by sending not one, but two of his shirts into the crowd. No one made it on stage.
Because a female fan in the front row was acting like a metalhead, Morrissey asked her, after the third song, "Are you here to see Ozzy Osbourne? I love Kelly Osbourne... I don't really...". "Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice" was introduced as "an even newer song... It is called 'Don't Make Fun Of Me Because I'm So Fat'... actually it's called 'Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice'". After "Shoplifters Of The World Unite" which was performed unusually early in the set (it's often an encore), Morrissey apologized "Sorry I have a really bad chest...".
In "Everyday Is Like Sunday", one line was changed to "everyday is like... Thursday" (it was a Thursday), which got a good reaction from the crowd. After "Now My Heart Is Full", came the band introduction: "Can I please introduce you to the Harlem Dolls... almost in the wings... Boz... never in the wings... Gary... a drummer who has wings... Deano... and wings wings wings wings... Alain... and wings wings wings wings... Mikey".
During "Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference", particularly during the line "written words on paper, can you write?", Morrissey pulled notes from fans from his pocket to illustrate the words. After the song he said "And maybe to keep your brains between your legs isn't such a bad thing... maybe I'm just a slow learner... but at least I admit it...".
After "I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday", Morrissey announced (joking) "We're ready for Shea Stadium tomorrow! It will be completely empty but we'll be there" then turned to a fan in the front row and said "Of course Jim, the 80s, it's pathetic, pathetic, pathetic... a cover version... you don't know, you've forgotten... your hair? You know you have to cut your hair tomorrow... I beg you, i'll pay you... let me do it... let me do it... I have a blowtorch...".
After "Jack The Ripper" (on the setlist simply as "Riper"), Morrissey said "Thank you for clapping", then after the next song he added "somebody in the back didn't clap... I feel really embarrassed... sort of...".
At the end of his vocal part in the encore of "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out", Morrissey sang... "I love you... thank you..." a few times then said "God bless you" and "no need to stand!" as his fans were giving him a standing ovation. He left stage and was followed by his musicians, who one by one put their instruments down, bowed to the audience then exited. The last one to leave was keyboardist 'Mikey' after finishing his 'violin' outro to the encore song.
[Profile] [PM]

bclark93 ®

Post 12-Dec-2006 16:52 (after 1 hour 14 minutes)

[Quote]

Been cleaning things out and found a few other shows I've yet seen posted.
If there is any interest let me know ;)
Feb 09 1995 Cambridge UK
Nov 03 2002 Glasgow Barrowlands
July 03 2004 Roskilde Denmark [FM]
[Profile] [PM]

joelad3

Post 12-Dec-2006 18:06 (after 1 hour 14 minutes)

[Quote]

Thanks for all the shows... and the more the better. I'd be interested in any of the shows above.
Again, many thanks!
Joelad
[Profile] [PM]

monsterH

Post 13-Dec-2006 03:34 (after 9 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks bclark93 - I liked YATQ better than ROTT, and this was a good tour...
[Profile] [PM]

whitecolours

Post 13-Dec-2006 06:19 (after 2 hours 45 minutes)

[Quote]

Thanks very much - awesome quality torrent and a great performance.
I'd love to see all of the ones you mentioned above plus any more from this era of the YATQ tour - prior to the birthday show in Manchester. Especially the Las Vegas show would be awesome!
Thanks again.
[Profile] [PM]

catalina

Post 14-Dec-2006 21:10 (after 1 day 14 hours)

[Quote]

bclark, I'd love to hear the July 3, 04 event. FM shows are always appreciated.
[Profile] [PM]

bclark93 ®

Post 14-Dec-2006 22:15 (after 1 hour 5 minutes)

[Quote]

the Roskilde festival is now up. I'll get the others and perhaps a few more seeded by weekends end :-)
[Profile] [PM]

el vampiro

Longevity: 10 years

Post 28-Dec-2006 22:07 (after 13 days)

[Quote]

Thank you VERY much for this post. I originally snatched these up from Dime a year or so ago and misplaced the damn things :( These Apollo shows were very enjoyable.
[Profile] [PM]

angryelvis

Post 02-May-2007 20:08 (after 4 months 4 days)

[Quote]

Could the seeders return? Thanks.
[Profile] [PM]

xeroart80

Longevity: 7 years 3 months

Post 08-Mar-2010 00:53 (after 2 years 10 months)

[Quote]

Seed please.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 24-Jun 05:09