Cheap Smiths Bootlegs

Reply to topic

DavidA ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 06-Mar-2006 22:07

[Quote]

This guy is selling some cheap Smiths bootlegs. I've seen the rarities sell for £36 in the UK but he's selling for about £7. Don't know if they're silvers or CD-Rs; I've bought a couple so I'll let you know.
[Profile] [PM]

Ivory88

Post 09-Mar-2006 03:56 (after 2 days 5 hours)

[Quote]

I'd venture a guess and say they're CD-Rs. Just checking out some of the other artists, all have custom artwork courtesy of "Alternative Edge Productions" versus different boot labels. However -- as much as I'm against selling of CD-Rs & DVD-Rs -- if they're providing lossless boots on quality media with decent artwork, well....then the asking prices seem pretty "fair".
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA ®

Post 13-Mar-2006 22:06 (after 4 days)

[Quote]

Well, the CDs came. The good news is that they're CD silvers with proper artwork in shinkwrap. Pretty pleased with both of them.
The bad news is that CD1 of Rarities, B-Sides and The Beeb has come from an MP3 at some point in its life. Anyone know if all versions of this bootleg seem to be from MP3?
The second bootleg I got was This Charming Man, which is 13 tracks from Hamburg (Rockpalast) and 5 tracks from Oxford (Same Day Again). Good quality.
My guess would be that the person selling these bootlegs is the same person that makes them (Alternative Edge Productions). A good price, and pretty good CDs.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 19-Oct 05:33