Morrissey-2004 0711 Move Festival

Reply to topic

angryelvis ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 04-Mar-2006 19:57

[Quote]

This is a handheld camera from the Move festival on 07/11.
This is what passionsjustlikemine.com has to say about the show:
11 July 2004
Move Festival, MANCHESTER, UK
Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice
Shakespeare's Sister
First Of The Gang To Die
How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel?
Let Me Kiss You
I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday
The Headmaster Ritual
I Have Forgiven Jesus
All The Lazy Dykes
Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Subway Train/Everyday Is Like Sunday
The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
No One Can Hold A Candle To You
Rubber Ring
I'm Not Sorry
/Irish Blood, English Heart
For the second time in two months Morrissey played his hometown of Manchester. He actually made multiple references to the city and growing up in Manchester in between songs, even thanking his local fans "Thank you Manchester... so much to answer for". He was once again in the best of moods and loquacious. Despite rowdy elements in the crowd, everything went down well. Security was tight, even brutal, and no one made it on stage. No surprise in the setlist, it was identical to the ones from the past few weeks, in the same order.
Morrissey came on stage and greeted his fans "Hello Weatherfield, I am a local boy made bad". After the song he greeted fanzine editor Julia Riley. Soon after "First Of The Gang To Die", which was just being released as a single, was introduced with "Tomorrow... tomorrow we release a new single... it's a filthy job but someone has got to do it... I pray to God that you'll find it in your heart to go down to Woolies and buy it.. but don't feel obligated."
After "How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel", Morrissey made his first mention of growing up in Manchester when he said "And now a very brief history lesson... I used to work in one of those buildings over there (pointing) for 2 hellish months... I'm glad I left..." Then "Let Me Kiss You" was introduced with the words "This is our version of Nancy Sinatra's version of Morrissey's version of 'Let Me Kiss You'."
After that song he mentioned that he still had a ticket from a 1972 New York Dolls concert that should have taken place in the old Hard Rock that is now a B&Q, but their drummer died and the gig never took place. He then asked the audience "Don't you find that interesting?" and turned to Julia Riley and asked her the same question.
He started introducing "The Headmaster Ritual" with "if you can bear it one more local history lesson". This third history lesson made the news the next day. He explained that he used to go to "a horrendous mausoleum called" St Mary's School, which was "shutdown now because it was unsafe". He said "Thankfully the headmaster Vincent Moss is dead" and "All the teachers were tried for cruelty to children, but the British courts let them off. And there's only me alive to tell the story, and this song is that horrible story". He also mentioned a pub close to where he grew up: "I'm off to the Quadrant... no I'm never off to the quadrant..."
After "I Have Forgiven Jesus", Morrissey said "I can't sing anymore... I'm too happy..." Before "Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference", Morrissey enquired "Anything we can do for you?". Someone in the audience asked him to take his shirt off. To this he replied "Do you know how old I am?... I'm old enough to be your postman!" Morrissey sang the ending chorus to "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out", a rare occurrence. The song was introduced as being written "in a lot of pain" and that this pain was now a thing of the past. After it Morrissey enquired "Is the sound okay?"
When introducing the band, Morrissey mentioned that this would be Lil' Barry's last gig with them: "a very good friend who will leave us tonight but has been very helpful to us." People expected Alain's return, but there would instead be another stand-in at the next concert. He also stated, at some point, "Many people may not know this... but Morrissey is not my real name... It's Higginbottom....", after which people changed their Morrissey chant from "Morr-iss-ey!" to "Higg-in-bottom!". When Morrissey saw himself on the giant projection screen, he said, "Is that me? Oh, goodbye!" and feign to leave the stage.
Morrissey chatted again with Julia Riley. This time he asked her "Julia, what do we do next? Why is it always down to me?". He mentioned his most recent album after playing one song from it: "That was from our album 'You Are The Quarry' which is coughing its way back up the charts".
In "I'm Not Sorry", Morrissey changed a part to "The woman of my dreams, she, she never came along / The woman of my dreams, well there were 51" and then added something like "No, seriously". He also kept saying "Believe me" after most of the lines. During the outro he commented on the brutality of the security by saying "Twenty on one... it takes twenty of them to stop one man... it's not fair (shaked head; then to a fan trying to get to the stage) Thanks for trying!" Near the end "God Bless Oscar Wilde, God Bless you all, God Bless Stretford... oh now I've gone too far..." said Morrissey by way of farewell. Throughout the show he changed shirts a few times and two of them were thrown into the crowd. The first one was used by Morrissey to wipe his chest and down his trousers before being thrown out after the main set. The second one was sent into the crowd after the encore. He had earlier sent a bead necklace, the type he used to wear around 1983 when he emerged from anonymity. He also threw candy now and then.
"First Of The Gang To Die", "I Have Forgiven Jesus", "Everyday Is Like Sunday" and "Irish Blood, English Heart" were broadcast from 16 to 20 July 2004 on England's ITV1 and ITV2, among other artists having performed at the festival.
Read more about this concert and see photos offsite at MorrisseyTour.com and Morrissey-Solo.
Official releases:
"Irish Blood, English Heart", "Everyday Is Like Sunday", "First Of The Gang To Die", "I Have Forgiven Jesus" and "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" were included on the official live DVD release titled "Who Put The M In Manchester?". The camera angles are different to the ones used on the television broadcast mentioned above.
An audience recording of the complete concert is circulated on bootlegs DVDs. A 4 songs broadcast on television (mentioned in the above description) are also circulated.
[Profile] [PM]

moz90

Longevity: 9 years 10 months

Post 28-Feb-2008 17:18 (after 1 year 11 months)

[Quote]

thanks a lot. can anybody seeding plis
bye
[Profile] [PM]

cro_morrissey

Post 03-Mar-2008 09:10 (after 3 days)

[Quote]

can someone please seed??
please....
[Profile] [PM]

cro_morrissey

Post 04-Mar-2008 12:28 (after 1 day 3 hours)

[Quote]

thanks..i've just finished it...i'll seed now..
:)
[Profile] [PM]

anovella

Post 05-Mar-2008 12:44 (after 1 day)

[Quote]

Thanks a lot
[Profile] [PM]

choskins

Longevity: 10 years

Post 11-Jul-2008 02:57 (after 4 months 5 days)

[Quote]

I would love to see this show. Love the extras on "Who put the M".
If someone can seed, please do.
Thanks!
[Profile] [PM]

crox

Post 20-Jun-2009 08:13 (after 11 months 9 days)

[Quote]

really loved this show on samples i saw. please seed.
is the tv 4 song available??
thanks
[Profile] [PM]

VivaLove

Longevity: 5 years 11 months

Post 30-Mar-2012 19:05 (after 2 years 9 months)

[Quote]

I'm quite late on this but would someone be so kind and seed?
[Profile] [PM]

crushedvelvet

Longevity: 5 years 11 months

Post 30-Apr-2012 13:15 (after 30 days)

[Quote]

hello, i am late too but i'm hoping someone will seed this one... thanks! i'll try to do the same for what i can.
[Profile] [PM]

willisboy23

Longevity: 5 years 8 months

Post 15-Jun-2015 07:06 (after 3 years 1 month)

[Quote]

Thank you
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 15-Dec 08:14