Did The Smiths play Radio City Music Hall in New York, Fall of 1985?

Reply to topic

monsterH ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 14-Oct-2006 04:49

[Quote]

Fall of 1985 was my freshman year in college. I was a Smiths fan, but really more of a casual one at the time - I remember adverts for a Smiths concert at Radio City Music Hall, but wasn't fanatic enough at the time to buy tickets and go (will always be my regret, as I never saw The Smiths live).
I do remember at the time (not sure if it was from the college paper at Rutgers University or a local paper) that The Smiths were not satisfied with their show earlier that summer at Pier 84 in New York, and that they promised to make up for it at the Radio City Music Hall venue (this is 1986 I believe).
But for the life of me, I can't find this concert anywhere, even in www.passionsjustlikemine.com under The Smiths concerts. This is something that's been nagging me - does anyone know if they played at Radio City at all? Or is this the faulty memory of a 39 year old?
Does this show exist?
Help!
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 14-Oct-2006 17:52 (after 13 hours)

[Quote]

Don't think they ever played there.
[Profile] [PM]

strangeways

Post 14-Oct-2006 20:19 (after 2 hours 27 minutes)

[Quote]

checked with goddards book and there is no mention of radio city hall, just beacon theater and pier 84
[Profile] [PM]

htomczak

Post 07-Dec-2006 21:30 (after 1 month 24 days)

[Quote]

They were scheduled to play Radio City in Sept of 1986 - I had 18th row tickets. I heard on WNEW-FM that morning that the show was cancelled and I was needless to say devistated. :( Also needless to say was that I would never see the Smiths again ...
Hank
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 18-Aug 20:25