fki ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 12-Oct-2006 06:01

[Quote]

Morrissey
13 July 1991
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
Liberated bootleg "Piccadilly Palare".
Lineage: Silver CD > FLAC Level 8 (w. Nero)
Torrent created on 12 October 2006
Shared by fki @ smithstorrents.co.uk
Tracks:
01 - Interesting Drug
02 - The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
03 - Piccadilly Palare
04 - Trash
05 - Sing Your Life
06 - King Leer
07 - Asian Rut
08 - Mute Witness
09 - Everyday Is Like Sunday
10 - November Spawned A Monster
11 - Will Never Marry
12 - There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends
13 - That's Entertainment
14 - Our Frank + Suedehead + Yes I Am Blind
15 - Alsatian Cousin
16 - Disappointed
Total length: 59:15
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes from PassionsJustLikeMine.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interesting Drug
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
Piccadilly Palare
Trash
Sing Your Life
King Leer
Asian Rut
Mute Witness
Everyday Is Like Sunday
November Spawned A Monster
Will Never Marry
There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends
That's Entertainment
Our Frank
Suedehead
Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together
/Yes I Am Blind
/Alsatian Cousin
//Disappointed
The first North American leg of the Kill Uncle tour ended on a great note. The 20000 tickets for this show had sold out in a morning and the sale of merchandise established a new record for the Madison Square Garden. The previous record had been held by U2 since 1987. Morrissey and his bandmates were all in excellent mood. The fans were very energetic and many of them tried to jump over the security-filled gap between the pit and the stage to make it to their idol. Approximately ten to fifteen were successful, a fair amount considering this was a venue where that kind of thing never happened.
"Alsatian Cousin" finally saw its live debut. The song had been rehearsed for some time at soundchecks earlier on the tour so fans following Morrissey were expecting it to appear at some point. Like other new live additions on this leg of the tour, it was slotted in the encore.
After the "Piccadilly Palare"/"Trash" pairing Morrissey started "That song... is called... "Trash"... and...." but never finished what he had to say. During "Mute Witness" the man did two shoulder stands, legs in the air, arms supporting his backside which was turned towards the audience. After "November Spawned A Monster" he said to his 20000 fans "This is very cosy ... I take that back... Aargh!" At the end of "That's Entertainment", during the usual frantic drum and guitar frenzy, Boz fell over Gary and got his guitar entangled between his legs. At the end of the song he smashed it with a look of satisfaction on his face.
In "Our Frank", Morrissey changed a line to "the world may be ending, but look I'm practically human". After "Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together" which ended the main set, Morrissey threw the shirt he had been wearing into the audience and left stage, followed by Th'Lads. He did the same again after the first encore, "Yes I Am Blind". The new live addition "Alsatian Cousin" was played next. The band then left stage again, but they returned for a surprise second encore in which they did the usual set closer "Disappointed".
Many celebrities were seen in the audience, such as Michael Stipe (there was a rumour he would join Morrissey on stage), Lloyd Cole, Matt Dillon, and members of Tears For Fears, B-52s, Ocean Blue and Squeeze.
Bootlegs:
An audience recording of the whole concert minus the final song "Disappointed" is circulated on bootleg VHS and DVDs. It is not impossible but very unlikely that some VHS in circulation do include "Disappointed".
An audience audio recording of this concert is available on a manufactured bootleg cd titled "Piccadilly Palare". The sound quality is fair but "Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together" is missing and "Our Frank", "Suedehead" and "Yes I Am Blind" are in one track.
Another bootleg is circulated under the title "New York '91". It is possibly the same as "Piccadilly Palare", or it might feature the audio from the video recording mentioned above. It could also feature a third different recording that has been seen on limited circulation, this one of the full concert.
The audio from the video bootleg is available on many file sharing networks. The other two recordings are not circulated on the internet yet.
[Profile] [PM]

catalina

Post 12-Oct-2006 17:53 (after 11 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks!
[Profile] [PM]

monsterH

Post 13-Oct-2006 07:31 (after 13 hours)

[Quote]

I was at this show - alot of people were actually mad, including myself, as Moz barely played one hour - this was the shortest concert I've ever been to. I could understand a short setlist if this was part of a festival, but for a show itself...?
But, glad I went...
[Profile] [PM]

waterisnat

Post 14-Oct-2006 02:02 (after 18 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks a lot, fki!!!
[Profile] [PM]

traveller03

Post 14-Oct-2006 04:18 (after 2 hours 16 minutes)

[Quote]

I was at this show - alot of people were actually mad, including myself, as Moz barely played one hour - this was the shortest concert I've ever been to. I could understand a short setlist if this was part of a festival, but for a show itself...?
But, glad I went...
Agreed. I was there too and it was pretty short. I remember the show at Jones Beach being even shorter though that could be the haze of 15 years playing tricks on me. Oh well, at least we get to hear it again! Thanks, fki! :)
[Profile] [PM]

bclark93

Post 14-Oct-2006 16:19 (after 12 hours)

[Quote]

many thanks for this!
[Profile] [PM]

robbo123

Post 14-Oct-2006 20:32 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

Hey, at least the 91 shows were all around 70 min (this bootleg has a bunch of cut songs, so it's even shorter).
The worst was the Maladjusted tour in '97. Almost every show was under an hour with a full encore. Those were some fantastic shows, but I was always left with the same feeling that he could've played at least 1-2 more.
[Profile] [PM]

willie10c

Longevity: 4 years 10 months

Post 14-Jan-2013 02:54 (after 6 years 2 months)

[Quote]

I too was at this show...yet I was enjoying a Sky Box and all the added bonuses of that experience, so I need this to remember the set list! :twisted:
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 24-Nov 07:40