Question on seeding..

Reply to topic

MorningGlory123 ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 27-Feb-2006 18:57

[Quote]

Ok, ive downloaded the wonderful woman bootleg, and it was seeding ok. But i moved the actual files and was wondering how i would get it seeding again, as in helping your torrent being seeded, if you get me.
I also have the hacienda video on my computer, and i was wondering how i would be able to seed that so it works with the torrent you've made.
Cheers.
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 27-Feb-2006 20:11 (after 1 hour 13 minutes)

[Quote]

Which torrent client are you using?
Assuming utorrent:
1. Leave the torrent in the utorrent program
2. Click on stop.
3. Right click on the torrent and choose 'set download location'
4. Choose the place where the files now reside
5. Right click on the torrent again and choose 'force re-check'
6. Wait for it to finish checking. It should end up at 100%
7. Press start and you'll be seeding again.
The only way to 'join on' to an existing torrent to help with the seed is if the file(s) are 100% identical. Unless you've downloaded from me, I doubt the files are 100% identical, so you wouldn't be able to help with the seed. If it's a better version though I'd welcome an upgrade.
[Profile] [PM]

MorningGlory123 ®

Post 27-Feb-2006 20:53 (after 42 minutes)

[Quote]

Thanks alot, Ive got the Wonderful Woman gig seeding again.
About the hacienda video, its only one file, so i dont have the text document with it which im sure your torrent will have?
I guess i could easily make one which would be exactly the same as yours, it all depends on the video like you said. Mines an mpeg too which is 382 MB (400,711,052 bytes). Is yours the same size?
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 27-Feb-2006 21:09 (after 16 minutes)

[Quote]

Glad you got Wonderful Woman seeding. Seems to be working well.
My hacienda MPG is exactly 400,711,052 bytes too, so it seems we have a 100% match. If you
1. download the torrent
2. cancel the MPG but download the text file
3. stop the torrent
4. add the MPG to the directory
5. 'force-recheck'
6. start
...then you should be able to help me seed.
Much appreciated.
[Profile] [PM]

MorningGlory123 ®

Post 27-Feb-2006 22:11 (after 1 hour 1 minute)

[Quote]

Ok ill try that, i should be able to do it with the adamski amsterdam aswell, i only need the jpg.
Ill have to wait until my electric stars is finished first though :)
[Profile] [PM]

MorningGlory123 ®

Post 27-Feb-2006 23:43 (after 1 hour 32 minutes)

[Quote]

Well i done what you said for the Hacienda video, and its saying i am seeding in my Utorrent, but on this site its saying im still downloading. Also because i need to improve my ratio i can only download one torrent at a time, so it should be starting my other one now that this one has finished, yet it isnt...
[Profile] [PM]

skippy

Post 26-Mar-2006 14:14 (after 26 days)

[Quote]

I 'm having seeding difficulties. I am running sharaza for my torrents and it just wont let me seed anything; anybody got any idea how I can overcome this problem? (I feel bad for not being able to share)
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 26-Mar-2006 14:21 (after 6 minutes)

[Quote]

Yes, upgrade to a better client, try the latest uTorrent:-
http://www.utorrent.com/
[Profile] [PM]

skippy

Post 26-Mar-2006 14:50 (after 29 minutes)

[Quote]

Thanks 'Flea' but I am also having trouble with uTorrent. When testing to see wheather people can connect to me or not I get an error 'Port 32459 does not appear to be open.' I do not have the technical knowledge to understand what the hell it's going on about. I do not run Peerguardian or any sort of IP blocker but I do have norton firewall; does anybody know how to sort this out?
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 26-Mar-2006 18:05 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

You could bin Norton and get a decent firewall. Not that Norton isn't good at it's job, it's just a resource hogger. Try ZoneAlarm, it's easy to configure and get any torrent client to work as it's suposed to.
[Profile] [PM]

skippy

Post 26-Mar-2006 21:42 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks 'Flea', I have figured out how to seed things now using utorrent after messing around for a while (pain in the arse firewall).
[Profile] [PM]

Sigrid

Longevity: 10 years

Post 08-Jan-2007 18:15 (after 9 months 12 days)

[Quote]

I've downloaded a file using bittorrent (Smiths South-Bank-Show) and I'm now trying to reseed ist. I couldn't get it to work with bittottent, so I changed to utorrent which most of you seem to use.
I followed the explanation above ("how to create and seed a torrent"), but still without success. Obviously I have created a torrent, I filled in the tracker out of the example and now utorrent says "100%" and "seeding", but the detailed information on top of the Southbank-thread still shows me as a leecher.
Maybe I should add that I'm totally new to this ... I assume that I maybe use a wrong tracker?
Thanks for any ideas, I will be trying again.
Sigrid
[Profile] [PM]

Sigrid

Longevity: 10 years

Post 08-Jan-2007 18:18 (after 3 minutes)

[Quote]

Err ... the tracker I'm using is: http://www.smithstorrents.co.uk/bt/announce.php
[Profile] [PM]

ownZero

Post 08-Jan-2007 19:47 (after 1 hour 29 minutes)

[Quote]

I've downloaded a file using bittorrent (Smiths South-Bank-Show) and I'm now trying to reseed ist. I couldn't get it to work with bittottent, so I changed to utorrent which most of you seem to use.
I followed the explanation above ("how to create and seed a torrent"), but still without success. Obviously I have created a torrent, I filled in the tracker out of the example and now utorrent says "100%" and "seeding", but the detailed information on top of the Southbank-thread still shows me as a leecher.
Maybe I should add that I'm totally new to this ... I assume that I maybe use a wrong tracker?
Thanks for any ideas, I will be trying again.
Sigrid
Sounds like you "recreated" that torrent instead of seeding it. I use Azureus as my torrent client and with that program, as long as the files are in the same directory you downloaded to originally, you can just drag and drop the original .torrent file into the Azureus program window. You could also redownload the .torrent file from that torrent's web page if you no longer have it. Azureus then links to the downloaded files, checks to see if it is a full 100% copy and then will start seeding it.
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 08-Jan-2007 21:26 (after 1 hour 39 minutes)

[Quote]

Sigrid,
Re-download the torrent file from this site. Open it in utorrent. Stop the torrent in utorrent and choose 'advanced | set download location'.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 23-Aug 15:35