QID deluxe

Reply to topic

SweetFA ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 20-Oct-2017 18:19

[Quote]

Just giving it a first listen via amazon music now.
Interesting that the long QID has had the take me back to dear old Blighty intro removed, the frankly mr shankly demo isn’t the trumpet version and Rubber Ring segues into Asleep like it did on the single release.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA ®

Post 20-Oct-2017 18:22 (after 3 minutes)

[Quote]

Oh and Never Had No-one Ever is the trumpet version, can see why it got ditched!
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA ®

Post 21-Oct-2017 09:06 (after 14 hours)

[Quote]

Wonder why there’s no demo of Vicar In A Tutu?
[Profile] [PM]

savbomb

Longevity: 5 years 5 months

Post 21-Oct-2017 12:21 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

CD 1 ---- Sounds fantastic. Seems to be based on a new digital transfer, which is overdue.
CD 2 ---- If the Smiths had all died in a coach crash in 1985 and these unfinished versions had been released as a posthumous final album, we would still be talking about an all-time classic.
CD 3 ---- I doubt any live recording will top Rank, but this is a great set of performances well worth having. Sounds excellent, but possibly plays a little too fast, not sure.
DVD ---- I do like the Derek Jarman film, but I have to confess I have not yet been inspired to get the DVD out of the slipcase, and I'm not sure exactly when that will happen.
Packaging ---- Not very inspiring, but for me it's relatively unimportant. Craig Gannon uncredited, which is a bit petty and dickish.
Wonder why there’s no demo of Vicar In A Tutu?
There were instrumental demos of a few songs, including that one, on the reference CD that appeared on eBay. I guess they decided not to include those, which I can understand, because its a product not solely aimed at diehards, and it would have brought CD2 down a bit. I suppose maybe no vocal demo/outtake exists.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA ®

Post 21-Oct-2017 12:39 (after 17 minutes)

[Quote]

Disappointed by Money Changes Everything being included in the same version available elsewhere rather than the shorter version on the recent QID 12” that I still haven’t heard.
[Profile] [PM]

MartyMorris

Longevity: 6 months 7 days

Post 24-Oct-2017 12:24 (after 2 days 23 hours)

[Quote]

Hi all. The Deluxe version sounds fantastic. I can hear guitar parts that I didn't hear on the original. Perhaps I wasn't looking out for them.
Just my two pence but I thought the video transfer of Jarman's film was woeful quality. The title of the film that comes up looks like it's been transferred from a VHS copy.
[Profile] [PM]

georgethetwentythird

Longevity: 6 years 6 months

Post 25-Oct-2017 20:56 (after 1 day 8 hours)

[Quote]

Really surprised they didn't extend to the Panic and Ask singles for this. Still no Draize Train available on CD!
[Profile] [PM]

Halloway

Longevity: 4 years 6 months

Post 26-Oct-2017 09:57 (after 13 hours)

[Quote]

Still no Draize Train available on CD!
It was available on a CD single of 'Panic'
Yours for only £35!
http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=19703
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic