Spotted this on Spotify...

Reply to topic

SweetFA ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 13-Jan-2015 22:16

[Quote]

www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2010/oct/12/smiths-covers-project-janice-whaley
They're all on there. She covered every bloody song I think.
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 14-Jan-2015 17:49 (after 19 hours)

[Quote]

Nice find. She did a good job too.
[Profile] [PM]

fab eberhard

Longevity: 7 years 3 months

Post 03-Feb-2015 00:12 (after 19 days)

[Quote]

wow... that is a tremendous amount of work. i like so many elements of what she accomplished. and hey... when tony visconti uses the word "astounding" to describe your hard work it would seem to me you have achieved something. honestly, how many horrifying covers are there in the world of smiths songs? these are going to be interesting to work thru for some time to come... thanks for pointing me to this! cheers...
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA ®

Post 03-Feb-2015 14:49 (after 14 hours)

[Quote]

wow... that is a tremendous amount of work. i like so many elements of what she accomplished. and hey... when tony visconti uses the word "astounding" to describe your hard work it would seem to me you have achieved something. honestly, how many horrifying covers are there in the world of smiths songs? these are going to be interesting to work thru for some time to come... thanks for pointing me to this! cheers...
I thought some of the later cover albums she did sounded a bit rushed. Also they were more using synthesiser than acapella.
I tend to quite like covers of Smiths songs, they sound fresh after hearing the same original version thousands of times.
One of my other favourite bands The Wedding Present covered Hand In Glove and it was awful though :-(
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 25-Jul 04:39