Wanted: True Original UK/French Hatful of Hollow CD - The Impossible Dream?

Reply to topic

tmtomh ®

Longevity: 4 years 1 month

Post 14-Nov-2014 15:31

[Quote]

Hi folks,
I'm not a completist, but I do like to collect my favorite Smiths stuff - and Hatful of Hollow is one of those.
For years I've been searching for the first UK issue of the CD (disc itself was made in France, around 1987). You can see it here: http://www.discogs.com/Smiths-Hatful-Of-Hollow/release/3260022
So I'm wondering if anyone here has a copy they'd be willing to sell.
The distinguishing mark of this one is that it has the full, original cover art like the LP, with the blue border:

This is different from the much more common 1987 pressings, which feature the cropped cover art with only a closeup of the model's face and no blue border:

I am aware that other pressings (mostly from Japan) also have the full cover art - but I am looking for that full cover art, paired with the UK/French-made CD, and there is only one version like that.
So if you have one, please PM me - I am not looking to pay crazy money for it, but I will pay a pretty decent amount.
Thank you!
[Profile] [PM]

sloughbomb

Longevity: 6 years 8 months

Post 14-Nov-2014 23:32 (after 8 hours)

[Quote]

Good luck finding one of these.
They do appear on ebay every now and then.
I'd say you need to budget £100+, depending on condition of course; cos they are seriously rare and all Smiths fans want them!
[Profile] [PM]

tmtomh ®

Longevity: 4 years 1 month

Post 14-Nov-2014 23:59 (after 26 minutes)

[Quote]

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. According to discogs' sales history, a few of these have sold for $10 to $32 - although none in several months, and it's possible the ones that did sell were not actually this edition.
At any rate, I will keep my eyes peeled.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 20-Sep 07:33