The Smiths And Morrissey Legacy Reissue Series

Go to page :   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

SweetFA

Longevity: 13 years

Post 19-Feb-2014 11:22

[Quote]

I reckon we will see the Smiths vaults being opened before too long. Maybe once Morrissey has got through his solo remasters.
I think you'll be the first to get an inkling, David, when you get a cease and desist email...
The way things appear to be I think it'll only happen in Morrissey's lifetime if he desperately needs the money, he seems totally entrenched against it - the Mike Joyce court case seems to be the reason he gives.
The Smiths remasters were a surprise though so you never can tell.
[Profile] [PM]

savbomb

Longevity: 7 years 5 months

Post 19-Feb-2014 12:52 (after 1 hour 29 minutes)

[Quote]

I don't think Mike gets any royalties from the Smiths anymore. I think Johnny bought him out. That's just my informed guess, though. I can't be sure and I can't prove it. A while back, Mike said something like: "Why don't you ask Morrissey who gets all the Smiths royalties now?". The only scenario I can think of where one person would get all the royalties is if Johnny had bought out Mike and Andy and was therefore (at the time) also getting Morrissey's royalties because of his debt to Mike.
I think the real reasons for delay are that Morrissey doesn't want to be seen to capitulate and that he's fallen out with Johnny/Warners, who he doesn't feel have been involving him enough ("I have no connection with The Smiths catalogue, apparently no legal rights and no involvement. I know nothing about reissues or remastered versions, and I am not consulted").
But he's been working with Warners on his own re-issues (they now own Parlophone) and the fact that the OGWT version of Bigmouth was released last year shows that he isn't opposed to new Smiths material coming out in principle. I think it's just a matter of waiting for Morrissey to wake up in the right mood one day.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 19-Feb-2014 15:56 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

the fact that the OGWT version of Bigmouth was released last year
Must have missed that, where was it released?
[Profile] [PM]

savbomb

Post 19-Feb-2014 16:03 (after 6 minutes)

[Quote]

A compilation called "Old Grey Whistle Test: The Anthems". Annoyingly, they cross-faded it with the preceding track, so you don't get the start of it properly.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 19-Feb-2014 20:42 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

A compilation called "Old Grey Whistle Test: The Anthems". Annoyingly, they cross-faded it with the preceding track, so you don't get the start of it properly.
Oh right :-)
[Profile] [PM]

Oso Blanco

Post 19-Feb-2014 20:54 (after 11 minutes)

[Quote]

The Smiths remasters were a surprise though so you never can tell.
The only surprise there was the Troy Tate version of Reel Around The Fountain (which wasn't even on CD), anything else was just business as usual.
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 20-Feb-2014 01:46 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

Man alive!
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 20-Feb-2014 11:39 (after 9 hours)

[Quote]

Disappointed with Stephane tbh.
April Fools jokes are for April 1st.
[Profile] [PM]

savbomb

Post 20-Feb-2014 12:17 (after 37 minutes)

[Quote]

Disappointed with Stephane tbh.
April Fools jokes are for April 1st.
I agree it's a bit of a weird thing to do. But over on moz-solo people are swearing at him and wishing him dead and all sorts. You'd think he'd killed a puppy.
[Profile] [PM]

waterisnat

Post 20-Feb-2014 12:21 (after 4 minutes)

[Quote]

I'm with SweetFA on this one. Knowing all those recordings (and many more!) exist and trying to spark a discussion about them is fine alright (and I will be the first in line to buy all the listed items, in multiple formats even!!), but it's no good to tease and torment fans with a cheap headline grabbing hoax. But then again, that's the way the cradle is rocked these days, I'm afraid.
[Profile] [PM]

fab eberhard

Longevity: 9 years 6 months

Post 20-Feb-2014 13:18 (after 57 minutes)

[Quote]

wow... whatever happened to have a sense of humor? not only is it the best boat/cradle rocking in some time, it was perpetuated by the one person who really held all the cards. "oh it just couldn't be"... lol! brilliant stephane briiliant!! cheers...
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 20-Feb-2014 13:33 (after 14 minutes)

[Quote]

I loved it. Still thinking about it.
[Profile] [PM]

pjlm

Post 21-Feb-2014 01:17 (after 11 hours)

[Quote]

I'm sorry that some of you are disappointed in me, but if I resurrected Passions Just Like Mine, I'm going to have a bit of fun with it once in a while. I'll be doing more with it than just slaving, entering catalogue numbers and record descriptions. I'm a very playful person in real life and I want this to come out more in my 'work'. I thought that announcing the pre-order for April 1st and the release date an impossible one, and playing with the 'Warmer' name would give it away immediately. Many people noticed those things and reported it, but many others just decided to ignore the signs. I guess the desire for such incredible packages blinded them to the rest.
I shouldn't be surprised that after being mostly absent from Moz-solo for a year and a half, to still find the same haters there as before, still quick to jump to the face of Morrissey or anyone else they hate, like angry dogs behind a fence. I got them on ignore over there, but unfortunately I can't ignore the death threats they anonymously send to my email account. Pretty sad. There's so many great people who don't hang out there anymore because of those sad individuals.
Anyhow, to the kind people here, please don't take it too harshly, it was not meant to torment, but to stimulate.
See you around...
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 21-Feb-2014 02:06 (after 49 minutes)

[Quote]

I nearly commented on the vitriol at moz-solo and then thought better of it. I'm so pleased to have kept that from these shores somehow.
Now Stephane, before you go, if you could just seed that legacy set it would be much appreciated.
[Profile] [PM]

Oso Blanco

Post 21-Feb-2014 05:02 (after 2 hours 55 minutes)

[Quote]

Now Stephane, before you go, if you could just seed that legacy set it would be much appreciated.
:mrgreen:
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 13-Nov 17:14