Question for Dime members

Reply to topic

andysbassline ®

Longevity: 3 years 6 months

Post 17-Feb-2014 06:58

[Quote]

Finally got into dimeadozen, after weeks of trying. Does anyone have any tips for starting out there? I belong to Yeeshkul, Traders Den, and Lossless Legs, and I am doing pretty good keeping up my ratio, but I want to tread lightly as I've heard they are pretty strict on Dime. Should I hop on some torrents that will get my ration up even if I don't want them? Or do they give you some time to get that up to where it should be? Any other help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Mike
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Longevity: 11 years

Post 17-Feb-2014 08:45 (after 1 hour 47 minutes)

[Quote]

Never had any problem.
Thing with Dime is, if you download torrents that have been around a while, you'll find hardly anyone else will try to download off you as they already have it so your ratio will be low unless you upload something new or leave your pc seeding 24/7.
My ratio is less than 1 but I can still download.
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 17-Feb-2014 10:03 (after 1 hour 17 minutes)

[Quote]

DO NOT upload anything unless your absolutely positive it hasn't already been put up in its current state, i.e. same recorder, same lineage. Check the ban list before putting anything up (there's a ridiculously massive list of artists you are not allowed to upload to the site). Don't swear, don't shout, don't so much as look at the mods. They love banning people for the most stupid of reasons.
Other than that, its a pretty good site, enjoy ;)
[Profile] [PM]

fab eberhard

Longevity: 7 years 3 months

Post 17-Feb-2014 13:36 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

i have never really had any issues at dime but i do agree with Flea... don't sneeze. if you do don't reach for a tissue. it's a weird world. i have found some really fascinating and intense things there - always worth it. just do your homework... cheers
[Profile] [PM]

andysbassline ®

Post 17-Feb-2014 16:20 (after 2 hours 43 minutes)

[Quote]

Thanks guys.
[Profile] [PM]

andysbassline ®

Post 18-Feb-2014 15:55 (after 23 hours)

[Quote]

One more thing. I've been on a few days, and I'm finding it hard to get my upload number up. It says that I get a review of my ratio at 5G, which is coming up. I'm amost at 4G right now, and my ratio is currently about .25. Just wondering if it doesn't come up to close to 1.0, do they ban you straightaway, or give you time to bring it up? Thanks.
[Profile] [PM]

Enchanted

Longevity: 7 years 8 months

Post 18-Feb-2014 19:42 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

You won't get banned if you have a ratio, if it goes minus zero that's a different matter. If it stays low for a while you might get a warning. When I started with Dime, 8 years ago, I watched the torrents daily and when a big artist was newly listed, I downloaded the torrent and left it seeding as much as possible to get my ratio up. I now have a Network drive so can seed 24/7 which makes a difference. I have downloaded a lot from Dime over the years so make a donation every Christmas, not much, but it puts you in better standing. Also if you have anything you can put up that of course will help your ratio, but check and double check before you put anything up, they will want statistics and you can't list anything that has been officially released or by certain artists (list on Dime). If you make an errors when listing, Mods will help you if asked, but beware they need a course on good manners and can be quite harsh.
Hope this helps
[Profile] [PM]

andysbassline ®

Post 19-Feb-2014 03:33 (after 7 hours)

[Quote]

Tks Enchanted. It's up to .75, so I should be good. It's just that there are a lot of things I want to get, but I guess I will have to be patient.
[Profile] [PM]

Enchanted

Longevity: 7 years 8 months

Post 19-Feb-2014 09:34 (after 6 hours)

[Quote]

You're doing OK Andy, I've seen much lower ratios. It's hard to be patient when you first join as you see so many things you want, however if you dl something that's been on the servers a while it will damage your ratio.
Good luck
[Profile] [PM]

smorrissey

Post 20-Apr-2014 03:11 (after 2 months)

[Quote]

DO NOT upload anything unless your absolutely positive it hasn't already been put up in its current state, i.e. same recorder, same lineage. Check the ban list before putting anything up (there's a ridiculously massive list of artists you are not allowed to upload to the site). Don't swear, don't shout, don't so much as look at the mods. They love banning people for the most stupid of reasons.
Other than that, its a pretty good site, enjoy ;)
LOL this ^
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 23-Aug 06:11