Lost
Boxers
I Can Have Both
Is It Really So Strange?
The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils
Speedway
/Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
Source: very good aud
Confirmed as non-MP3 derived, by Tau Analyzer 1.2.
I got this in trade. It's a good show, Morrissey was in high spirits. I love the Oye Esteban setlists. Enjoy!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Passionsjustlikemine.com:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The second Sao Paolo date was as energetic and as much a success as the first. The setlist however was resequenced for fans seeing both concerts. "I Can Have Both" was performed for the first time on this leg. The energetic "The Boy Racer" which was performed sporadically on this leg, was moved up as the intro song, setting the tone for the evening. After the song, he greeted his fans "Welcome to part two of our life!". "Alma Matters" must have been a big hit in South America. As in other cities, there was a big crowd sing along to it.
At the beginning of the following two songs, Morrissey acknowledged fanzine editor Julia Riley and web editor Angela, calling out their names. Before "Ouija Board, Ouija Board", he thanked the numerous fans who had made signs "Thank you for your very nice messages... I'll take them back to West Ham". He then answered someone in the crowd "Yes, of course I remember you... do you remember me?". After "A Swallow On My Neck" he chatted with Julia Riley again: "Julia, I'm very curious... have you considered writing a b-o-o-k? A b-o-o-k? On your travels? No? I am silly!". In "Billy Budd" some lines were changed with comments aimed at fans trying to get on stage. As he did elsewhere he would tell them to "swim", or tell them "I'll save you".
After "I Am Hated For Loving" he asked his fans "Stop screaming!". Funnily, the previous night after the very same song he had asked them the opposite, "Scream!". Morrissey again used "The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get" to vent against "stupid British judges", adding many of the usual bitter lyrical changes, or variations of, like "The more you ignore me the closer I get, oh my god you're wasting your time" or "When you sleep, I will creep into your bed like bad song that you can't stand / Oh, make it easy and give in / Somebody let me in". After the song, as fans were handing him their letters, he asked "More, more letters... thank you... gracias... I mean obrigado... I mean gracias... I mean obrigado!". "Lost" was introduced with "This next song is called 'Perdito'. No? Perdito? Perdito? Perdito? No? What? Is it not Perdito? Perdito?". After the song he returned to the subject "So that song, that song was not called 'Perdito'... does perdito not mean lost? No? Does anybody care? Noooooo".
Then as his band members were rearranging on stage, Spike moving forward for the acoustic version of "Boxers", Morrissey counted them "1, 2, 3, 4". One fan made it on stage during this song, like many others throughout this concert. What made this one stand out of the others, even others from other concerts, was that she was blind. She arrived to the stage unnoticed by Morrissey who was at the other end. The security had taken her cane but left her there so that she could get her chance with Morrissey. Fans started shouting his name to draw his attention. When he noticed her presence he approached her with a puzzled look as she was looking at nothing in particular, moving her head from one side to the other. Then when he realised she was blind, he went to her with a look of surprise and concern, took her hand and pulled her up. He sang one verse to her as she lay there hugging his legs and crying. Many fans in the audience were moved to tears.
Because he had sung "Losing in front of your home crowd, town, crowd" at the beginning of the song, after it he said "I got the words wrong in that song but nobody noticed... nobody cares... Boz? What day is it Boz? (Boz: "Tuesday") it's Tuesday... Boz knows it's Tuesday... yes! Incredible... incredible stuff". During "I Can Have Both" he said something again to a fan who had made it on stage: "That's all I do... bye... that's all I can do!". After "The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils", Morrissey said "This is your last chance to be sexy... I'm speaking to myself (...) What do you mean, boo? Boo?". Morrissey pulled his sailor suit out for the encore song.
[Profile] [PM]

fki

Longevity: 11 years

Post 08-Sep-2006 16:10 (after 1 hour 34 minutes)

[Quote]

Thank you.
[Profile] [PM]

clarkondrums

Post 09-Sep-2006 14:32 (after 22 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks for sharing - I totally regret missing this tour!
Clark
[Profile] [PM]

catalina ®

Post 09-Sep-2006 17:59 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

Glad to share; there will be more in the near future.
[Profile] [PM]

whitecolours

Post 12-Dec-2006 06:06 (after 3 months 2 days)

[Quote]

Very late comment I know but just wanted to say thanks and ask a quick question.
Obviously the show is amazing and as I am only just discovering various past eras I was surprised to hear Moz this chatty. Fantastic though.
I'm just wondering about a few errors:
-There are a couple small gaps in Hairdresser on Fire and Last Night I Dreamt respectively.
-There appears to be some flutter(?) on Teachers are Afraid...which could be a remnant from your CD?
Either way thanks - just thought I should mention incase you hadn't noticed :-)!
Keep up the amazing work.
[Profile] [PM]

shearer9uk

Post 14-Jan-2007 18:34 (after 1 month 2 days)

[Quote]

Many thanks.
Happy New Year
[Profile] [PM]

StrangeFear

Longevity: 10 years

Post 18-Jan-2007 06:43 (after 3 days)

[Quote]

First post...
From my hometown, sao paulo, Thanks so much for this. :)
[Profile] [PM]

Smelly French Boy

Longevity: 10 years

Post 07-Jul-2007 08:12 (after 5 months 20 days)

[Quote]

Thanks
[Profile] [PM]

anovella

Post 18-Jul-2007 13:12 (after 11 days)

[Quote]

Muchas Gracias
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 20-Sep 07:22