His notes:
====================================================
Johnny Marr
The Boulevard Pool
The Cosmopolitan Hotel - Las Vegas, NV
April 11, 2013
"Whirlwind"
EX
***CONTRAST CLAUSE: This is a different recording made with different equipment than aluche99's fine recording which can be found here...
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=448772
Lineage / Equipment:
20' from rail / dead center / fob -> 6.5' h -> slavesound omni's -> custom bb - no bass roll-off ->
edirol r09 (48/24) -> sandisk 16gb class 4 sd -> reader -> audition 3.0 - slight level boost (no normalization)
(+2.5dB l / +0dB r) (de-clap process) -> har-bal 2.3 slight eq (bass attenuate, treble boost) -> audition 3.0 -
dither to 16/44.1 -> cd wave editor (track split) -> tlh (flac 8, etc...) -> DIME -> you -> sense of enjoyment ->
sharing is caring -> support the artist (yes) -XX convert to mp3 (no!!!).
K.I.L.L. = Keep It LossLess. Convert to mp3 or shortwave radio for personal use only.
Please do no sell or attempt to profit from this recording. I do ask that any reposts, links
or artwork credit me as the original taper.
Taper: mixter_
Setlist:
01. The Right Thing Right
02. Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
03. Upstarts
04. Sun & Moon
05. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
06. The Messenger
07. Lockdown
08. Generate! Generate!
09. New Town Velocity
10. I Fought the Law
11. Getting Away With It
12. How Soon Is Now?
55:45
All compostion by J. Marr except...
02, 05, 13 by J. Marr / S. Morrissey
10 by S. Curtis
11 by J. Marr / B. Sumner / N. Tennant
The Band:
Johnny Marr - Vocals, Fender Johnny Marr signature Jaguar guitar both white and metallic orange models.
Uncredited - Guitar
Uncredited - Bass
Jack Mitchell - Drums
The Performance:
It wouldn't be fair to say that I have never had the opportunity to see Johnny Marr play live before now nor Morrissey or The Smiths for that matter. I have just never taken the opportunity. Needless to say I was transfixed by Johnny's performance. He made every note he played on his Fender Jaguar seem effortless. He ripped through a set of no less than seven songs from solo debut "The Messenger", an Electronic track, The Cricket's "I Fought The Law" and three Smiths' classics. Did I mention that when I heard the first three notes of "Stop Me..." that a lightning bolt shot up my spine? Holy crap!!! Johnny's new band appeared tight and well rehearsed. Johnny was very affable to the Veg-ass crowd and was not put off about the smells of BBQ'd meats
wafting into the venue area.
The Recording:
I was concerned by the hundreds of people waiting in line with drinks in hand that I was in for a trainwreck. The venue's floor map looked a broken boomerang and I was deep in the line as several hundred people opted for "priority" early entry. Still, I remained optimistic as my partner and I entered the venue. We made a beeline for front and center. To my surprise the majority of those ahead of us made a hasty trip to the bar off to the side as they were forced to discard their drinks prior to entering the venue. These people for the most part wound up behind us. Most of the clapping, hootin' and hollerin' is thankfully between songs and no chatter in our vicinity.
Overall the recording is nicely balanced with vocals and Johnny's guitar clear and at the fore. There are minor occurrences of phasing caused by the venues monitors. The audience sing-a-long during "There's A Light.." is tastefully subdued. Minor clapping (attenuated) during "How Soon Is Now?" Really, folks? Why that song? Oh yeah, it's the one everyone knows.
Note:
Bernard elected not to perform lead vocals on "Getting Away With It" for reasons perhaps only beknownst to him.
Still Johnny does admirably. Neil's chorus was pre-recorded as he could not be seen from this side of the Atlantic.
Please support the artist by buying his latest release "The Messenger" or one of his cool new T's including "Johnny
Fuckin' Marr" prominently worn throughout the tour by the man himself...
http://www.johnny-marr.com/messengeralbum
https://www.facebook.com/officialjohnnymarr
Shameless Self Promotion:
Please vote for my photo of Johnny from the event if you like it...
http://superglued.com/johnnymarr/photo/1070684
[Profile] [PM]

crazycol

Longevity: 7 years 10 months

Post 04-May-2013 16:03 (after 22 hours)

[Quote]

Many thanks for posting this.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 11-Dec 11:01