Morrissey rejigs 'Kill Uncle' album, releases new songs as B-sides

Reply to topic

ravenslament. ®

Longevity: 8 years 5 months

Post 05-Feb-2013 16:25

[Quote]

he's at it again :
Morrissey rejigs 'Kill Uncle' album, releases new songs as B-sides
Morrissey has announced the release of a reworked version of his 1991 album Kill Uncle.
As with last year's reissue of 1988 debut Viva Hate and previous revamps of Southpaw Grammar and Maladjusted in recent years, the album will feature a new tracklisting and cover art.
The reworked tracklisting replaces 'There's a Place in Hell for Me and My Friends' with a "live in the studio" version, and adds 'Pashernate Love' and Herman's Hermits cover 'East West'.
'Pashernate Love' previously featured as a B-side on 1992's Your Arsenal single 'You're the One for Me, Fatty'. 'East West' was a bonus track on 1989 non-album single 'Ouija Board, Ouija Board'.
The rejigged Kill Uncle is released on April 8, 2013, with brand-new artwork to be confirmed shortly. It has been remastered by Bill Inglot at D2 Mastering and will be available on vinyl and CD.
The new Kill Uncle tracklisting is as follows:
1. 'Our Frank'
2. 'Sing Your Life'
3. 'Mute Witness'
4. 'King Leer'
5. 'Asian Rut'
6. 'Pashernate Love'
7. 'East West '
8. 'Found Found Found'
9. 'Driving Your Girlfriend Home'
10. 'The Harsh Truth of the Camera Eye'
11. 'There's a Place in Hell for Me and My Friends (live in the studio version)'
12. '(I'm) the End of the Family Line'
Meanwhile, Parlophone Records has announced the release of a limited-edition 7" picture disc, CD and digital download of Morrissey's 1989 single 'The Last of the Famous International Playboys' on the same day.
The track features the singer's former Smiths bandmates Andy Rourke, Mike Joyce and live guitarist Craig Gannon.
The three formats are backed with new songs 'People Are the Same Everywhere (BBC live version)' on the 7", 'Action Is My Middle Name (BBC live version)' on the CD and 'The Kid's a Looker (BBC live version)' on the digital download.
All tracks were recorded exclusively for The Janice Long Show on Radio 2, on June 15, 2011.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a456417/morrissey-rejigs-kill-uncle-album-releases-new-songs-as-b-sides.html
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Longevity: 11 years

Post 05-Feb-2013 18:08 (after 1 hour 42 minutes)

[Quote]

Think I'll stick with the one on here!!!
[Profile] [PM]

wiltteri

Post 07-Feb-2013 06:40 (after 1 day 12 hours)

[Quote]

moz said in the recent interview that he wants to hide kill uncle from his back catalogue and now it comes again, probably moz has nothing to do with the idea of re-release.
Kill uncle would wake alive if they would do live- kill uncle cd, from the material of kroq, dallas & hammersmith odeon.
[Profile] [PM]

monsterH

Post 10-Apr-2013 21:16 (after 2 months 3 days)

[Quote]

Interesting story this week on the "Kill Uncle" reissue -
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/culture/2013/...cord-theory.html
[Profile] [PM]

oirishsteve

Longevity: 5 years 7 months

Post 03-Sep-2013 07:47 (after 4 months 22 days)

[Quote]

There have probably been lots already written about Kill Uncle, here's my penneth. Kill Uncle got me through a really bad patch in my life. Maybe it was in tune with my state of mind at the time. Could be it's simplicity, I couldnt hack anything complex or anything that smacked of immediate adulation or success. I was going through a messy divorce at the time (The first of two with same woman I have learned my lesson). I seemed to identify with it's outsideriness. I knew it was hated and thats the way I felt. I was determined to like it cos everyone else hated it (ME). I grew to love it. Its true that it was my soundtrack for that era, along with Rank, 'I can hear the soil falling over.....' that's another story involving nutty girlfriend seeking revenge where it wasn't due...there's a pattern here. I had that track and Kill Uncle on endlessly. Now as I reminisce I ask myself how would I feel listening to it again? Painful? Or a reminder that you dont learn by your mistakes and life doesnt get better! Ha!
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 17-Oct 11:22