Reply to topic

catalina ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 27-Aug-2006 18:01

[Quote]

The Point Depot; Dublin 20th December 2004
Length : 60.21 / 37.03
Sampling Rate : 44.1Khz
Rig : Sony MZ-G755 > AT831B > Sound Forge 6.0 > 2CD-R Master > FLAC Frontend @ 6 > FLAC
01. Intro
02. How Soon Is Now?
03. First Of The Gang To Die
04. November Spawned A Monster
05. Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice
06. Bigmouth Strikes Again
07. I Like You
08. Redondo Beach
09. Let Me Kiss You
10. Subway Train / Munich Air Disaster 1958
11. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
12. The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get
13. Friday Mourning
01. I Have Forgiven Jesus
02. The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
03. Shoplifters Of The World Unite
04. Irish Blood, English Heart
05. You Know I Couldn't Last
06. Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
07. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
This was the last show of his QUARRY tour. Not widely circulated by any stretch of the imagination....until now. I picked this up in trade a while back. Nice sounding show. Enjoy!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From passionsjustlikemine.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The setlist was the same as the past few dates, but the Dublin crowd was treated to a second encore, a repeat of "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out". The decision to play a second encore seemed to have been a spontaneous one. This was probably the best show of these final dates of the tour promoting "You Are The Quarry". The venue was big but not as impersonal as the ones played in the weeks before. Morrissey was in top form and the crowd very responsive. There were quite a few attempts by fans to make it on stage, and a few successful ones. Morrissey came on dressed into his priest outfit, and then changed successively into a few shirts. Most of these were sent into the crowd to be fought over.
Before the "Imperfect List" song that signalled Morrissey's imminent appearance on stage, his manager Jed Weitzman came out dressed as a leprechaun and dusted the instruments. He had done something similar some weeks before in Los Angeles where he mopped the floor dressed as a janitor on the first night and as a sailor boy on the second. And as previously, the meaning of it all - if meaning there was - escaped everyone.
As this was the final date of the year, and probably the final date of the whole tour, and because of the many hints and rumours of Morrissey retiring (whether from recording and/or touring), many fans expected an announcement in one way or other. But as before, nothing precise was said. Morrissey thanked the "irregular regulars" (the fans who followed him on tour) and asked them to "stay regular". He did refer to the "journeys end" more than once, but this could have been mostly about the end of the tour and not of his career.
One line of "Bigmouth Strikes Again" was adapted to the 21st Century when Morrissey sang "As the flames rose to her roman nose and her iPod started to melt". After "November Spawned A Monster", he said "Thank you Glasnevin" (Glasnevin is a Dublin neighbourhood). At some point he also said "Well, my friends, this... is the Point!"
"There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" was once again performed slower than usual, to the disappointment of many fans. It was even made worse by being played after "Munich Air Disaster", a slow number unfamiliar to many. However the audience went into a singalong to the outro chorus repeated over and over, which seemed to genuinely move Morrissey who stood back smiling, looking emotional and soaking it all in. He then turned around and asked "Please stop", but the object of this request might have been the audience just as much as his musicians. After the song he joked that he was under no illusions, next time they would play at Whelans, an infamous small Dublin pub.
Before "Shoplifters Of The World Unite", Morrissey spoke about animals suffering, particularly at this time of year, and mentioned how little time was left for the Christmas shoplifting. "Irish Blood English Heart" was very well received. When introducing the song he mentioned his being "10 parts Crumlin". Crumlin is the Dublin neighbourhood his parents left to emigrate to Manchester. Morrissey also chatted briefly with front row regular Julia Riley. He had to be shown exactly where she was when he addressed her, as he had a hard time locating her.
He seemed to be getting more emotional as the end came near. He said "I am not a person who is programmed for affection". From up close or on the big screens, he seemed to be holding back tears while singing the first encore, "Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me". After the encore many fans started leaving the venue, thinking the concert was over. But Morrissey and his musicians returned for a second helping of "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out".
[Profile] [PM]

fki

Post 28-Aug-2006 06:09 (after 12 hours)

[Quote]

It was shared on Dime months ago, here's the original description:
Morrissey - The Point Depot; Dublin 20th December 2004
Quality : Let me know by replying to the thread !!
Length : 60.21 / 37.03
Taper : Johnky
Webiste : www.live-recordings.net
Sampling Rate : 44.1Khz
Rig : Sony MZ-G755 > AT831B > Sound Forge 6.0 > 2CD-R Master > FLAC Frontend @ 6 > FLAC
01. Intro
02. How Soon Is Now?
03. First Of The Gang To Die
04. November Spawned A Monster
05. Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice
06. Bigmouth Strikes Again
07. I Like You
08. Redondo Beach
09. Let Me Kiss You
10. Subway Train / Munich Air Disaster 1958
11. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
12. The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get
13. Friday Mourning
01. I Have Forgiven Jesus
02. The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
03. Shoplifters Of The World Unite
04. Irish Blood, English Heart
05. You Know I Couldn't Last
06. Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
07. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
This was the last show of his QUARRY tour. Not widely circulated by any strtch of the imagination....until now. Seeing as he is back on the road again with his RINGLEADERS tour I thought I would remind you all just how good the MOZ-Father really is. :p
Will be taping his 3 irish dates on April 13, 15 and 16th. May try and film the Dublin dates but no promises !!
Enjoy,
Johnky
Anyway, thanks for seeding this here, Catalina.
[Profile] [PM]

catalina ®

Post 28-Aug-2006 19:51 (after 13 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks for pointing that out; now we'll be able to sleep soundly tonight. :wink:
[Profile] [PM]

fki

Post 29-Aug-2006 05:21 (after 9 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks for pointing that out; now we'll be able to sleep soundly tonight. :wink:
No problem, I'm glad to help. :wink:
Frankly, I just really can't understand why did your trader cut out the tapers name from the description. Johnky did a great job, so it's just not fair to edit out his nick. Respect the tapers.
[Profile] [PM]

monsterH

Post 30-Aug-2006 03:49 (after 22 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks for bringing this over from DIME. Cheers!
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 18-Aug 20:08