Madrid '85 gig Spanish TV Broadcast

Reply to topic

Tracey ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 23-Jul-2006 11:24

[Quote]

Someone over on Dimadozen.org has mentioned that there will be a digital rebroadcast on Spanish TV w/in the next month of the Madrid '85 show. :D
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 23-Jul-2006 18:51 (after 7 hours)

[Quote]

Anyone Spanish here?
[Profile] [PM]

batnaMMV

Post 23-Jul-2006 19:50 (after 58 minutes)

[Quote]

Don't worry, someone is preparing to seed this on DIME when it is broadcast; as this shows:
"And the incredible news is that in about a month from now will be shared here at DIME the complete concert of Paseo de Camoens, Madrid, 18 May 1985. Recorded and transfered digitally for first time".
I found that quote on another thread where a user has uploaded a "Digital Transfer" DVD of the Rockpalast 84 gig, although it is only 7 tracks. I haven't downloaded so don't know about the quality and how it relates to previous uploads of the same gig.
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=104429
[Profile] [PM]

clarkondrums

Post 24-Jul-2006 03:01 (after 7 hours)

[Quote]

I found that quote on another thread where a user has uploaded a "Digital Transfer" DVD of the Rockpalast 84 gig, although it is only 7 tracks. I haven't downloaded so don't know about the quality and how it relates to previous uploads of the same gig.
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=104429
Rest assured, this version, although incomplete, is definitely superior to what I currently had. The gig was recently rebroadcast and someone digitally captured it, so the quality is as good as it will ever get.
[Profile] [PM]

arkil

Post 20-Aug-2006 23:41 (after 27 days)

[Quote]

it has just been shared on DAD
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=108430
[Profile] [PM]

MacPhisto247

Post 21-Aug-2006 02:13 (after 2 hours 31 minute)

[Quote]

Is there anyone who could do a NTSC version? I know that's asking much, but I am just wondering....... (the spain gig)
[Profile] [PM]

Tracey ®

Post 21-Aug-2006 03:46 (after 1 hour 33 minutes)

[Quote]

...and the screen captures look fantastic. Can't wait to watch this one.
[Profile] [PM]

TheSound

Longevity: 10 years

Post 22-Aug-2006 19:20 (after 1 day 15 hours)

[Quote]

I have created a very nice authoring and artwork for this DVD, so I hope you will enjoy it.
And yes, the rockpalast gig is incomplete because it seems that this channel (EinsFestival) has made a lot of 30 minutes programs to fit their schedule, it´s a f**k thing but the quality is very good, I recorded it digitally also.
Cheers.
Kigonjiro
[Profile] [PM]

arkil

Post 23-Aug-2006 17:38 (after 22 hours)

[Quote]

won't ever be able to thank you enough for this one Kigonjiro !
as the d/l is coming to an end on Dime, and very soon the dvd will be complete.. i was wondering if there would be an interest for some of you if i'm seeding it here ?
as to transcode it in NTSC, not only it would take a lot of time (transcoding + re-authoring), but it would also mean loss of quality (which i would really don't want to be the originator ;))... MacPhisto247.. you might better want to invest in a new dvd player if the one you are using is not able to handle PAL dvds.. from what i've read there are some cheapo dvd player which handle both format available in th US.. but that is just my two cents ;):)
bye
arkil
[Profile] [PM]

lazarus

Post 24-Aug-2006 07:39 (after 14 hours)

[Quote]

Just finished DLing this.
Unbelievable quality. Best smiths live dvd by far.
What an upgrade from our old version.
A must have!
[Profile] [PM]

TheSound

Post 24-Aug-2006 09:58 (after 2 hours 18 minutes)

[Quote]

MacPhisto247.. you might better want to invest in a new dvd player if the one you are using is not able to handle PAL dvds.. from what i've read there are some cheapo dvd player which handle both format available in th US.. but that is just my two cents ;):)
Cheap, know brand, plays PAL & NTSC and can be unzoned only pressing 4 remote keys: Philips DVP 5900. The only drawback is that the digital out is coaxial.
I have unzoned all my DVD Players from 99, 2 of them paying a lot of money for the chips or the work. I recently changed to a new one and the same thing, for the high end players is hard or expensive to unzone it. This time I decided to buy a second cheap player and I´m very happy with the Philips that I use only with the Zone 1, 3 or 4 official releases, all the rest -including all the NTSC DVDs dowloaded in DIME can be played in my main player.
Here is Spain the Philips DVP 5900 cost about 99 euro, so in USA will be probably cheaper, 99 USD or less. Plays PAL and NTSC, it´s not the classical unknow brand cheapo machine for Wallmart, so you will have an alternative player for all the PAL DVDs that you can download. And think that there is a lot of PAL shows running (I have uploaded more than 50 DVDs this year in DIME) in the torrent trackers.
For me, right now the main DVD sources for live gigs are:
- Rockpalast, the widest and best tv live show collection in the world
Check this independent groups and show database: http://www.rockpalastarchiv.de/welcomee.html
or the rockpalast main page: http://www.rockpalast.de/
It´s not only old shows, this year we have recorded and shared a lot of festivals and gigs. Top class audio and video quality, anamorphic widescreen 16/9 broadcast.
- BBC, MTV and other UK channels: lots of broadcast in both 16/9 and 4/3 depending on the station. We have downloaded this year the complete spring season of Later... with Jools Holland, by example. The 8 shows with stuning quality, subtittles, 16/9, etc... festivals, secret gigs,...
- Taratata and other french programs. Unfortunately the Canal + or Digital + are not allowed in DIME because this is a subscription channel. We have it in Spain also but not with the same content, in Spain they aired time to time commercial released shows or self made unppluged shows by latin artist.
Also, the french channels MCM, Europe2tv, France4 will probably broadcast full length concert of Les Eurockéennes, Les Vieilles Charrues, La Route du Rock and Rock En Seine festivals.. probably from septembe
- TVE with the TVE 50 years channel rebroadcast of all shows, and TVE 2 with 4 nights per week (during the main season) broadcasting the "Los Conciertos de Radio 3", little 25-30 minutes shows recorded live in studio. I don´t have shared all of them because 65% are spanish groups but this is a great source for singers or groups that never will be aired in the commercial channels, by example this year I have recorded and shared these Radio 3 recordings: Yo La Tengo, Jackson Brown & David Lindley, Josh Rouse, Mika P. Hinson, Elliot Murphy, ... and lots more.
- TVVi. This is the international channel version of a regional channel from Valencia region. Here are broadcasted all the Benicassim Festival gigs (one each week) from all the groups that allow for it (not all of them give the rights to do this). This season, in the DVB-S international channel will start next week with Scissor Sisters.
- I have downloaded also some australian broadcast (also PAL).
So, if you can have all this in the torrent trackers for free, a PAL player is a fantastic investment for you.

Last edited by TheSound on 2006-08-24 21:01; edited 1 time in total
[Profile] [PM]

TheSound

Post 24-Aug-2006 10:03 (after 5 minutes)

[Quote]

I forget, to unzone the Philips 5900:
press open to open the try
In the remote press: 9,9,9,9, and then OK and 0
Close the try.
Unzoned.
Or:
press open to open the try
In the remote press: 9, 9, 9, 9, 0
Close the try.
Unzoned.
[Profile] [PM]

blameless

Post 25-Aug-2006 06:17 (after 20 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks for sharing the Madrid gig. Great to see this in such good quality. I can throw my old video copy away at last :D
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 26-Jul 16:35