The Smiths - 1986July20 - University Of Salford, Salford DVD [RP#9]

Go to page :  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

bclark93 ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 17-Jul-2006 13:42

[Quote]

Ok folks I've finished the 12-12-86 Brixton gig as well, but the audio source I have obtained has many DAE flaws, and I really don't want to circulate this DVD with these errors present.
so if anybody can help me out by ripping + uploading the bootleg "Somebody Waved Goodbye", I'll get that Brixton DVD fixed up & uploaded ASAP!
Thanks!
now onto the show....
The Smiths
20 July 1986
University Of Salford, Salford
Video: MPEG-2, 720x576 25 fps (4:3) PAL, 5980 kbps
Audio: PCM @ 48000 Hz Stereo, 1536 kbps ["Humdrum Town"]
Panic
Shakespeare's Sister
Frankly, Mr. Shankly
Vicar In A Tutu
Ask
I Want The One I Can't Have
Cemetry Gates
Never Had No One Ever
Is It Really So Strange?
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
What She Said (with Rubber Ring intro and outro)
The Queen Is Dead
/Money Changes Everything
/I Know It's Over
//Bigmouth Strikes Again
///(Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame/Rusholme Ruffians
///Hand In Glove
Notes:
This video was seeded by honorbak over @ smithstorrents.co.uk (Thanks Honorbak!!). The video is
very good, but the audio was an absolute nightmare. Thanks to Arikaware for the
audio source for the bootleg "Humdrum Town", I corrected the pitch of each individual song as best to replace
over the original audio source.
I hope you all enjoy!
B.Clark
July 2006
from http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/gigs/smiths-gi8607uk.htm
This gig which took place in the Smiths's hometown was listed by Q Magazine among the 100 best concerts ever. The band was in excellent form and the audience very enthusiastic and energetic. The cheers and chants between every song were deafening. The setlist was scrambled and started to look like the typical set of the "The Queen Is Dead" tour. "Stretch Out And Wait" was ditched and replaced with a returning "What She Said" now bookended by the intro and outro from "Rubber Ring". The Smiths also introduced the instrumental "Money Changes Everything" as the first encore, giving Morrissey the chance to rest a little longer than the others before returning to the stage. Since its live inception, newest single "Panic" had been played with a drum intro not on the studio version. However now that the song was moved as opener, the intro was extended even more than before. Referring to the previous night's concert, Morrissey said "Thank you, who needs G-Mex?... nobody..." before "Frankly Mr Shankly". The yet to be released "Ask" was introduced with "This is a new song... which nobody's heard... it's called... 'Ask'!" Pleased and surprised of the crowd's reaction, Morrissey said "Thank you... we're enjoying you immensely..." before "Cemetry Gates". He didn't sing the last few lines of that song. Instead he turned around, wiped his face and had a drink of water. The explanation for skipping those lines came right after when he said: "A little message... just a little message... If the person next to you spits... please kill them!".
Before "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore", he said "Don't be shy!" and after the song he asked "Everyone sitting comfortably?". As mentioned earlier, "What She Said" was played for the first time in between the intro and outro from "Rubber Ring". However this first performance featured a longer intro than subsequent ones. Before the final song of the main set, Morrissey started chanting with the crowd, but changed the words to "Stretford! Stretford!" while Mike banged the drums to the rhythm. As Morrissey removed his shirt and threw it into the audience, Mike's drum rhythm gradually became the drum intro to the following song, the fast-paced "The Queen Is Dead". As he sang the title line in the latter song, Morrissey pulled out a board saying THE QUEEN IS DEAD which he waved about for the rest of the song.
The Smiths returned without Morrissey for the first encore to perform the instrumental "Money Changes Everything". After the song Morrissey rejoined his bandmates on stage and chanted with the crowd "Stretford! Stretford! The night is young!" before launching into "I Know It's Over". The first stage climbers made it up to their idol during the second encore, "Bigmouth Strikes Again" which, on this occasion, was performed with an extended intro. Returning for the third encore, Morrissey threw into the audience the shirt he had just changed into, said "You missed the last bus?" and went into the "Rusholme Ruffians" medley. During the two songs of this final encore, about 20 or 30 fans climbed on stage but instead of throwing themselves to Morrissey's neck, they formed a wall behind which Morrissey was protected from others, but also half hidden for the rest of the audience. Meanwhile Johnny remained in view by climbing on the drum rise.
A fair audience recording of this concert is distributed under the title "Humdrum Town". MP3s have made it onto the usual file sharing networks.
An audience recording of the full concert is also circulated on bootleg DVDs. The quality is reasonable for audience footage from the 1980s, but the recording lacks the endings to "Never Had No One Ever" and "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out".
[Profile] [PM]

bclark93 ®

Post 17-Jul-2006 13:42 (after 32 seconds)

[Quote]

For those wanting to view a sample.
"The Queen Is Dead"...
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=downlo...8198F008750032F0
[Profile] [PM]

shelfcompact

Post 17-Jul-2006 16:01 (after 2 hours 18 minutes)

[Quote]

Oh wow! It looks, but most importantly, sounds great!
Thanks so much to you, and the original uploader.
I have a copy of "Somebody Waved Goodbye", though it's mp3. I got it long ago. I don't know if that's of any use.
I also don't know how to check to see if it has DAE flaws.
[Profile] [PM]

matti

Post 17-Jul-2006 18:33 (after 2 hours 31 minute)

[Quote]

Excellent post! The sample looks and sounds great. Many thanks!
[Profile] [PM]

clarkondrums

Post 17-Jul-2006 19:33 (after 1 hour)

[Quote]

Thank you so much bclark93! Your work is totally appreciated by this fan - syncing audio and video sources that were originally analog recordings can have you pulling out your hair in no time! You did a great job!
Cheers,
Clark
[Profile] [PM]

atilafarias

Post 18-Jul-2006 00:43 (after 5 hours)

[Quote]

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
[Profile] [PM]

honorbak

Post 18-Jul-2006 10:00 (after 9 hours)

[Quote]

great job bclark, very professional
wish i would knew how to do that audio syncing stuff
:)
now, about the other concert,
did u try to get the bootleg from the site that gives 50 free smiths bootlegs ? are those the audio files that have the falws ?
[Profile] [PM]

sheridanwhiteside

Post 18-Jul-2006 17:30 (after 7 hours)

[Quote]

respect is due!
thanks
[Profile] [PM]

lazarus

Post 19-Jul-2006 20:40 (after 1 day 3 hours)

[Quote]

Waheeeyy!
Unthinkable until you came ! Thanks !
[Profile] [PM]

iescossia

Post 21-Jul-2006 10:48 (after 1 day 14 hours)

[Quote]

Oh My God, this is great.
A "new' Smiths gig to see.
Really thanks indeed.
I will try to make an artwork for it soon.
Can i will be able to add as an Attachment here?
I hope so.
[Profile] [PM]

lost84

Post 21-Jul-2006 11:29 (after 40 minutes)

[Quote]

How do you open the .ISO file? it doesn't play in any player I have and I've got no idea what to do with it. Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance :)
Oh, and thanks for all your efforts bclark93, it's much appreciated!
[Profile] [PM]

MorningGlory123

Post 21-Jul-2006 15:25 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

.ISO are for burning i think, if you're not planning to burn it to DVD you can change its extension to .rar and you should be able to extract the videos..
[Profile] [PM]

Ivory88

Post 21-Jul-2006 15:33 (after 8 minutes)

[Quote]

How do you open the .ISO file? it doesn't play in any player I have and I've got no idea what to do with it. Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance :)
Oh, and thanks for all your efforts bclark93, it's much appreciated!
Ummm....DON'T re-name it a ".rar" file. That will do you no good.
Nero/Nero Express will burn .ISO files with no problem (choose "Disc Image or Saved Project"), as will many other program like DVD Decrypter.
Hope that helps.
[Profile] [PM]

lost84

Post 21-Jul-2006 16:21 (after 48 minutes)

[Quote]

Nero/Nero Express will burn .ISO files with no problem (choose "Disc Image or Saved Project"), as will many other program like DVD Decrypter.
Hope that helps.
It worked fine with DVD Decrypter, thank you
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 24-Jul-2006 19:52 (after 3 days)

[Quote]

Excellent work bclark :) Many thanks.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 23-Aug 19:44