How to download from this site

Go to page :   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

ownZero

Longevity: 11 years

Post 09-Nov-2007 16:03

[Quote]

Hello everybody I have decided that I want to connect using my MAC system. Anybody have and ideas what to use? I notice that Utorrent wont do it!
I also use a mac and recommend Azureus.
[Profile] [PM]

happy in the haze

Longevity: 8 years 6 months

Post 19-May-2009 07:25 (after 1 year 6 months)

[Quote]

OH god please help me :wink: i havent a clue what im doing !lol
would any kind soul be able to put some discs together for me ,of course ill pay for your time ,id be very grateful .I think i should stick to a typewriter
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 19-May-2009 08:45 (after 1 hour 19 minutes)

[Quote]

OH god please help me :wink: i havent a clue what im doing !lol
would any kind soul be able to put some discs together for me ,of course ill pay for your time ,id be very grateful .I think i should stick to a typewriter
Just download utorrent, install it, click the attachments in the threads and wait.....
[Profile] [PM]

sweetness522

Longevity: 10 years

Post 10-Jul-2009 14:32 (after 1 month 22 days)

[Quote]

I posted this in another thread, not sure if anyone saw it:
Just a question for anyone - must you stop seeding a torrent in order to burn it? Does stopping the seeding process produce a better quality DVD or does it not matter?
Thanks for any help!
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 10-Jul-2009 16:34 (after 2 hours 1 minute)

[Quote]

I posted this in another thread, not sure if anyone saw it:
Just a question for anyone - must you stop seeding a torrent in order to burn it? Does stopping the seeding process produce a better quality DVD or does it not matter?
Thanks for any help!
I usually stop seeding a torrent to burn it but it *shouldn't matter*.
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 10-Jul-2009 18:38 (after 2 hours 4 minutes)

[Quote]

must you stop seeding a torrent in order to burn it? Does stopping the seeding process produce a better quality DVD or does it not matter?
It would depend on the CPU (chip) and the amount of RAM and the software used to burn.
An old (slow) chip and a shortage of RAM could cause issues with the information flow to the software but the software should have a cache (buffer) which should (but occasionally doesn't) control this information flow. If you have a slow chip and low RAM and you burn something whilst using another programme, i.e. seeding a torrent, you could end up with a useless disc or worse yet a flawed disc.
[Profile] [PM]

Borrowedtune

Longevity: 6 years 5 months

Post 26-Jun-2011 14:51 (after 1 year 11 months)

[Quote]

Hi
Just joined the forum. I just wanted to ask if there is a minimum ratio rule on here ? I am used to Dime where it's a minimum of 0.25 every 5MB downloaded. Is there anything similar on here ? Thought I'd better ask before I make any big mistakes
Cheers
Steve
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA ®

Post 26-Jun-2011 16:02 (after 1 hour 10 minutes)

[Quote]

I don't police ratios but I think there's something in the software I use that starts giving you a hard time if you get very low.
[Profile] [PM]

Borrowedtune

Longevity: 6 years 5 months

Post 26-Jun-2011 17:17 (after 1 hour 15 minutes)

[Quote]

Thanks David.
I aim to be a good citizen. It's tempting to go a little crazy a first, with so much being on offer, but I'll hold myself back.
I live in a rural area so my upload speeds are slow, but I try to make up for that by seeding for a long time
Cheers
Steve
[Profile] [PM]

smorrissey

Post 28-Jun-2011 20:02 (after 2 days 2 hours)

[Quote]

Hello everybody I have decided that I want to connect using my MAC system. Anybody have and ideas what to use? I notice that Utorrent wont do it!
http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/mac
Then you need to open a port in your router, if you can't do it call your ISP, some of them block ports.
[Profile] [PM]

desperate_one

Longevity: 8 years 1 month

Post 28-Jun-2011 21:08 (after 1 hour 5 minutes)

[Quote]

Thanks David.
I aim to be a good citizen. It's tempting to go a little crazy a first, with so much being on offer, but I'll hold myself back.
I live in a rural area so my upload speeds are slow, but I try to make up for that by seeding for a long time
Cheers
Steve
Almost any "newbie" promised to seed until the end of the internet... :mrgreen:
By the way:
Is there a possibility to donate data to users with a bad upload speed?
Indeed i will download lot more,when i (someday) have sorted all shows i have,but a ratio higher than 5 or so makes no sence.
(because i will seed until the end of the internet,too. :wink: )
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA ®

Post 28-Jun-2011 22:56 (after 1 hour 48 minutes)

[Quote]

Thanks David.
Cheers
Steve
Is there a possibility to donate data to users with a bad upload speed?
Nothing as clever as that. You could buy one of these drives. If you sent it to me I'd happily copy all the gigs here to it to help with seeding. You wouldn't have to do any renaming.
[Profile] [PM]

desperate_one

Longevity: 8 years 1 month

Post 29-Jun-2011 03:57 (after 5 hours)

[Quote]

That's a clever idea,too.
I meant,if it's possible to share some "ratio" like on crosstowntorrents for example.
I give someone 20gb from my "Total uploaded",so if he will download 20 gb,he has an ratio 1.0
and not 0,....
Live could be hard if you're not a native english speaker. :wink:
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA ®

Post 29-Jun-2011 19:05 (after 15 hours)

[Quote]

I knew what you meant, but I don't think this tracker has that feature.
My German is worse than your English, BTW.
[Profile] [PM]

shawnxvx

Longevity: 5 years 9 months

Post 31-May-2012 21:38 (after 11 months 2 days)

[Quote]

i tried using this site before and downloaded some videos and then had computer problems. the problems are taken care of and i am trying to use the site again.
i have a mac that is running OS X 10.4.11. being its an older OS i dont believe i can run utorrent. i am currently using 'vuse', although it is a hard to understand program since i dont know much about torrents.
any suggestions for programs to use or is vuse a good one? also, do i need to change anything on the defaults of it so i can download AND share torrents?
much thanks,
shawn
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 15-Dec 08:10