Action Is My Middle Name
Satellite Of Love
Meat Is Murder
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Irish Blood, English Heart
This Charming Man
Source:
BBC Four
=================================================================================================================
Note:
This DVD Menu also contains Biffy Clyro. I'm sorry but I have no time to edit the Menu of the DVD,
I've only deleted "VOB files" of the presentation of Biffy Clyro

All credit for QuinnBroke from TTD tracker.

***NO HEAT AND RUN***
*** Do not buy or sell ***
*** Do not share in xvid or any other lossy format ***
*** Support the artists you like, buy their official stuff & go to the gigs. ***

Last edited by anovella on 2011-07-14 17:02; edited 1 time in total
[Profile] [PM]

pjlm

Longevity: 11 years

Post 14-Jul-2011 13:31 (after 2 hours 47 minutes)

[Quote]

What does this DVD have over the one that was already put up here?
[Profile] [PM]

anovella ®

Post 14-Jul-2011 15:01 (after 1 hour 30 minutes)

[Quote]

What does this DVD have over the one that was already put up here?
I think according to my limited experience in capture with This DVD capture is the best source avaliable compared with the other DVD that comes from iPlayer, this capture is a digital capture and not have a re-encode parts and is the same show with a diferent size
Glastonbury 2011 - iPlayer PAL DVD : 3.78 GB - http://smithstorrents.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3240
Glastonbury 2011- DVB-S Capture DVD PAL : 1.97 GB this torrent.
I hope I was clear .... sorry for my English is not so good.
[Profile] [PM]

zivilars

Post 14-Jul-2011 15:59 (after 58 minutes)

[Quote]

Thanks a lot for this!!!
[Profile] [PM]

Demian

Post 15-Jul-2011 23:59 (after 1 day 7 hours)

[Quote]

Thank you very much, anovella :)
I was hoping for a "proper" capture like this because I'm not very happy about the youtube stuff.
There is usually no control over "generation" and re-encoding of it.
The intention of this forum was to have lossless concerts (as far as I always understood it).
In the past months I noticed that some of the new torrents did not meet that criteria anymore (in my opinion), which leads me to the question if the forum is now open for any MP3/lossy stuff?
Of course, "video" has to be evaluated in a slightly different way (as always lossy) but is it okay to post "everything" now? (that is anyway available for anybody on youtube or somewhere else)
What we have now is, 3 or 4 (or more) torrents of the same concert with exactly(?) the same content, taken from youtubes, iplayers etc.
I'm afraid that, if picking (in a fast way) everything from sources like this, we will have soon dozen of variations and torrents of the same concert.
(Re-issue! Re-package! Re-package!)
I don't want to offend anyone here, it's more a general question (which would have been probably better posted in the general chat forum).
With kind regards,
Demian

[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 16-Jul-2011 00:00 (after 1 minute)

[Quote]

I'd like to keep this site with just the best quality of each source and retire those that are outdated. I don't keep much of an eye on the Morrissey recordings so let me know if there are things you think I should retire.
[Profile] [PM]

Demian

Post 16-Jul-2011 02:55 (after 2 hours 54 minutes)

[Quote]

Difficult to say, David.
I still see this forum as kind of unique, for the content (lossless) and also the (rare) videos, in general, the stuff hard to find somewhere else and the aspect of "quality beats quantity".
As said before, in my opinion, increasingly "ordinary" (especially video) stuff is posted, which is, of course, nice to have, but could be found also anywhere else and was there posted even before. So, smithstorrents becomes "just" a simple copy or collection of all these items. There are already other sites (like Morrissey-Solo, Illness as Art) who link (the better way) and offer mp3-files and videos.
Why do here the same (now!) and even "sell" us youtube clips as (smithstorrents-)"releases"?
Youtube clips are smaller, so why make DVDs (4 GB) from them, the video-quality is just the same (in the best case!) or even worse, make FLACs of them and let us download them (as huge files).
FLAC intends to be lossless! Isn't it a bit pervert to encode lossy MP3/MP2/AVI/FLV into them? ;)
FLACs should be FLAC. For lossy sources we should "name" (extract/demux) them to other extensions (or leave them as they already are), e.g. MP2, MP3, AAC.
There are some people here, doing serious work, analyzing their FLACs before posting, putting graphical analysis for making sure they are really lossless (sourced). On the other hand, we allow here "faked" FLACs of obvious lossy sources. That's neither fair nor respectable.
I think it's fine and nice to extract audio from videos, but it should not be allowed to call them FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec). In my opinion, it's very irritating, also outside the world of smithstorrents (and "our" files will find their way in the wild ;)). So, we (the community of smithstorrents) not only accept those fakes, we even produce and spread them around! :oops: :evil:
Maybe there could/should be a subforum for lossy stuff, if people really wish to have another forum where they can up-/download these lossy audio files (but there are already quite some other download locations, specialized on Smiths/Morrissey).
Same for videos. I understand the wish to watch the shows earliest possible. Well, it's already possible (on youtube etc.), why have it here too?
And if so, maybe the same suggestion as for lossy gigs, a subforum - with an expiry date for those AVI/FLV-clip torrents!
I am also aware, there might be some e.g. YouTube clips in higher quality than videos we have here from VHS/DVD, which makes it maybe more complicate.
But why not have polls from time to time and let the people choose which videos should make it into the solid section... (side effect: a spirited forum ;))
That's it for now and my thoughts.

[Profile] [PM]

modrevolve

Longevity: 9 years

Post 16-Jul-2011 03:07 (after 12 minutes)

[Quote]

I won't be offended if my torrent with the youtube clips is removed..I only posted it to share with you guys cause the tv version wasn't at the timeposted.
[Profile] [PM]

anovella ®

Post 16-Jul-2011 09:51 (after 6 hours)

[Quote]

Thank you very much, anovella :)
I was hoping for a "proper" capture like this because I'm not very happy about the youtube stuff.
There is usually no control over "generation" and re-encoding of it.
The intention of this forum was to have lossless concerts (as far as I always understood it).
In the past months I noticed that some of the new torrents did not meet that criteria anymore (in my opinion), which leads me to the question if the forum is now open for any MP3/lossy stuff?
Of course, "video" has to be evaluated in a slightly different way (as always lossy) but is it okay to post "everything" now? (that is anyway available for anybody on youtube or somewhere else)
What we have now is, 3 or 4 (or more) torrents of the same concert with exactly(?) the same content, taken from youtubes, iplayers etc.
I'm afraid that, if picking (in a fast way) everything from sources like this, we will have soon dozen of variations and torrents of the same concert.
(Re-issue! Re-package! Re-package!)
I don't want to offend anyone here, it's more a general question (which would have been probably better posted in the general chat forum).
With kind regards,
Demian

in my humble opinion this DVD should be the final version of Morrissey - Glastonbury 2011, but if there appeared another DVD with higher bit rate would be excellent, I also am not happy with the other low-quality DVD circulating here (but now we have this, others must be discarded in due course by the right people.), but we were lucky that it has been captured by QuinnBroke.
A big hello to all the community SmithsTorrents!! and enjoy this DVD!
And Don't forget here we can find a large collection of audio and video that can not be found anywhere else and with excellent quality.
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 16-Jul-2011 10:07 (after 15 minutes)

[Quote]

Demian, thanks for your post. Food for thought. I don't really keep an eye on the Morrissey section on the site, which I think is where the majority of this happens, although I myself was guilty of getting carried away with the Glastonbury gig and making a DVD from a smaller filesized source.
I wish there was an easy way of doing a MP3 check on a lot of folders in batch. Do you know of one?
Also, I'd be very appreciative if you could point out any seeds that fall foul of the 'best source lossless' policy either here or via PM. There will always be exceptions, e.g. the DSAT Oxford and Kilburn BBC gigs which sound better than anything else out there and I'm happy to have here although are technically lossy. I'd just like them to be labelled carefully.
And as to your point about a sub-forum of lossy, I don't think it's a route I want to go down. Plenty of other places to find those as you say.
[Profile] [PM]

Demian

Post 16-Jul-2011 11:03 (after 56 minutes)

[Quote]

I wish there was an easy way of doing a MP3 check on a lot of folders in batch. Do you know of one?
For Windows-based systems, there is a freeware program called "Audiochecker 2.0 beta 457".
It's kind of a graphical frontend for "auCDtect.exe" and can analyze whole folders including subfolders and write logfile(s). Unfortunately the detect mode for auCDtect is hard coded and set to the highest accuracy (-m0), which makes the process very slow, especially when checking thousands of files. But if you can handle a hex editor, it's quite easy to change that behaviour to -m8 (that is auCDtect's default setting), I did with mine, but kept also the "-m0 version".
The program verifies also some FLACs from DVD as CDDA-sourced, which is auCDtect's fault (and not of Audiochecker), but it's the only program I know (and in common used for that kind of verification).
Description: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/audiochecker-check-origins-music-files/
Download: http://www.freewarefiles.com/downloads_counter.php?programid=21299
And as to your point about a sub-forum of lossy, I don't think it's a route I want to go down. Plenty of other places to find those as you say.
I agree with you. There are enough other sites for lossy downloads and I see no sense in compete with them. Every site their eligibility.

Last edited by Demian on 2011-07-16 11:18; edited 1 time in total
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 16-Jul-2011 11:08 (after 5 minutes)

[Quote]

Cool. I didn't know that existed. I have all the torrents in the Smiths section but none in the Morrissey section. Could you run the program on the Morrissey section?
I guess the video needs a moderator's eye rather than an automated process.
[Profile] [PM]

Demian

Post 16-Jul-2011 11:29 (after 20 minutes)

[Quote]

Yes, I will do that and already do it (with setting -m0), but it will take a while (at the moment it says 15 hours left ;))
My torrents are sorted and named by date, for this I will check them all (it's easier for me).

[Profile] [PM]

Demian

Post 16-Jul-2011 11:39 (after 10 minutes)

[Quote]

I guess the video needs a moderator's eye rather than an automated process.
Yes, I think so and it will be a lot more complicate. Maybe we can establish a kind of ranking for the sources (not to forget, if the transmission/transfer/gig is complete or not).
[Profile] [PM]

balk

Longevity: 8 years 7 months

Post 16-Jul-2011 22:07 (after 10 hours)

[Quote]

I downloaded all versions and this is definitely the one to have, picture quality wise that is. The mpeg soundtrack is a little weak for my liking.
I have the Iplayer version aswell which somehow has a very clear and full sounding DD 2.0 soundtrack but the picture is of a lesser quality than this one.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 20-Oct 15:52