1986-10-30 Manchester Free Trade Hall (Big Bopper Master)

Reply to topic

DavidA ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 11-Jul-2011 00:40

[Quote]

Kindly added by Tock.
http://tonkroachmentyarbles.blogspot.com/2011/07/sm...-trade-hall.html
Also available is Soundsville Steve master and a version from another Steve.
The Smiths
30th of October 1986
Free Trade Hall
Manchester
UK
Master recording,taped using a Panasonic RQJ6 with built in stereo mics>transferred to pc>cool edit>normalised>tracksplit with CD Wave.
Recorded by the Big Bopper and transferred by me.
Tracks :
Ask
The Queen Is Dead
Panic
How Soon Is Now?
Vicar In A Tutu
(Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame/Rusholme Ruffians
Frankly, Mr. Shankly
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
(Back To The Old House intro) There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Cemetry Gates
Is It Really So Strange?
What She Said (with Rubber Ring intro and outro)
That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
London
Meat Is Murder
Still Ill
/The Draize Train
/I Know It's Over
//Bigmouth Strikes Again
Tock
clenk10@hotmail.com
********Check out our other Dime uploads and keep them seeded*********
Also see the invaluable: http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/live/smiths-g861030.htm
"There were quite a few changes in the setlist. "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore" had only been played on this leg of the tour on the very first date and was reinstated here in Manchester. However "I Want The One I Can't Have", "Never Had No One Ever" and the recent addition "Shakespeare's Sister" were not played. The setlist was also significantly scrambled. Newest single "Ask" was moved all the way up to the top of the bill.
This was to be the last concert with Craig Gannon as Smiths #5. Because of the recent events at the Preston gig and other near-accidents earlier on the tour, security was increased. The Smiths were very well received. Held at Morrissey's feet was a small banner saying "Welcome Home". Morrissey acknowledged this by stating before "How Soon Is Now?": "Thank you, it's nice to be back you know..."
"The Boy With The Thorn In His Side" was prece by Morrissey with the words "Thank you, you're very generous, 'The Boy With The Thorn In His Side'..." Before "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" Johnny teased the audience by picking the first notes to "Back To The Old House". Shortly down the set, before "What She Said", it was Mike's turn to tease the audience, he did it by playing the drum intro to "Reel Around The Fountain".
"Is It Really So Strange?" was introduced by Morrissey as "... practically new" while the yet unreleased and unfamiliar "London" was introduced with the simple "This song is called 'London'..." Shortly after "Meat Is Murder" was preceded by "This is our Christmas message to the world..." Johnny picked the first notes of the Doors' "The End" right before launching into the song. In "Still Ill" Morrissey growled "Am I still ill... oh yes! Oh noooo!" ".
[Profile] [PM]

georgethetwentythird

Longevity: 6 years 6 months

Post 12-Jul-2011 21:26 (after 1 day 20 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks a lot :)
Tim
[Profile] [PM]

monsterH

Longevity: 11 years

Post 15-Jul-2011 03:29 (after 2 days 6 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks!
[Profile] [PM]

DAVIE

Longevity: 8 years 4 months

Post 07-May-2013 10:46 (after 1 year 9 months)

[Quote]

Is "Ask" in particular in a lot better quality in this version or in Soundsville's (Paul's) version? Any help would be grateful folks because I'd love an improvement audio on this gig. Thanks guys :)
[Profile] [PM]

Burtcobain

Longevity: 4 years 8 months

Post 18-Nov-2013 14:11 (after 6 months 11 days)

[Quote]

thank you kindly for this one . .
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 20-Nov 07:44