The Hand That Rocks The Cradle
Handsome Devil
Wonderful Woman
Hand In Glove
What Difference Does It Make
Jeane
I Don't Owe You Anything
Suffer Little Children
Inspired by Paul and the fact that I had some new software I wanted to try out, I thought I'd finally get round to transferring this tape, which I've been asked to do a number of times.
Picked it up in the early 90s, and at the time had versions I'd not heard before.
However I'm not really up on all the different versions available now, so I'll leave that to the experts. I doubt there is anything new here.
Seems reasonable quality though, so may be worth while to someone
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Longevity: 11 years

Post 24-Apr-2011 13:26 (after 16 minutes)

[Quote]

Interesting, thanks.
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 24-Apr-2011 16:13 (after 2 hours 46 minutes)

[Quote]

When it rains it pours. Might well be an upgrade on the demos but can't get to speakers just now.
Looking forward to checking them out later.
[Profile] [PM]

famouswhendead

Post 24-Apr-2011 17:02 (after 49 minutes)

[Quote]

Thanks Steve
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 24-Apr-2011 17:53 (after 51 minute)

[Quote]

I think these are all good quality versions of Tate 2. Might be an upgrade on what we had already though. Not sure.
Anyone else?
[Profile] [PM]

steve ®

Post 24-Apr-2011 18:47 (after 53 minutes)

[Quote]

Hmmm ... looking at what's here already, I see that Rob has uploaded a 'rare mix' of the demos, which look the same as this. Are those tate 2?
I got my tape in the early 90s labelled 'early mix'. I put it on my list as 'rare mix', so its possible that Rob has a copy originating from me indirectly. So hopefully it is a little bit of an upgrade
[Profile] [PM]

famouswhendead

Post 24-Apr-2011 18:50 (after 2 minutes)

[Quote]

On my side, i think these are TATE2 with very good sound. Slightly different than the 2 others, but maybe the better sounding ones. And right speed.
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 24-Apr-2011 19:19 (after 29 minutes)

[Quote]

Yes, 'Rare Mix' = Tate 2. I wouldn't be surprised if Rob's version originated from you. Tracks are in the same order. I think yours are a slight increase in quality.
[Profile] [PM]

jmkelly

Post 24-Apr-2011 19:23 (after 3 minutes)

[Quote]

I remember you giving me a copy of this around the time you got it. It'll be great to hear how your digitized version sounds all these years later.
This flurry of activity is quite exciting !
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 24-Apr-2011 19:49 (after 26 minutes)

[Quote]

I think these are significantly better quality than the rare mixes uploaded previously.
Just compare What Difference and Reel Around The Fountain, much better definition.
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 24-Apr-2011 20:15 (after 25 minutes)

[Quote]

I think they're a lot better than the old 'rare mixes' AKA Tate 2, but are they better than the ones that Soundsville Paul just seeded?
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 24-Apr-2011 20:21 (after 6 minutes)

[Quote]

I think they're a lot better than the old 'rare mixes' AKA Tate 2, but are they better than the ones that Soundsville Paul just seeded?
The same version of What Difference doesn't sound any different to my ears, both copies are excellent.
[Profile] [PM]

famouswhendead

Post 24-Apr-2011 21:30 (after 1 hour 8 minutes)

[Quote]

I can ear a slightly distortion in the sound on the Paul's version.
I think the only difference between the version available on the 2 bootleg (Reel Around the Fountain & Wonderful Woman) and the Steve version is one or 2 generation.
I confirm, on my side :
the best TATE2 is the Steve's today upload.
The best version of the 2 "DEMO" is on Paul upload so far.
Best version of TATE1 is the one circulated since a long time with the corrected speed, except "These Things take time" which sounds really better on Paul's upload but this one needs a speed correction.
[Profile] [PM]

robbo123

Post 25-Apr-2011 00:59 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

Hmmm ... looking at what's here already, I see that Rob has uploaded a 'rare mix' of the demos, which look the same as this. Are those tate 2?
I got my tape in the early 90s labelled 'early mix'. I put it on my list as 'rare mix', so its possible that Rob has a copy originating from me indirectly. So hopefully it is a little bit of an upgrade
Actually Steve, I got a copy from you directly on DAT probably 10 years ago. That's the same version that I posted here: http://smithstorrents.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=435. If people are hearing a difference it's like due to whatever EQing you did recently.
[Profile] [PM]

drew

Post 25-Apr-2011 03:47 (after 2 hours 47 minutes)

[Quote]

I can ear a slightly distortion in the sound on the Paul's version.
I think the only difference between the version available on the 2 bootleg (Reel Around the Fountain & Wonderful Woman) and the Steve version is one or 2 generation.
I confirm, on my side :
the best TATE2 is the Steve's today upload.
The best version of the 2 "DEMO" is on Paul upload so far.
Best version of TATE1 is the one circulated since a long time with the corrected speed, except "These Things take time" which sounds really better on Paul's upload but this one needs a speed correction.
I beg to differ: Soundsville Paul's "Tate 2" tracks are a significant upgrade to Soundsville Steve's upload. Greater clarity and definition to the tracks, especially when pitch/speed corrected. I would hazard a guess Steve's tape is a 1st-generation dub from Paul's tape.
drew
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 23-Oct 11:51