Moz demos to be aired on BBC Radio 2?

Reply to topic

XAVeRY ®

Longevity: 9 years 5 months

Post 30-Apr-2010 20:33

[Quote]

This just in.
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/article.pl?sid=10/04/27/1710252
I believe this is available online, though I'm probably not going to be able to record this myself. Anybody willing and able will be truly welcome.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Longevity: 11 years

Post 03-May-2010 20:48 (after 3 days)

[Quote]

I'll be recording it shortly, might get to seed it before i go to bed :wink:
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Longevity: 11 years

Post 03-May-2010 22:21 (after 1 hour 32 minutes)

[Quote]

Nothing too exciting, certainly no unreleased demos so i'm not bothering to do a torrent.
Explanation here:
http://www.stephenstreet.net/diary.asp
I've only included the first bit which covered The Smiths and Moz, the more interesting stuff was about Blur later on when they played with the multitracks on Parklife and Girls & Boys.
Anyway, download it if you wish:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hj03os
By the way i was driving home a few weeks back when it was Bernard Butler's turn to be on the show and he revealed that the song "Yes" he wrote and recorded with David McAlmont was offered to Morrissey before and was rejected.
Great song, would have loved to have heard what Moz could have done with it.
[Profile] [PM]

mdcconflict

Longevity: 10 years

Post 03-May-2010 23:32 (after 1 hour 10 minutes)

[Quote]

sweet - sweet fa
[Profile] [PM]

XAVeRY ®

Longevity: 9 years 5 months

Post 04-May-2010 13:38 (after 14 hours)

[Quote]

Apparently their client (Morrissey) was 'horrified that the proposed material would be broadcast'.
He became such a damsel in distress.
[Profile] [PM]

ravenslament.

Longevity: 8 years 6 months

Post 09-May-2010 10:53 (after 4 days)

[Quote]

Morrissey 'threatens BBC over early demo'
Friday, May 7 2010, 13:15 BST
By Andrew Laughlin, Technology Reporter
Lawyers representing Morrissey threatened the BBC with an injunction last week to stop it from broadcasting one of the singer's early recordings, it has emerged.
The 20-second audio clip was removed at the last minute from a BBC 6 Music documentary on May 3 about producer Stephen Street
The outtake was recorded during sessions for Morrissey's 1988 debut solo album Viva Hate, which was Street's first major production credit and led to later work with Blur and Kaiser Chiefs.
Speaking to Contact Music, Street said that there were no ill motives behind airing the clip as he just wanted to show that Morrissey "still sounded great" on a four-track cassette.
However, Morrissey's lawyers informed Street and the BBC on April 30 that they would apply for an injunction to prevent the clip from being aired.
"On Friday afternoon, both the BBC and myself received a letter from Morrissey's solicitors threatening an immediate injunction preventing any broadcast unless the material was removed," Street said.
"Apparently their client was, 'Horrified that the proposed material would be broadcast'. I cannot understand [his] way of thinking at all. Throughout the programme I am extremely in full praise of Morrissey. I didn't think it would do any harm to play a small segment."
Street also noted that there have never been any problems before with playing recordings on 6 Music, despite featuring the work of high profile artists such as Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen and Phil Collins.
He added: "Rough demos have been played with their blessing and this is the first time they have been threatened with an injunction. Oh well, some things, or people, never change!"
found this on digital spy , moz is at it again
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 23-Oct 06:09