Longevity: 11 years

Post 19-Mar-2010 22:07

[Quote]

Morrissey
Symphony Hall
Birmingham
England
23rd October 2009
Comments by PontiacB who uploaded it on Dime.
ECM-719>Sound Pro Roll-Off box/Battery Box>SONY MZ-RH1 in Hi-MD mode>CDR>EAC>WAV
>Soundforge 8.0 (Soften a few loud peaks, Normalise, Fade-in/fade-out)>CD Wave (Track splits)>FLAC
Tracklist:
1. Intro
2. This Charming Man
3. Black Cloud
4. Ganglord
5. How Soon Is Now?
6. I'm OK By Myself
7. Because Of My Poor Education,
8. Death At One's Elbow
9. Teenage Dad On His Estate
10. I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
11. Loop
12. Nowhere Fast
13. When I Last Spoke To Carol
14. Cemetry Gates
15. One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
16. Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself
17. Is It Really So Strange
18. The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
19. Life Is A Pigsty
20. Encore Break
21. First Of The Gang To Die
Notes:
This isn't my recording, but was provided by omsaps.
Artwork included by omsaps.

Omsaps requested that this was posted with a clause not to be put on the ' Morrissey Solo ' website.
Taken from Dime.
This was the first Moz gig i attended so i'm really pleased this has been made available, note the difference in setlist to later dates.
This was the first night of the Swords tour and was rearranged from a cancelled date from the Tour Or Refusal, he played Life Is A Pigsty only on this date and he didn't do Irish Blood English Heart.
The next date was the Swindon one where he collapsed.
[Profile] [PM]

monsterH

Post 20-Mar-2010 01:31 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks for this...!
[Profile] [PM]

omsaps

Post 20-Mar-2010 12:03 (after 10 hours)

[Quote]

I knew this would appear before I replied to your request .
The Beauty of the internet .
CHEERS
Keith.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA ®

Post 20-Mar-2010 13:00 (after 57 minutes)

[Quote]

CHEERS
Keith.
sorry about that, the answer wasn't no was it?
[Profile] [PM]

omsaps

Post 20-Mar-2010 15:54 (after 2 hours 54 minutes)

[Quote]

CHEERS
Keith.
Yep
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA ®

Post 20-Mar-2010 19:53 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

CHEERS
Keith.
Yep
When i saw this i thought you meant yes the answer was no, thankfully your PM on Dime made it clear it was ok!
I'd have removed the torrent otherwise.
Thanks again.
[Profile] [PM]

omsaps

Post 20-Mar-2010 20:14 (after 21 minute)

[Quote]

CHEERS
Keith.
Yep
When i saw this i thought you meant yes the answer was no, thankfully your PM on Dime made it clear it was ok!
I'd have removed the torrent otherwise.
Thanks again.
Yep , it's okay . As someone has pointed out to me , it doesn't belong to me anymore , it belongs to anyone who wants to download it and they can do whatever they like with it , even put a Dance beat in the background if they like .
He said the only way to stop that is not to share, so Thanks to him this will be my last Mozza gig I ever share .
Enjoy,
Keith.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA ®

Post 20-Mar-2010 21:23 (after 1 hour 8 minutes)

[Quote]

Yep , it's okay . As someone has pointed out to me , it doesn't belong to me anymore , it belongs to anyone who wants to download it and they can do whatever they like with it , even put a Dance beat in the background if they like .
He said the only way to stop that is not to share, so Thanks to him this will be my last Mozza gig I ever share .
Enjoy,
Keith.
That's a shame but it's entirely up to you what you do with your recordings and if i'd had the abuse you said you'd had from some idiot on Moz Solo i think i'd have similar feelings.
[Profile] [PM]

omsaps

Post 21-Mar-2010 10:04 (after 12 hours)

[Quote]

Enjoy,
Keith.
That's a shame but it's entirely up to you what you do with your recordings and if i'd had the abuse you said you'd had from some idiot on Moz Solo i think i'd have similar feelings.
It was from more than hundred of them, they saw the chance to pick on a disabled person and did a good job of it .
It is probably still on there, The Brum NIA a couple of years ago .
CHEERS
Keith.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA ®

Post 21-Mar-2010 10:31 (after 26 minutes)

[Quote]

It was from more than hundred of them, they saw the chance to pick on a disabled person and did a good job of it .
CHEERS
Keith.
I'd rather not, would make me very angry.
Internet forums are full of w*nkers, this is one of the few that seems free from all that - just people that want to get their hands on as much Smiths and Moz stuff as they can.
This torrent for example means a lot to me as it was my first Moz show after being a Smiths fan for 21 of my 35 years.
My brother-in-law went with me and he'd liked The Smiths longer than i had, in fact my Sister going out with him was what got me into them in the first place.
His first ever Moz (or Smiths) gig too, he got the ticket as a birthday present.
It's his 40th birthday next month so i'll be doing him a CD of the gig as a souvenir as part of this year's present.
That's why sharing these recordings is so important to so many of us, they either bring back memories of a special gig we've been to or for fans like myself who were too young to see The Smiths we get from Steve's video uploads a glimpse of what it would have been like to have been at a Queen Is Dead tour date.
[Profile] [PM]

omsaps

Post 21-Mar-2010 10:45 (after 14 minutes)

[Quote]

CHEERS
Keith.
I'd rather not, would make me very angry.
Internet forums are full of w*nkers, this is one of the few that seems free from all that - just people that want to get their hands on as much Smiths and Moz stuff as they can.
This torrent for example means a lot to me as it was my first Moz show after being a Smiths fan for 21 of my 35 years.
My brother-in-law went with me and he'd liked The Smiths longer than i had, in fact my Sister going out with him was what got me into them in the first place.
His first ever Moz (or Smiths) gig too, he got the ticket as a birthday present.
It's his 40th birthday next month so i'll be doing him a CD of the gig as a souvenir as part of this year's present.
That's why sharing these recordings is so important to so many of us, they either bring back memories of a special gig we've been to or for fans like myself who were too young to see The Smiths we get from Steve's video uploads a glimpse of what it would have been like to have been at a Queen Is Dead tour date.
I saw Smiths before they released anything , I was told about them by my local record shop and they gave me a lift to Aston Uni to see them.
I didn't know what all the flowers were about until the leadsinger came out , they were amazing , something really different than the norm.
I was a Punk and was getting some really strange looks BUT fuck it , I enjoyed it.
I saw The Smiths only a few times after that , but they never disappointed.
I even went on the Smiths Manchester Guide , it was called something like that , they took you round Manchester showing you the sights of where the Smiths started and so on.
I then got into Mozza Solo , but went off him for a long time and it's only over the last 10 years that I started following him again , BUT it's difficult now , I'm Disabled and most Venues just don't cater for Disabled people , or you are put somewhere where you can't see a thing.
Anyway sorry for boring everyone , I hope you enjoy my Mozza recording.
CHEERS
Keith.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA ®

Post 21-Mar-2010 11:27 (after 41 minute)

[Quote]

I then got into Mozza Solo , but went off him for a long time and it's only over the last 10 years that I started following him again , BUT it's difficult now , I'm Disabled and most Venues just don't cater for Disabled people , or you are put somewhere where you can't see a thing.
Anyway sorry for boring everyone , I hope you enjoy my Mozza recording.
CHEERS
Keith.
I went off him between "you're the one for me fatty" and about this time last year.
Only last year did i start buying the albums i'd missed in anticipation of the Birmingham gig, was surprised at how good some of the stuff was.
[Profile] [PM]

anovella

Post 26-Mar-2010 11:35 (after 5 days)

[Quote]

many thanks!
[Profile] [PM]

quietnski

Post 27-Mar-2010 09:01 (after 21 hour)

[Quote]

Thanks again !!!
[Profile] [PM]

morrissey78

Post 20-May-2010 23:53 (after 1 month 24 days)

[Quote]

GRACIAS for your efforts and for sharing!!!
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 13-Dec 20:39