Morrissey 1997-10-03 Seattle (new digital transfer from DAT master)

Reply to topic

leche27 ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 07-Jan-2010 17:25

[Quote]

Morrissey
1997-10-03
Seattle, Moore Theater
DATmaster
SOURCE: Sonic Studios DSM6s > PA-6LC > Sony D8 DAT > digital transfer to PC via egosys2496
01 intro
02 Maladjusted
03 The Boy Racer
04 Alma Matters
05 Billy Budd
06 Reader Meet Author
07 Wide To Receive
08 Ambitious Outsiders
09 The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get
10 Roy's Keen
11 Speedway
12 Now My Heart Is Full
13 Paint A Vulgar Picture
14 The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils
15 Shoplifters Of The World Unite
NOTES:
My recording circulates within the Moz community but only from an analog transfer as I didn't have the capability to do digital transfers at that time. There was also some EQ'ing done to that version. This is my raw dat master, presented with no post processing whatsoever.
Recorded by JLW.
Seeded on 01/10.
From http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/live/moz-g971003.htm
This concert went down very well. Morrissey was in great spirits and definitely over the "Chicago flu". Security was very tight and no one made it on stage. There was no change in the setlist from the previous date.
Entering stage Morrissey picked up the microphone and just roared as a greeting. In set opener "Maladjusted" he made a slight change to "making it anything other than easy for working boys like me". After "Billy Budd" he asked "Do you have anything to say? (cheers) Anything interesting? (cheers) No?" Besides this his only other significant banter of the evening was "I think I've just seen somebody I recognize in the audience... which is actually quite boring... if you knew them...", given before "Speedway". Returning to perform the encore, he exclaimed "God bless you!".
At the end of the concert, Morrissey took his shirt off and threw it into the crowd after putting it in his mouth. Someone from security managed to pull it out of the hands of the fans who were fighting for pieces of it, so Morrissey tapped him on the head and motioned to him that he wanted his shirt back. He then threw it back to the fans, to the bouncer's humiliation. A tambourine had also been thrown in the audience earlier that evening. It had "Die cheerleader die" written on it.
"Hold On To Your Friends" and "What Difference Does It Make?", yet unplayed on this tour, were heard soundchecked before the concert amongst others from the regular playlist such as "Nobody Loves Us". "Hold On To Your Friends" would be added to the setlist within a week, but "What Difference Does It Make?" has yet to be performed by Morrissey without the Smiths. It was probably just soundchecked by the band without Morrissey.
[Profile] [PM]

cliftdean74

Post 07-Jan-2010 17:40 (after 14 minutes)

[Quote]

Thank you for all of your uploads. Nice to have these Morrissey shows from the masters!
[Profile] [PM]

Demian

Post 07-Jan-2010 18:55 (after 1 hour 14 minutes)

[Quote]

I would like to thank you as well!
[Profile] [PM]

anovella

Post 07-Jan-2010 19:56 (after 1 hour 1 minute)

[Quote]

many thanks!
[Profile] [PM]

famouswhendead

Post 08-Jan-2010 19:04 (after 23 hours)

[Quote]

Very nice ! Thank you
[Profile] [PM]

morrissey78

Post 08-Jan-2010 23:05 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

Oh wow cheers mate!!!
[Profile] [PM]

monsterH

Post 10-Jan-2010 01:14 (after 1 day 2 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks!
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 24-Nov 12:53