Ambitious Outsiders
Spring-Heeled Jim
Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself
Hold On To Your Friends
Now My Heart Is Full
Speedway
Shoplifters Of The World Unite
Notes from Passionsjustlikemine.com
This gig was another hectic one. A good number of fans were injured from the pressure against the barriers and had to be carried off. Only a few made it on stage, and when they did, they looked extremely happy and let it be shown. One of them even kissed Morrissey's feet. The man himself was in top form, playful, and very sexually suggestive, but slightly less talkative than he had been on the west coast.
The recently introduced songs were kept in the set, but there were a few more changes. "Maladjusted" and "The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils" were replaced by "The More You Ignore The Closer I Get" and "Paint A Vulgar Picture". After trying "London" as an encore for one night, Morrissey returned to the standard "Shoplifters Of The World Unite". Only four songs from the latest album "Maladjusted" were played on this date while fan-favourite "Vauxhall & I" was represented by six, including a block of five in a row.
After the usual drum intro, Morrissey entered stage followed by his musicians, and as a greeting, introduced himself with "My name is trouble". "Do Your Best And Don't Worry" was moved up as set opener, a spot it would alternately share with "The Boy Racer" for the remainder of the tour. Ex set opener "Maladjusted" would only be played once again after this date. Morrissey made only a few of the usual changes in this new set opener, but he did sing "This is me on a drab day", something unheard yet. After "Roy's Keen" Morrissey teased the audience by asking "I should say, it's very nice to be here but, one question, one question, one question? What do you do for air?".
After "The More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get" Morrissey asked a fan who was holding a sign saying "Lost" (the title of a b-side on the recent "Roy's Keen" single), "How do you know? How do you know about that song? You have it, where did you buy it?... San Francisco?". Morrissey must have noticed the audience's lack of enthusiasm during "Ambitious Outsiders" because after the song's performance he asked the fans "I suppose you wished you hadn't come? Tell the truth...". After "Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself", he added "Have you ever considered moving to Wyoming? (crowd: 'No!') I'm not surprised...". Something happened at the end of encore "Shoplifters Of The World Unite" and, as he thanked the audience, he couldn't hold back giggling.
A good audience recording of the full set is circulated on bootlegs and on the internet
[Profile] [PM]

anovella

Longevity: 11 years

Post 20-Oct-2009 13:02 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

thanks a lot omar!
[Profile] [PM]

cliftdean74

Post 20-Oct-2009 15:55 (after 2 hours 53 minutes)

[Quote]

Excellent post Omar. Not enough vintage Morrissey shows showing up!!!
[Profile] [PM]

MacPhisto247

Post 21-Oct-2009 14:53 (after 22 hours)

[Quote]

this is damn near perfect (for an audience recording that is). thanks again Omar! wonderful GEM!
:D
[Profile] [PM]

bclark93

Post 23-Oct-2009 15:28 (after 2 days)

[Quote]

thanks again!
[Profile] [PM]

monsterH

Post 24-Oct-2009 00:04 (after 8 hours)

[Quote]