Longevity: 11 years

Post 29-Sep-2009 22:31

[Quote]

Morrissey
December 10, 1997
Battersea Power Station
London, UK
NTSC
Video: VHS(1) > Sony SLV-778HF > Adstech capture > Vegas 6.0 > DVD Architect > DVD > YOU!
Video: MPEG-2, 720X480 29.97 FPS (4:3) NTSC, 7999kbps
Audio: VHS(1) > Sony SLV-778HF > Adstech capture > Vegas 6.0 / Sound Forge 8.0 > DVD > YOU!
Audio: PCM @48000kHz Stereo, 1536kbps *
* - bclark93's explanation (for clarification) = it's a mono mix. both channels are the same source [left channel]
-- Menu has only a "Play All" Button
-- Chapter marks at each song
SETLIST
01. Intro (The Operation)
02. Do Your Best And Don't Worry
03. The Boy Racer
04. Billy Budd
05. Reader Meet Author
06. Paint A Vulgar Picture
07. Alma Matters
08. Ambitious Outsiders
09. Speedway
10. Trouble Loves Me
11. Spring-Heeled Jim
12. Now My Heart Is Full
13. Roy's Keen
14. Satan Rejected My Soul
15. Shoplifters Of The World Unite (encore)
[High Resolution DVD Cover & DVD Disc Label Artwork Included in torrent]
(from PassionsJustLikeMine.com):
This concert took place in a tent set up next to the Battersea Power Station, and was part of a 17-day festival. The action on stage was shown on two large screens. Morrissey was very energetic, playful, sexual and chatty. However, people who attended this show as well as some of the prior American ones remarked that he wasn't acting as sexy and aggressive in London. The crowd was very receptive and welcoming. There was a barrier holding back the audience away from the stage, with a huge gap in front of it, and security was tight, so only a handful of fans made it up to Morrissey, mainly during the encore. One of the few who were successful decided to hug Alain instead of Morrissey, making him drop his guitar!
The set list was similar to the latest ones. Some fans were expecting surprises for the London show, but it didn't happen. "Ambitious Outsiders" and "Trouble Loves Me" were re-added to the set, replacing "The More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get" and "The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils". The latter song was actually soundchecked but not played.
Morrissey greeted the crowd with "Hello, you sexy Londoners!" before going into set opener "Do Your Best And Don't Worry". In the song he made a few changes to "This is you on a bad day, you on a sick day" and "against the worst of what you are what the hell, you'll neverwin". After "The Boy Racer" Morrissey apologised for the large gap between the barrier and the stage: "It's a big pit, but err..." Then after "Reader Meet Author" he said "thank you gorgeous...". He introduced "Paint A Vulgar Picture" with "As some of you know, I used to be the drummer in the Smiths". In "Alma Matters" he changed a line to "It's my life to end my own way". After the song Morrissey expressed what many others also thought "Yes, I also thought it might be the old power station but... I'm from the North and you know, we're not really intelligent..."
After "Speedway", Morrissey said "I don't mind being heckled... I mean, I don't mind being heckled!" "Spring-Heeled Jim" was introduced with the words "This song was heavily inspired by SW11... SW11... which of course means nothing". After it, Morrissey asked someone heckling him "Yes, what would you like to know?". In "Now My Heart Is Full" a line was changed to "Every Stretford (something) poet". During the ending to that song, as he was shaking hands with fans in the front rows, Morrissey's ring was stolen. The man didn't seem to mind as much as when it happened a few years earlier. This time he simply sat at the edge of the stage, looked surprised and giggled.
"Roy's Keen" was introduced with "This song is about no one you know". "Satan Rejected My Soul" was introduced with "We never thought it would happen but we are about to release our first Christmas single". After that song, before leaving the stage, Morrissey wished the fans "Merry Christmas". Coming back for the encore, he introduced "Shoplifters Of The World Unite" with "This one is called 'Sorrow Will Come in the End'."
This concert was recorded by XFM for possible later broadcast, but this never happened.
BOOTLEGS
An audience recording of the whole concert is circulated on bootleg VHS and DVD videos. The clear footage - filmed from the rear stands - features good close-ups of the screens next to the stage.
A good-ish audio recording of the full set is also circulated on bootlegs and on the internet, sometimes under the title "All Over Battersea Some Hope And Some Despair". This was not lifted from the video recording.
[Profile] [PM]

MacPhisto247 ®

Post 29-Sep-2009 23:00 (after 29 minutes)

[Quote]

screenshots !!!!

(Screenshot of taper filming screen)

[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 30-Sep-2009 07:49 (after 8 hours)

[Quote]

Look forward to this one, interesting set list.
[Profile] [PM]

Dr Wolfenstein

Longevity: 10 years

Post 30-Sep-2009 17:38 (after 9 hours)

[Quote]

thanks for this man really nice thing to put up on here, shame about not many people can be fuckt to say one THANK YOU!
[Profile] [PM]

Camdenman

Post 30-Sep-2009 17:59 (after 20 minutes)

[Quote]

Not something I always do in my own life, but here I am going to listen to the Dr and say thank you. It's good advice...
[Profile] [PM]

MacPhisto247 ®

Post 30-Sep-2009 19:10 (after 1 hour 11 minutes)

[Quote]

SAMPLE (DVD COVER) [included in torrent]

SAMPLE (DVD LABEL) [included in torrent]
[Profile] [PM]

anovella

Post 30-Sep-2009 21:17 (after 2 hours 7 minutes)

[Quote]

Many many thanks for Share!!!
[Profile] [PM]

modrevolve

Longevity: 9 years 7 months

Post 30-Sep-2009 22:53 (after 1 hour 35 minutes)

[Quote]

thanks dude
[Profile] [PM]

MacPhisto247 ®

Post 02-Oct-2009 20:50 (after 1 day 21 hour)

[Quote]

thanks for this man really nice thing to put up on here
this is what is wrong with internet in the "good ol" USA. They give a decent (sometimes halfway decent) download speed, but really shitty upload speed. Dr. Wolfenstein has a upload speed I could only wish I had.
I want to thank everyone who has helped seed this out because sometimes at night my upload speed is half of what it is during the day. thanks! 8)
[Profile] [PM]

PatjeVitesse

Post 03-Oct-2009 10:51 (after 14 hours)

[Quote]

ThanX !!!! Looks great.
[Profile] [PM]

naldosmith

Longevity: 7 years 9 months

Post 03-Oct-2009 13:21 (after 2 hours 30 minutes)

[Quote]

THANK´S!!!
[Profile] [PM]

jmkelly

Post 05-Oct-2009 17:14 (after 2 days 3 hours)

[Quote]

Great to get this one, as I was at it. Thanks !
It was held inside the Power Station rather than in a tent beside it, btw.
[Profile] [PM]

FredericaH

Longevity: 7 years 8 months

Post 07-Oct-2009 12:52 (after 1 day 19 hours)

[Quote]

thanks! that was great! the quality's quite good, anyway this one is highly recommended. going to seed for a while. :)
[Profile] [PM]

Dr Wolfenstein

Post 10-Oct-2009 13:49 (after 3 days)

[Quote]

no worries on the seeding i use a seedbox so my uploads are fucking insane like 8mg sometimes full on!
My home upload only hits 45k hahahaha
[Profile] [PM]

Handsome_Devil

Longevity: 9 years 7 months

Post 12-Oct-2009 05:37 (after 1 day 15 hours)

[Quote]

Wow, Thank you soooo much for this!!!
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 26-Jun 08:51