The Smiths Tribute

Reply to topic

DAVIE ®

Longevity: 8 years 3 months

Post 07-Aug-2009 18:56

[Quote]

Hello I'm looking for any British Bassists, Guitarest and dummers who is wanting to form a Smiths tribute band...I'm doing a solo Smiths thing in pubs and I need a proper band to make it lift off....Any people interested, if you are then just reply or give me a message! Thanks!
[Profile] [PM]

Miblo

Longevity: 8 years 5 months

Post 16-Aug-2009 21:14 (after 9 days)

[Quote]

Blimey, why on Earth am I delaying?! Of course I want to form a tribute band to The Smiths!
I play all three of those instruments with varying degrees of skill - admittedly, I would need some practice on the drums, as well as a drum kit, to be able to play them for an audience - but I've played the classical guitar for some fifteen years, and bass guitar for thirteen, so would happily play one of them. Replacing "classical" for "electric" if we're doing a full PA system (as well as Smiths-faithful) affair. Of the two, I would in fact prefer to play guitar, partly because I've been playing bass in a Ukrainian band for almost four years and would like something different from that, and also because Johnny's guitar parts will be more fun and challenging to play.
So, please, if someone out there plays bass, let me play guitar, and then we only need a drummer.
What are your plans for this, DAVIE? Are we playing their songs as they played them, or shall we work on our own arrangements and medleys, and such things? How are your gigs going at the moment?
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 18-Oct 16:46