So, what did I miss?

Reply to topic

DavidA ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 15-May-2009 19:27

[Quote]

I've been out the loop for a while so I'd like to catch up on some things I missed. Flea is sending me most of the shows that have appeared here, but I was wondering what else is new.
- Fantastic to see those two early Hacienda shows turn up from an early source.
- Did the Decibel demo tape ever surface? I was going to buy it at one point. I see that Suffer Little Children emerged as an edited MP3.
- Any news on the Drone demo?
- Complete Click/Cowbell Track?
- Any fuller versions of the Peel/Jensen sessions?
- I Want A Boy For My Birthday?
- Cleaner versions of the rarer Troy Tate sets?
I passed on the 7" box sets, because I have a bunch of them already and rarely use a record player anyhow. Good to see Johnny getting involved with Sounds of the Smiths. I listened to it in the car a couple of times and the differences didn't leap out - I'd have to listen to them side-by-side I think. Was there anything on that second CD which was only available on vinyl until then?
[Profile] [PM]

batnaMMV

Longevity: 11 years

Post 15-May-2009 20:04 (after 37 minutes)

[Quote]

Hi David,
Steve has been spoiling us with his endless bootleg collection so lots of 1st gen AUD and some FM's (Glasgow March 84, LA Palladium 85) are now widely circulated.
The Amsterdam 84 concert was rebroadcast recently on Dutch Radio (complete version and much better source) and uploaded here and on DIME etc. WaxlyMolding did a remaster of it as it still needed to be speed/pitch corrected.
Another version of Derby Assembly Rooms 83 DVD has surfaced and been uploaded here ( sourced from Brazil) which seems to be the best quality available.
I was impressed with the Sound of the Smiths, Johnny did a decent job of the remastering IMO. Hopefully he will get round to remastering the albums at some point. 'Rubber Ring' and 'Draize Train' were download only, the latter sounding a lot better than before.
If there's any other shows you're after let me know by all means.
[Profile] [PM]

modrevolve

Longevity: 10 years

Post 15-May-2009 20:10 (after 5 minutes)

[Quote]

On the Morrissey solo side, one of the best uploads had to be the Halloween 1991 professionally shot show.
[Profile] [PM]

XAVeRY

Longevity: 9 years 7 months

Post 16-May-2009 09:46 (after 13 hours)

[Quote]

Another version of Derby Assembly Rooms 83 DVD has surfaced and been uploaded here ( sourced from Brazil) which seems to be the best quality available.
There's something funny about that show. As far as I know, it was aired in February on one of Polish Public Television channels, unfortunately I missed it back then, since I didn't even know it was on. Makes me wonder why they chose this particular one...
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 13-Dec 14:49