Help

Go to page :  1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

sweetness522 ®

Longevity: 10 years

Post 08-Sep-2008 14:59

[Quote]

Hi, Sorry if this was asked before, but I'm just totally lost here. I just finished downloading a file, Live in Dallas. It now says 100% Done, SEEDING, in my utorrent software. I've double clicked on the file, and now another box pops up. My goal is put this on a DVD. What do I do now? Could someone also explain what the two numbers mean listed after the torrent file (under the heading "Torrent" in red and green). Any help explained in an easy-to-understand manner would be appreciated. :P Thanks!
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Longevity: 11 years

Post 09-Sep-2008 00:22 (after 9 hours)

[Quote]

From what I can make out you are re-opening the torrent file rather than the data (music). Your torrent client should tell you where the data is saved. uTorrent tells you the information as to where the data is on the first tab. Highlight the particular torrent line and the info will appear underneath in the lower section.
[Profile] [PM]

robbo123

Post 09-Sep-2008 00:38 (after 15 minutes)

[Quote]

uTorrent is just for the downloading. You now have the data on your HD. To burn to DVD, you need a DVD-burning program (such as Nero, Roxio, Toast...) Follow the directions for whatever program you are using and drag the data from the new folder you just downloaded.
The numbers you're referring to may be the number of peers or your DL/UL speed.
[Profile] [PM]

sweetness522 ®

Post 09-Sep-2008 12:21 (after 11 hours)

[Quote]

Thank you both for your help. Yes, I understand that utorrent is just for d/l'ing. I have to get a burn program now. I've heard that there is a free one called ImgBurn. Or must I purchase another one in order to do this? Once I burn it to a DVD, how do I know that it will play on my home DVD player?
Sorry for my silly question, but am I able to drag/drop the Torrent files from my HD to Windows Media Player and burn from there, or is WMP just to burn music CD's?
When I click on the Torrent files, they automatically start to play in my Real Player. There is an upgrade there for $39.99 which gives the ability to burn. Does anyone recommend that program?
I would really appreciate a good recommend on a burn program for a beginner who needs easy instructions. Thanks for everyone's help.
[Profile] [PM]

XAVeRY

Longevity: 9 years 5 months

Post 09-Sep-2008 16:32 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

Don't throw out forty bucks at the upgrade for Real Player, it's very probable that its features are not worth this kind of money at all.
I'd recommend ImgBurn, since it's 100% free, but may involve some hassle to a beginner. If the torrent you've downloaded contains a DVD-Video structure (it contains the folder VIDEO_TS and files like VTS_01_1.VOB, VIDEO_TS.IFO and similar), then you'll have to use ImgBurn and create two folders on the destination DVD : AUDIO_TS (it will be empty, but must appear) and VIDEO_TS (which will contain the files you've downloaded). Remember to choose UDF 1.02 as the filesystem and check "Allow Unicode Volume Label".
If the file you've downloaded is an image (.bin and .cue, .iso, .img, .cdi), then just open it with ImgBurn and burn it straight into a DVD - no problems there.
If what you've downloaded is a MPG, AVI or MOV file, then you need to recode this file in order to be compliant with DVD-Video specifications. This is much more complicated.
[Profile] [PM]

sweetness522 ®

Post 09-Sep-2008 17:57 (after 1 hour 25 minutes)

[Quote]

Hi, Thank you for your help and reply. I have downloaded ImgBurn. I can't figure out how the heck to use it!! I'm trying to download the O2 Wireless festival right now. I'm assuming that is DVD-Video structure as you've mentioned above, right? Maybe I should purchase software that is easier to use for a beginner, any suggestions like Roxio or Media Now?
[Profile] [PM]

XAVeRY

Longevity: 9 years 5 months

Post 10-Sep-2008 15:35 (after 21 hour)

[Quote]

sweetness522, I have written a guide for ImgBurn, I hope it will help you. Check it out : http://smithstorrents.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2572
[Profile] [PM]

sweetness522 ®

Post 10-Sep-2008 19:28 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

Just what I needed. Thank you! ImgBurn is certainly not user friendly upon first looking at it. I fiddled with it for hours, to no avail. Thank you so much for the link to your guide. It will come in handy, as I am about to study it right now. :D
EDIT: Okay, just finished your instructions on how to use ImgBurn and I got stuck. I click on the little folder to select my file (under the "Source" heading), then double click on my "Downloads" folder because that is where it is located, then double click on the Torrent file, try to open it, and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong at this point?
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 11-Sep-2008 10:03 (after 14 hours)

[Quote]

You are trying to open the torrent file again, ignore the torrent file, it is only 10kb it can't possibly hold 250mb of music inside it.
With uTorrent open, highlight the particular torrent line as fig. 1

Then look below at fig. 2 to see where the music is stored. Go to the address it shows on your fig. 2 and hey presto that's where the music is ;)
[Profile] [PM]

sweetness522 ®

Post 11-Sep-2008 12:59 (after 2 hours 56 minutes)

[Quote]

Thanks. Now once I find the address in your Figure 2, as above, do I copy and paste that into ImgBurn? I'm confused. I am working with a video file, BTW.
What I'm trying to do is get the Torrent file into ImgBurn, so that I can burn a DVD. Simple as that.
[Profile] [PM]

diehard

Longevity: 9 years 3 months

Post 11-Sep-2008 13:39 (after 40 minutes)

[Quote]

Thanks. Now once I find the address in your Figure 2, as above, do I copy and paste that into ImgBurn? I'm confused. I am working with a video file, BTW.
What I'm trying to do is get the Torrent file into ImgBurn, so that I can burn a DVD. Simple as that.
You dont NEED the .torrent file once youve downloaded it. You can turn off uTorrent as i see its only there to confuse you!
Follow again every step of the tutorial http://smithstorrents.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2572 and you cannot do wrong.
If it wasnt for the pictures i would understand you do something wrong, just go over it again step by step.
[Profile] [PM]

diehard

Post 11-Sep-2008 13:42 (after 2 minutes)

[Quote]

You do not COPY the location of the file, you choose it as seen on these two pictures!!!!

you need to select the folder where the dvd is SAVED, not where you have the .torrent file you have downloaded from the forum topic.
dont you have anyone that can show you how to burn in person?
[Profile] [PM]

diehard

Post 11-Sep-2008 13:48 (after 5 minutes)

[Quote]

sweetness522 i hope you realize that you are on the wrong o2 wireless torrent and that you didnt finish downloading the full dvd!!!
[Profile] [PM]

sweetness522 ®

Post 11-Sep-2008 15:08 (after 1 hour 20 minutes)

[Quote]

Yes, I realized I haven't finished downloading the entire O2 Wireless. I'm trying to burn another file right now. Thanks for the instructions. I'll try again.
EDIT: Okay i just tried again, followed all the instructions step by step in the tutorial for using ImgBurn and when I went to add the file from my hard drive to IMGburn, I got a message pop up that said "Invalid or unsupported image file format". I'm lost. I think I'm giving up until someone can show me in person. :cry:
[Profile] [PM]

diehard

Post 11-Sep-2008 16:35 (after 1 hour 26 minutes)

[Quote]

Yes, I realized I haven't finished downloading the entire O2 Wireless. I'm trying to burn another file right now. Thanks for the instructions. I'll try again.
EDIT: Okay i just tried again, followed all the instructions step by step in the tutorial for using ImgBurn and when I went to add the file from my hard drive to IMGburn, I got a message pop up that said "Invalid or unsupported image file format". I'm lost. I think I'm giving up until someone can show me in person. :cry:
can you tell us whats the file extension of the image you are trying the burn? or the whole name?
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 23-Oct 11:52