Burn PAL dvd to NTSC

Reply to topic

modrevolve ®

Longevity: 9 years

Post 25-Jun-2008 20:25

[Quote]

Hey Everyone
Got a question..not sure if this is common knowledge or just impossible..Once I burn a dvd that is in PAL format, is it possible for me to burn it in NTSC format keeping all the same menus without re-encoding or do I first have to dump all the footabe on my computer, re-encode it, split the tracks up, add new menus and then burn it to the format I want? I have a multi region player so I am fine but if I'd like to share a disc with a friend who doesn'y my only soloution seems to be to do all the work over again.
thanks
Darren
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Longevity: 11 years

Post 25-Jun-2008 21:17 (after 51 minute)

[Quote]

Get yourself the free video player called SUPER, here's the home page you may have to click a few pages to get the player:-
http://www.erightsoft.com
drop the video files into the player and select the options for NTSC and it will do the conversion for you, no messing about.
The hardest part of the above is actually getting the player, there are no pop-ups/unders, redirects but it's still not the easiest player to find. I'd give you a direct link but that would spoil the fun ;)
[Profile] [PM]

modrevolve ®

Post 25-Jun-2008 21:48 (after 30 minutes)

[Quote]

thanks..is this something I can do in Nero??
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 25-Jun-2008 21:56 (after 8 minutes)

[Quote]

No idea, I don't use Nero, maybe someone else can tell you
[Profile] [PM]

modrevolve ®

Post 26-Jun-2008 13:40 (after 15 hours)

[Quote]

ok..thanks for the info..I'll check this out later tonight
[Profile] [PM]

taco

Post 27-Jun-2008 02:04 (after 12 hours)

[Quote]

Nero can do pal to ntsc and ntsc to pal. I think it's in version 7 or 8. It's take a long time to convert the format to something else.
Turns out that a portable dvd player that I have can play all formats, so I don't convert anymore.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 27-Jun-2008 07:46 (after 5 hours)

[Quote]

In the UK our TVs and DVD players handle both :wink:
NTSC always looks crap by comparison, 25% less lines or something.....
[Profile] [PM]

modrevolve ®

Post 27-Jun-2008 13:11 (after 5 hours)

[Quote]

Nero can do pal to ntsc and ntsc to pal. I think it's in version 7 or 8. It's take a long time to convert the format to something else.
Turns out that a portable dvd player that I have can play all formats, so I don't convert anymore.
That's interesting..Version 7 of nero came with my new burner but I prefer Version Six so I have stuck with it.
My DVD player plays everything so I'm fine whether its NTSC or PAL format. If I want to share a disc with friends or trade with other fans, I'd like the option of having both formats available.
I can always re-encode the footage and make my own menus then burn to whatever format I want. That takes a while and there is also concern that the audio and video footage will go out of sync, which has happened to me a few times recently.
[Profile] [PM]

fivefive55

Longevity: 7 years 8 months

Post 11-Feb-2010 04:24 (after 1 year 7 months)

[Quote]

Get yourself the free video player called SUPER, here's the home page you may have to click a few pages to get the player:-
http://www.erightsoft.com
drop the video files into the player and select the options for NTSC and it will do the conversion for you, no messing about.
The hardest part of the above is actually getting the player, there are no pop-ups/unders, redirects but it's still not the easiest player to find. I'd give you a direct link but that would spoil the fun ;)
wtf.
i don't even know if i'm downloading the correct thing
[Profile] [PM]

fivefive55

Post 11-Feb-2010 04:47 (after 22 minutes)

[Quote]

if i'm left with just the vob files from encoding, how do i make menus for the dvd : (
[Profile] [PM]

fivefive55

Post 11-Feb-2010 23:01 (after 18 hours)

[Quote]

it looks like i'm going to import all the converted vob files into windows movie maker... but the quality isn't so great from the conversion. SUPER defaults to 352;240, 3:2 ratio, 29.97 fps, 5760 kbps, and 48k audio. If i make the resolution higher and the the bitrate higher, will that make it better? or will the audio be the same no matter what because it's selected as 48k
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 11-Feb-2010 23:08 (after 7 minutes)

[Quote]

You might want to ask the experts over at VideoHelp.
[Profile] [PM]

torrentdl

Longevity: 6 years 4 months

Post 25-May-2011 06:34 (after 1 year 3 months)

[Quote]

nero is the perfect utility to do it
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 22-Oct 17:19