1985 June 11 Warner Theatre, Washington, DC FLAC

Reply to topic

the Flea ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 24-Jun-2008 14:52

[Quote]

Here's another I got over on DaD, this one from WaxlyMolding, many thanks :)
The Smiths
Warner Theater,
Washington DC, USA
June 11, 1985
AUD (unknown generation, but low hiss level)
Bootleg CDR > EAC (w/logs) > SF6 > AA 1.5 > CDWav > FLAC
See notes below
01. William It Was Really Nothing
02. Nowhere Fast
03. I Want The One I Can't Have
04. What She Said
05. Handsome Devil
06. How Soon Is Now?
07. That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
08. Stretch Out And Wait
09. Shakespeare's Sister
10. Rusholme Ruffians
11. The Headmaster Ritual
12. Hand In Glove
13. Still Ill
14. Meat Is Murder
15. Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
16. This Charming Man
17. Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want
18. Miserable Lie
19. You've Got Everything Now
Here's what WaxlyMolding had to say on the recording:-
I bought this bootleg CD last year in upstate Maine. I bought it with the intention of fixing it up and seeding it, but I forgot about it....the recent post of Boston reminded me that I have it.
Sound is relatively good, the audience is enthusiastic and sometimes loud. I'd say 08/10.
Upon extracting this disc I discovered it was recorded TAO with fades between each track. Also, there were pops throughout the disc (from a dirty cassette head possibly) and the recording was mastered too loud.
Gaps removed and fades smoothed out as best as possible (not much crowd noise to work with unfortunately, so the fades are still there, just less noticeable)
I used Adobe Audition's pop removal to deal with the pops, and restored the recording volume to a reasonable level. No NR or anything was used.
All processing by terrapinstation 2007-08-18
Another Porky Prime Cut From Terrapin Station!!
From passionsjustlikemine (thanks!):
This was a very good concert. The band members were in good spirits, Morrissey was quite energetic, and as the show progressed, relatively talkative for the time and place. His first between-song intervention besides hello's and thank you's was the line "you're such a wonderful grab" after "Handsome Devil". Soon after "Stretch Out And Wait", still unreleased in the USA, was "...dedicated to a friend, an american friend... you know who you are and we love you... thank you!" Morrissey was probably kept away from his microphone by a fan at some point during that song because he missed the "Will the world end in the day time/night time" lines.
Before "Shakespeare's Sister", someone handed Morrissey a book and he said "Another book stolen from the library... never mind... it's the best way..." After the song he teased the crowd "Thank you you've been very kind... considering..." Before "Still Ill" he chatted with a few people in the audience. After the song he just exclaimed "No!" before the band went into the dramatic "Meat Is Murder". This was the final song of the main set and after its performance the band left stage.
Returning for the first encore, Morrissey dedicated the first number: "a little dedication, little dedication... to sexy security staff, 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now'." There must have been fans on stage because at some point into that song's performance Morrissey distractedly sang something that sounded like "You've been in the hand too long she said". His singing was also interrupted a few times, missing the whole ending and leaving the band to finish the song as an instrumental. The Smiths then wrapped up that encore with a fast version of "This Charming Man". As on other dates on this leg of the tour, the song was played in one urgent flow, without the breaks in rhythm that fans have become accustomed to. At the end of "Miserable Lie" Morrissey exclaimed "we love you goodbye!" and everyone left stage again. The Smiths returned for a third encore, possibly the only performance on this tour of "You've Got Everything Now".
[Profile] [PM]

Demian

Post 24-Jun-2008 15:39 (after 47 minutes)

[Quote]

Thank you very much for this.
Regards, Demian
[Profile] [PM]

quietnski

Post 24-Jun-2008 17:56 (after 2 hours 16 minutes)

[Quote]

Thanks you very much....!!!
[Profile] [PM]

WaxlyMolding

Post 24-Jun-2008 20:29 (after 2 hours 32 minutes)

[Quote]

I was hoping someone would grab this and post it here...thanks!
[Profile] [PM]

anovella

Post 03-Jul-2008 07:10 (after 8 days)

[Quote]

Gracias por compartirlo aqui.
[Profile] [PM]

cro_morrissey

Post 04-Jul-2008 06:38 (after 23 hours)

[Quote]

thanks man!!!!!!! :D
[Profile] [PM]

john cleese

Longevity: 9 years 7 months

Post 10-Sep-2010 11:02 (after 2 years 2 months)

[Quote]

Another one I appear to have missed, anybody still able to seed ?
Thanks in advance, hopefully.
[Profile] [PM]

gius

Longevity: 10 years

Post 26-Dec-2011 20:24 (after 1 year 3 months)

[Quote]

thanksss!
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 13-Dec 07:23