Question...

Reply to topic

MorningGlory123 ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 14-Jun-2006 20:29

[Quote]

I've just downloaded 'Shoplifters From Manchester' and the version of The Hand That Rocks The Cradle is meant to be from The Ritz gig in 1982. So whats the story? Is it from that gig? I remember reading about it, and people were hopeful that the full gig would show up, as the 20 second clip of I Want A Boy For My Birthday was proof someone recorded the gig. Also why does it say on the artwork that the gig was from December 1982, then the txt file saying '(Rec at The Ritz, Manchester, UK, Feb. 1983,sbd, 3rd Smiths live-performance)' with PassionsJustLikeMine contradicting both saying the Ritz gig was on October the 4th?
:|
[Profile] [PM]

batnaMMV

Post 15-Jun-2006 15:39 (after 19 hours)

[Quote]

That was me amending the text file as the artwork and original info file were full of errors! :wink: .
The track you are referring to is also more widely available on the 'Butterfly Collector', which is definitely taken from The Smiths' 3rd gig, 4th Feb 1983 at the Hacienda.
The first gig was on the 4th October 1982.
Hope that clears things up for you :D
[Profile] [PM]

MorningGlory123 ®

Post 15-Jun-2006 23:35 (after 7 hours)

[Quote]

Yes, thanks :D So then, is The Hand That Rocks The Cradle from the Hacienda boot, the only live version recorded?
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 18-Aug 20:17