Smiths Re-Union - Never Gonna Happen !!!!

Reply to topic

Maverick33 ®

Longevity: 12 years

Post 26-Aug-2007 19:38

[Quote]

This was broadcast on XFM on Friday in one of there news bullitens.. Thought i post it incase anyone is interested..
The words are exactly the same as aired:
"Morrissey has today revealed he turned down an offer of nearly £40 Million for a Smiths re-union, he claims the deal was for him to perform 50 gigs around the world in 2008 & 2009 with Johnny Marr, but the drummer & Bassist Mike Joyce & Andy Rourke didn't have to be involved. He also said he won't be doing any more solo gigs for the foreseeable future".
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 27-Aug-2007 22:31 (after 1 day 2 hours)

[Quote]

Good.
[Profile] [PM]

angryelvis

Post 30-Aug-2007 00:37 (after 2 days 2 hours)

[Quote]

They should stop trying to get them all together b/c that won't happen (hello court case). I would be happy just to see him with Marr.
[Profile] [PM]

CC87

Longevity: 11 years

Post 30-Aug-2007 08:01 (after 7 hours)

[Quote]

This was broadcast on XFM on Friday in one of there news bullitens.. Thought i post it incase anyone is interested..
The words are exactly the same as aired:
"He also said he won't be doing any more solo gigs for the foreseeable future".
No more gigs for the foreseeable future?! WTF?! Is that from a reliable source?
[Profile] [PM]

angryelvis

Post 30-Aug-2007 10:30 (after 2 hours 29 minutes)

[Quote]

He posted this on TTY
I would like to stress to members of TTY that the recent quotes on NME.com attributed to me concerning "retirement" and "final concerts" were not made by me, and that the NME are wrong to put my name next to these quotes.
Furthermore, I would like to stress that my knowledge and involvement with "season tickets" and ticket prices for the upcoming shows is zero, and I have nothing at all to do with the way by which tickets are sold or priced. People who think I am involved in that side of the presentation overestimate me - I actually have pitifully short legs - there's only so much I can do.
Thanks to those of you who have bought tickets, and thanks to those even considering coming along. With so many US concerts this year your loyalty has already been over-stretched, so if you decide to pass, that's OK.
Morrissey, 28 August 2007.
[Profile] [PM]

monsterH

Post 23-Oct-2007 14:29 (after 1 month 24 days)

[Quote]

FYI on Professor Johnny's view - it's a quick tidbit, probably a throwaway line, but regardless, from yesterday's NME:
http://web.nme.com/news/the-smiths/31972
Johnny Marr: 'The Smiths might reform'
The guitarist won't rule out reunion
22.Oct.07 5:13pm
Johnny Marr has said that The Smiths may reform.
Different members of the band have ruled out offers of reuniting over the years, with Morrissey most recently revealing that he turned down a near £40 million offer to tour again.
However, Marr has told BBC Five Live's Victoria Derbyshire that "stranger things have happened so, you know, who knows?"
He added: "It's no biggy. Maybe we will in 10 or 15 years time when we all need to for whatever reasons, but right now Morrissey is doing his thing and I'm doing mine, so that's the answer really."
[Profile] [PM]

mg196

Post 23-Oct-2007 17:15 (after 2 hours 46 minutes)

[Quote]

Remember, there are rumors of a box-set, so it's a good thing for the boys to keep stirring the pot. Naturally, there's no place better to do that than the NME.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 23-Oct-2007 18:16 (after 1 hour 1 minute)

[Quote]

FYI on Professor Johnny's view - it's a quick tidbit, probably a throwaway line, but regardless, from yesterday's NME:
http://web.nme.com/news/the-smiths/31972
Johnny Marr: 'The Smiths might reform'
The guitarist won't rule out reunion
22.Oct.07 5:13pm
Johnny Marr has said that The Smiths may reform.
Different members of the band have ruled out offers of reuniting over the years, with Morrissey most recently revealing that he turned down a near £40 million offer to tour again.
However, Marr has told BBC Five Live's Victoria Derbyshire that "stranger things have happened so, you know, who knows?"
He added: "It's no biggy. Maybe we will in 10 or 15 years time when we all need to for whatever reasons, but right now Morrissey is doing his thing and I'm doing mine, so that's the answer really."
A similar interview was on BBC Radio Five Live yesterday.
Don't remember the 10 or 15 years time part but he did say something like "stranger things have happened, but not much stranger" and "Morrissey is doing his thing and i'm doing mine..."
Maybe they were similar replies to the same sort of questions?
[Profile] [PM]

JamesDean

Post 20-Nov-2007 05:28 (after 27 days)

[Quote]

honestly I don't even know if I would like them to re-unite it's been so many years. I am not sure how I would feel about it
~JD
[Profile] [PM]

BeerFunk

Post 03-Feb-2008 19:20 (after 2 months 13 days)

[Quote]

It could never be the same, the current Morrissey is nothing like the Morrissey from 20 years ago.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 05-Feb-2008 07:03 (after 1 day 11 hours)

[Quote]

It could never be the same, the current Morrissey is nothing like the Morrissey from 20 years ago.
Exactly. "Not like the old days anymore"
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 05-Feb-2008 17:07 (after 10 hours)

[Quote]

Pink Floyd aren't the same as they were 38 years ago but they were f**king brilliant on Live8. Led Zep aren't the same as they were 33 years ago, but they were f**king brilliant at the Ahmet Ertugun tribute.
Put your rose-tinted glasses on and hope for the best ;)
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 05-Feb-2008 22:43 (after 5 hours)

[Quote]

Pink Floyd aren't the same as they were 38 years ago but they were f**king brilliant on Live8. Led Zep aren't the same as they were 33 years ago, but they were f**king brilliant at the Ahmet Ertugun tribute.
Put your rose-tinted glasses on and hope for the best ;)
Nah, f**k the money-spinning reunion.
The beauty of the Smiths for me was the quality of the songs, "Everyday is like sunday" was the last Morrissey song i heard worthy of the Smiths and that was 21 years ago i believe.
I'm not saying everything else he's done has been shite but just that it's simply not good enough to be the Smiths.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 10-Dec 20:19