1986-10-26 London Palladium

Go to page :   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

SweetFA

Longevity: 13 years

Post 20-Aug-2007 18:24

[Quote]

Just watching it now, interesting that they go straight into Rusholme Ruffians without (Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame.....
Nice picture and very good sound, thanks.
Who is that person that keeps talking in the middle of songs though, did they get dirty looks Steve?
[Profile] [PM]

dara

Longevity: 12 years

Post 21-Aug-2007 04:56 (after 10 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks you very much Steve! Wonderful! Seeing I Know It's Over is worth the price of admission.
[Profile] [PM]

syncursor

Post 21-Aug-2007 13:17 (after 8 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks very much for sharing :-) Cheers !
[Profile] [PM]

cheesestraws

Post 21-Aug-2007 22:00 (after 8 hours)

[Quote]

Again, thanks. You're a legend.
[Profile] [PM]

clarkondrums

Post 24-Aug-2007 21:39 (after 2 days 23 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks so much for sharing!!
[Profile] [PM]

pjlm

Post 29-Aug-2007 16:58 (after 4 days)

[Quote]

Steve,
I am a bit late for this, but I have a question for you. You say in the description that you finally decided to keep the recording's original audio instead of overdubbing a better one. But I just compared this with what I already had and it doesn't seem to have your original audio. I assume what I already had has your original audio. This one you just put up has the better recording that was seeded here in the past year.
Now it's not impossible my previous version was the one that was overdubbed, but it isn't really likely. I've had it for quite a while, from before technology made it easy enough for fans to remaster video recordings. Also it would mean the 'remasterer' would have overdubbed an inferior recording.
cheers,
Stephane
[Profile] [PM]

steve ®

Post 30-Aug-2007 07:51 (after 14 hours)

[Quote]

hi Stephane,
I guess I didn't make it that clear. I've overdubbed the first part of the show with the good audio recording that I have.
I then tried to overdub the audio that I downloaded from here for the encores. This may have been fractionally better than the video audio in places, but it had bits missing and had varying speed, and in the end I decided just to leave the video audio for the encores.
The Audio I used for the first part of the show, is certainly the best I've heard of the show. I've either misplaced the 2nd CD (unlikely) or I was only sent the first one. I'll post was I have in a few weeks.
[Profile] [PM]

pjlm

Post 30-Aug-2007 14:26 (after 6 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks Steve... Then the recorder of the good audio you dubbed over the first part of the show must have been standing near the recorder of the recording seeded here a few months ago because I hear the same voices near them.
For example right before the opening notes to "What She Said" you can hear some girl saying a few words on your 'remastered' DVD, and you can also hear her on the recording seeded here. Or could it be that they are the same recording after all?
This sounds nitpicky but for the sake of accuracy on PJLM I like to know how many different recordings are out there.
cheers,
Stephane
[Profile] [PM]

steve ®

Post 30-Aug-2007 15:03 (after 36 minutes)

[Quote]

could be. I really only listened to the encore of the version seeded here, as the other version was clearly superior. I've never heard the encore from that, so it's possible it has all the same bits missing. Maybe the version seeded here is the same, only an nth generation copy. It's certainly been copied quite a few times judging by the variations in speed.
I would say it's unlikely that 2 seperate recordings would pick up the same conversation There's quite a few bits where someone is talking (and obviously close to the taper), which would be unlikely to be picked up by 2 different recordings, unless the tapers were sitting pretty much next to each other, which is unlikely in an all seated venue.
I got my CD direct from the taper ... David (Jones I think), aka AudioVaults
BTW ... trying to overdub the 12.12.86 show has led me to believe that both the audio version seeded here and 'Somebody Waved Goodbye' do not have TQID from the actual concert, as neither matched the audio from the video.
[Profile] [PM]

cheesestraws

Post 30-Aug-2007 18:18 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

Have some sleeves. 600dpi jpgs.
http://www.houseofinfinitezen.com/SmithsSleeves/Palladium_disc.jpg
http://www.houseofinfinitezen.com/SmithsSleeves/Palladium_sleeve.jpg
Small version:
[Profile] [PM]

Irish Budd

Post 31-Aug-2007 22:01 (after 1 day 3 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks for this upgrade and all the time and work you put into sharing these amazing concerts.
Cheers
[Profile] [PM]

morrissey78

Post 15-Oct-2007 07:36 (after 1 month 14 days)

[Quote]

THANKSSS!!!!!
[Profile] [PM]

lazarus

Post 15-Oct-2007 16:18 (after 8 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks again, made my week !
[Profile] [PM]

leche27

Post 01-Dec-2007 16:16 (after 1 month 15 days)

[Quote]

Any chance to get a seed on this for a little while? I have uploaded several of my personal Morrissey masters to this board but am a little late in grabbing this one. Thanks if you can help!
[Profile] [PM]

leche27

Post 04-Dec-2007 04:31 (after 2 days 12 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks so much for the seed...you guys are awesome!
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 19-Nov 02:00