What's your favorite Smiths show/ bootleg?

Reply to topic

cripplecreek ®

Longevity: 10 years

Post 11-Aug-2007 17:17

[Quote]

ssia.
I'm new and looking for hints
I just dwnlded 1986.07.20 at University Of Salford and love it. A couple of yall have recommended Thank Your Lucky Stars, Same Day Again, & anything from their Peel Sessions. And I was wondering what else yall thought was worth looking for?
I've have another question. I read somewhere that the Salford show is also called "Humdrum Town" and other shows are given titles (ie Thank & Same Day - is this normal? (I've never seen anything like this in the US - we usually just label our shows by the date/ venue/ city).
BTW. If yall are looking for some shows from other bands (in particular American bands) let me know - I may be able to help you out.
Take Care,
Kyle
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Longevity: 11 years

Post 11-Aug-2007 17:52 (after 34 minutes)

[Quote]

Concerts are sometimes given names to identify one concert recording from another. Much better than Source-1, Source-2, Source-1-upgrade, Source-1+2-Matrix ad-infinitum ;)
Also quite a few gigs are sold on vinyl and CD and all these have to have something fancy on the cover and "1986.07.20 at University Of Salford" doesn't quite grab the attention, whereas "The Smiths live in Humdrum Town" kind of grabs you by the boo boo, don't it.
[Profile] [PM]

cripplecreek ®

Post 11-Aug-2007 18:19 (after 27 minutes)

[Quote]

Concerts are sometimes given names to identify one concert recording from another. Much better than Source-1, Source-2, Source-1-upgrade, Source-1+2-Matrix ad-infinitum ;)
Also quite a few gigs are sold on vinyl and CD and all these have to have something fancy on the cover and "1986.07.20 at University Of Salford" doesn't quite grab the attention, whereas "The Smiths live in Humdrum Town" kind of grabs you by the boo boo, don't it.
:lol: It does. And there's nothing wrong with getting your boo boo grabbed ;
I was a bit confused at first. wasn't sure if the torrents were shows/ bootlegs or if they were singles or compilations. I try and avoid dwnlding anything the bands are selling so I wanted to double check.
It's a wonder America hasn't caught on. There are bands here with thousands of shows in circulation and it's kinda cool having names for all the shows.
Actually, on second thought, it's not all that surprising America hasn't taken it in, hell, we still refuse to adopt the metric system and what the whole world calls football we call soccer.
[Profile] [PM]

boltex

Post 20-Oct-2007 00:21 (after 2 months 8 days)

[Quote]

I try and avoid dwnlding anything the bands are selling so I wanted to double check.
uh, the smiths do not exist since 1987 ...
it about time people realize sharing is not pirating and that sharing is what "jezus" wanted us to do all-along! ;)
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 23-Oct 11:51