how to use Trader's Little Helper and Tau Analyzer...and a few other questions

Reply to topic

fgraciano1980 ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 07-Aug-2007 23:43

[Quote]

hello, i was just curious to know how to use Trader's Little Helper and Tau Analyzer to check for mp3 sourced stuff and what to look for. also ive seen some screen shots of spectral views and i was wondering what program can i use to see this and what am i supposed to look for when looking for mp3 sourced material?
another question i have is regarding audio from a digital broadcast or satellite tv broadcast. arent these compressed? will running it through one of the programs i mentioned above bring back messages saying its from a compressed source? whats an acceptable kbps for digital and satellite tv broadcasts?
another question is what settings am i supposed to use when i convert flac to wav? i use goldwave as my main audio editing program.
any info will be appreciated! :mrgreen:
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 08-Aug-2007 07:10 (after 7 hours)

[Quote]

I use Tau Analyzer to check for MP3s. If it's a CD you're checking then just use the Windows version. If you're checking WAV files then there's a command line version which is a bit more fiddly but I can help you with if you get stuck.
Digital broadcast and satellite TV both use a kind of mpeg compression on their audio as far as I know. They're usually pretty similar to MP3.
The frequency analysis you see here is usually from Adobe Audition I think. I'm sure someone else will confirm that.
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 08-Aug-2007 09:35 (after 2 hours 24 minutes)

[Quote]

For Frequency Analysis I use either Abobe Audition or more often than not it's predecessor Cool Edit Pro.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 23-Oct 06:08