1984-03-12 Hammersmith Palais, London (Last of the English Roses bootleg)

Go to page :   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Miblo

Longevity: 8 years 3 months

Post 30-May-2009 01:47

[Quote]

Thanks for jumping on to this, and thank you very much for sharing, DavidA!
Just something to consider: I've recently started contributing to MusicBrainz and organising my music according to its style guides, but in order for me to organise the recordings I download from here I can no longer seed them without the torrent appearing incomplete and rtorrent redownloading the metatags. I'm just wondering if our sharers here wouldn't mind tagging the files according to MusicBrainz's style guides before creating the torrent file. It is quite something to ask, but if the recording is already in MusicBrainz's database, then the process can be automated with their Picard software. It's open source so should be available for absolutely anyone (in possession of a computer, which of course we must all be!) to install. I've started contributing the recordings I've downloaded from here, and will continue to do so for ones I download in the future which are not already in the database. The reason for my waiting until I've downloaded the concerts is so I can record the track lengths along with all the other information.
Just an idea, and anyone is free to contribute to MusicBrainz, just as they are here, provided they have something worth contributing!
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 30-May-2009 22:13 (after 20 hours)

[Quote]

I like the MusicBrainz software. Perhaps you could start this topic in a new thread in the Misc section? If you have links to what you've done so far then I'd love to see it.
[Profile] [PM]

Welly

Longevity: 7 years 9 months

Post 18-Feb-2010 03:05 (after 8 months 18 days)

[Quote]

DavidA- Thanks for uploading this and continuing to seed. Stuck at 60% and your continued help is appreciated.
Welly
[Profile] [PM]

desperate_one

Longevity: 7 years 9 months

Post 03-Apr-2010 22:23 (after 1 month 13 days)

[Quote]

One of my favorite recordings.Thank you.
[Profile] [PM]

whiskybob

Longevity: 5 years 9 months

Post 20-Oct-2011 17:10 (after 1 year 6 months)

[Quote]

Signed up today having just bought the "complete" remastered series having previously bought the vinyl and cd's....but that's another story.
I was at this gig and remember getting the cassette shortly after at a record fayre....those were the days!!!
Thanks for the upload, as a n00b i'll be sure to leave my tubes open for other future leechers
Thanks again
David.
[Profile] [PM]

ianmacd

Longevity: 5 years 6 months

Post 23-Mar-2012 19:30 (after 5 months 3 days)

[Quote]

Many thanks for this.
[Profile] [PM]

gius

Longevity: 10 years

Post 05-Sep-2012 12:01 (after 5 months 12 days)

[Quote]

many thanks
[Profile] [PM]

JasonT

Post 06-Sep-2012 03:29 (after 15 hours)

[Quote]

Thank you!
[Profile] [PM]

sabbath76

Longevity: 4 years 5 months

Post 01-Jun-2013 12:28 (after 8 months 25 days)

[Quote]

Thank you for ths show.
I don't store flac files because they can' be played on my ipod for instance. So I convert every flac I get to 320kbs mp3.
I use goldwave to make the conversion. I was looking at the spectogram of some songs and to me the flac conversi├│n wasn't done from a WAV file but from a 128kbs mp3.
I hope anyone else can confirm otherwise.

Last edited by sabbath76 on 2013-06-01 22:50; edited 1 time in total
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 01-Jun-2013 17:09 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

I did a source check on all the Smiths recordings here a while back. Most were fine but a few appeared to have come from a lossy source.
I don't think this is one of them since it came from a silver bootleg CD that predates MP3. I'll have a look at a spectogram later. Feel free to post one.
[Profile] [PM]

purpleronnie

Post 16-Sep-2013 18:38 (after 3 months 15 days)

[Quote]

This recording although good always sounds sped up to me. Anyone else?
[Profile] [PM]

sapsteel

Longevity: 6 years 5 months

Post 20-Sep-2013 18:47 (after 4 days)

[Quote]

Always sounded sped up to me and wowy ( I mean it seems to waver speed up slow down etc>> ) never understood how its often referred to as one of the better ones from that time>
[Profile] [PM]

purpleronnie

Post 20-Sep-2013 19:54 (after 1 hour 6 minutes)

[Quote]

me neither. Thought I was the only one. It would be great if someone could perhaps have a go at improving it.
Hint hint!!!!!
:D
[Profile] [PM]

savbomb

Longevity: 5 years 2 months

Post 25-Sep-2013 23:01 (after 5 days)

[Quote]

It wouldn't be on my list - whatever you do, it's never going to sound fantastic. But it wouldn't be hard to do a speed-correction and maybe a bit of extra bass, which it could probably benefit from. Vote below if you would like this.
[Profile] [PM]

fab eberhard

Longevity: 7 years 3 months

Post 26-Sep-2013 01:07 (after 2 hours 5 minutes)

[Quote]

it's not without its charm but its speed issues are deep. i would say this is not a simple speed correction... only casually listen to the version i have now so another is not on my list
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 18-Aug 12:50