Pink Floyd

Go to page :   Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

sd26

Longevity: 9 years 6 months

Post 23-Jul-2010 19:57

[Quote]

Please don't talk that way you fool. The Smiths are easily the best band that have ever been around. I pity you and your hidious views which you so horrifically inflict upon this site. In order to back my point up I shall mention that The Smiths were voted the most influential band ever even beating the beatles. Pink Floyd may be OK-ish but they will never even come close to comparing to The Smiths.
Love the smiths but dont be stupid, Pink Floyd in a league of their own
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Longevity: 13 years

Post 23-Jul-2010 20:10 (after 12 minutes)

[Quote]

Got a few Pink Floyd CDs, they're ok but they just don't compare to The Smiths.
It's like comparing Marillion to The Stones or The Beatles man!
[Profile] [PM]

ravenslament.

Longevity: 10 years

Post 24-Jul-2010 07:20 (after 11 hours)

[Quote]

well it reminds me of a conversation i had with someone quite a few years back when he liked yes and i liked hawkwind (which i still do) . he gave me a yes compilation and vice versa . we both agreed to disagree he couldn't get the sonic psychedelica of hawkwind and i just couldn't get yes at all . so to compare and contrast two bands that have musical differences like the smiths and floyd is like giving somebody a lobotomy to remove their appendix .
i like both floyd and the smiths but come on , the smiths were and are , far better lyrically and musically . floyd played some good music but to me the smiths were more tighter and gave more expression through their songs . to me anyway , morrissey was/is more of an entertainer than any of floyd put together . you could be the best musician in the world but if you don't have the crowd eating out of your hand then you have failed .
so leave petty squabbles for the playground and celebrate the smiths et al . i think i may start a new thread - miss he pulled my hair .....!!!!!!!! ;o}
[Profile] [PM]

smorrissey

Longevity: 13 years

Post 24-Apr-2011 22:26 (after 9 months)

[Quote]

Flaming post!
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 19-Jan 13:31