Randeep ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 29-Apr-2006 17:29

[Quote]

Pink Floyd are way better than The Smiths its a fact
[Profile] [PM]

Mozalini

Post 29-Apr-2006 17:59 (after 30 minutes)

[Quote]

Please don't talk that way you fool. The Smiths are easily the best band that have ever been around. I pity you and your hidious views which you so horrifically inflict upon this site. In order to back my point up I shall mention that The Smiths were voted the most influential band ever even beating the beatles. Pink Floyd may be OK-ish but they will never even come close to comparing to The Smiths.
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 29-Apr-2006 18:32 (after 32 minutes)

[Quote]

I am a fan of both groups owning every single (known to be in circulation) gig of the Floyd from 67-71 and many, many more after that date, but to put your post on a Smiths site is plainly asking for trouble. Both groups are so different that they can't be compared and sensibly shouldn't.
[Profile] [PM]

Randeep ®

Post 29-Apr-2006 19:12 (after 40 minutes)

[Quote]

lol ok didnt mean for any offence
[Profile] [PM]

Mozalini

Post 29-Apr-2006 19:13 (after 47 seconds)

[Quote]

Ok well seeing as this is a Smiths/Morrissey forum think carefully about what you say before you say it next time.
[Profile] [PM]

slurms

Post 29-Apr-2006 19:45 (after 31 minute)

[Quote]

I respect your opinion Randeep, but you're wrong.
What other bands mix depressing lyrics with cheerful music?
What other bands have an amazing frontman, amazing guitarist, amazing bassist and an amazing drummer?
What other bands have many successful/brilliant albums?
Certainly not Pink Floyd.
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 29-Apr-2006 20:13 (after 28 minutes)

[Quote]

Actually you are wrong in that last post Slurms. "Wish you were here" had somewhat depressing lyrics and rather upbeat music, as did "The Wall" as did "Dark Side of the Moon". Granted the music wasn't as upbeat as The Smiths music but we are talking different genre's here. Is it really possible to have upbeat (Progressive) Rock ?
You can't get much better frontmen than Waters/Gilmour. Or guitarists as Waters/Gilmour. Mason is no slouch on the drums either
Floyd have sold more albums than the Smiths and each and every one is a true classic with the odd exception (Final Cut)
[Profile] [PM]

Mozalini

Post 29-Apr-2006 20:44 (after 30 minutes)

[Quote]

In defence of slurms I must say one thing I personally don't think that pink floyd could do depressing lyrics and upbeat music with as much pure intelligence and wit as Morrissey and The Smiths ever did. Pink Floyd were incredibly successful in sales but at the end of the day I think more people would say that Morrissey's music and The Smiths music were so much more meaningful within music and peoples lives.

Last edited by Mozalini on 2006-04-30 10:28; edited 1 time in total
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 29-Apr-2006 21:42 (after 57 minutes)

[Quote]

I have to agree with you on the second part of the first sentence, the Smiths did have some great wit (and Morrissey still does), but more intelligent lyrics??? I think not.
I have to totally disagree with your second sentence. People have committed suicide, got married, given birth and been burried to the strains of The Floyd. Can the same be said of The Smiths ? probably not.
I love The Smiths but let's not get carried away.
[Profile] [PM]

ChinoRios

Post 29-Apr-2006 23:29 (after 1 hour 47 minutes)

[Quote]

Hmmm compare Pink Floyd with The Smiths is like to make a compare between apple with pears, is different kind of music, if you like more pink floyd good for you, everyone have a favorite band or singer, what is the best for one cant be for other.
Cheers
[Profile] [PM]

Mozalini

Post 30-Apr-2006 10:37 (after 11 hours)

[Quote]

We had this argument at school a few weeks ago and the exact same response seemed to come up. By the way me, slurms and randeep are at the same school. It was pretty pointless of randeep starting this thread as he already knew the response that he was going to get.
[Profile] [PM]

Randeep ®

Post 11-May-2006 17:33 (after 11 days)

[Quote]

How can u call the smiths cheerful " Girlfriend in a coma" "Panic" theyre a good band theyre amazing but theyre not really cheerful
[Profile] [PM]

E

Post 12-May-2006 18:58 (after 1 day 1 hour)

[Quote]

subjective argument and a pointless debate.
you can debate which is the best of the two bands until the cows come home.
I like both bands but I prefer The Smiths by far. That's a personal opinion and the biggest Pink Floyd fan in the world can rant all s/he likes all the merits that justify Floyd being a better band, it's still not going to change my mind.
tis a silly and childish thread.
Raindeep has probably posted the same thing on Beatles, U2, Rolling Stones, Take That and Bucks Fizz fansites.
for the purpose of what exactly?
[Profile] [PM]

Mozalini

Post 18-May-2006 17:21 (after 5 days)

[Quote]

that's true good point. Randeep should grow up and start to realise that he is hardly the brightest guy posting this thread on a smiths forum.
[Profile] [PM]

Randeep ®

Post 19-May-2006 22:10 (after 1 day 4 hours)

[Quote]

Shutup lol na Im starting to like The Smiths better now believe it or not I'm listening to "Bigmouth Strikes Again" amazing song
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 25-Jun 08:33