Error message

Reply to topic

dlgladwin ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 25-Apr-2006 07:53

[Quote]

Trying to jump on the Troy Hands... torrent this morning, I got this error message:
"Aborting the torrent as it was rejected by the tracker while not connected to any peers.
Message from the tracker:
Only 1 torrent(s) allowed for leeching (ratio < 0.3)"
What can I do to stop this happening?
[Profile] [PM]

skippy

Post 25-Apr-2006 08:32 (after 39 minutes)

[Quote]

You can only download 1 torrent at a time if your upload\download ratio is below 0.3; you will find that when you share more you will be able to download more than 1 torrent at a time.
[Profile] [PM]

dlgladwin ®

Post 25-Apr-2006 08:52 (after 19 minutes)

[Quote]

Hang on - it seems to work now. Trouble was, an old torrent jumped up at first when I fired up Bittorrent (you know how I mean) and I think this persuaded the tracker that I was up to no good.
Now that I've closed all my explorer windows and re-opened, all seems well.
Now to sit and seed awhile, to get that ratio up!
[Profile] [PM]

akiraware

Post 25-Apr-2006 11:49 (after 2 hours 56 minutes)

[Quote]

How the ratio works?
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 25-Apr-2006 17:54 (after 6 hours)

[Quote]

In your user profile it will tell you how much you have uploaded vs downloaded. Mine says...
Total uploaded: 50.16 GB
Total downloaded: 13.27 GB
UL/DL Ratio: 3.78
If your ratio is really low (i.e. you've downloaded way more than you've uploaded) then the tracker software on this site will force you to do some more uploading.
[Profile] [PM]

steve23yh

Longevity: 10 years

Post 03-Mar-2007 13:10 (after 10 months 7 days)

[Quote]

Hi,
Comfortable with the concept of the below 0.3. I'm trying my hardest to push my ratio up, but I'm still only at 0.25 (I seem to have the gigs nobody wants!).
But..
I just tried to set the Manchester 31-03-85 torrent downloading, and I'm getting the error message. Thing is, it's the only one I'm trying to leech. I've got two available for seeding, one of which is uploading, but nothing else is leeching.
How can I kick it into life?? BTW ABC V3.1.
SR
Update - half an hour later is suddenly started working. Still wonder why the message was appearing for the only torrent I was trying to leech though!
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 03-Mar-2007 16:39 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

I don't think this tracker is the best in the world. It's not even the latest version, but I'm too scared to upgrade.
[Profile] [PM]

steve23yh

Post 04-Mar-2007 09:30 (after 16 hours)

[Quote]

It's working now so no sweat! It's the content that makes this the best tracker in the world!!
[Profile] [PM]

steve23yh

Post 25-Aug-2007 13:39 (after 5 months 21 day)

[Quote]

Help!
Seven months on and it's happened again.
I finished a download on Tuesday (I think it was) and haven't had anything on D/L since.
We're away for the weekend and have free broadband, so I thought I'd D/L a vid. My laptop clearly had some old data on it from a while back, including probably one Smiths torrent. I cleared all that down - but the 0.3 message has come back (especially frustrating as I only dropped below 0.3 doing that D/L on Tuesday!).
I'm not downloading any other Smiths torrents, I've rebooted twice and shut everything down, but the tracker is insistent that I've got another torrent.
How can I get it to accept what's really the case?!!
Many thanks in advance.
SR
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 25-Aug-2007 13:48 (after 9 minutes)

[Quote]

No offense here but you seem quite happy sitting on a 0.3 upload/download ratio. With 21 gigabytes of music downloaded, you can't tell me that nobody wants what you have. I am nearly always seeding one concert or another and nearly always somebody is taking something from me.
Give seeding a go, it may make you smile ;)
[Profile] [PM]

steve23yh

Post 25-Aug-2007 13:55 (after 7 minutes)

[Quote]

Cheers Flea,
Seed as often as I can which, other than usually the last few days of the month when I'm running out of bandwidth, is about 90% of the time. Find it strange just how few torrents are active at any one time, however. I often have anywhere up to 20 torrents available, but rarely are there more than one or two actually being downloaded. Have deleted nowt though, so will continue to seed whenever anyone actually wants them!
BTW, the vid torrent did eventually start. I'm guessing that there's a timing constraint built into the tracker if you delete a torrent or torrent details.
SR
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 25-Aug-2007 14:02 (after 6 minutes)

[Quote]

Try reducing the torrents you have running. I never have more than 4 torrents running at any one time. If a torrent has no activity after 12/24 hours remove it and replace it with another one, there's lots to choose from.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 12-Dec 00:40