Where did The Smiths fans go ?

Reply to topic

the Flea ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 21-Apr-2007 17:04

[Quote]

Just where exactly did The Smiths fans go once the group split up. Here's my break down of the fans on a percentage level. Pure pie-in-the-sky nonsense but interesting to see if you all agree or disagree:-
40% of The Smiths fans followed the Moz man
25% of The Smiths fans followed Mr. Marr
20% of The Smiths fans were fickle and went elsewhere for their music needs
10% of The Smiths fans try and follow all the band members music endeavors
5% of The Smiths fans followed either Andy Rourke and/or Mike Joyce
[Profile] [PM]

cro_morrissey

Post 21-Apr-2007 17:53 (after 49 minutes)

[Quote]

quite interesting!
;)
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 21-Apr-2007 18:38 (after 44 minutes)

[Quote]

I guess I was fickle and went elsewhere, but then I only really got to the Smiths shortly after they broke up.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 21-Apr-2007 19:30 (after 51 minute)

[Quote]

I guess I was fickle and went elsewhere, but then I only really got to the Smiths shortly after they broke up.
Ditto, got into The Smiths just before "Rank" came out when i was copying a US import of "Louder Than Bombs" for my sister which the local library had somehow got hold of.
Started to get bored with Morrissey when he (IMHO) went downhill, probably around "Picadilly Palare" time.
To be perfectly honest apart from "Viva Hate" there's none of his solo stuff i listen to, the last album of his i bought was either "Bona Drag" or "Kill Uncle" and neither has been played for at least 10 years.
"My Love Life" was the last solo Moz single i bought, when i heard "We hate it when our friends..." and "You're the one for me fatty" i decided my money would be better spent elsewhere.
I've heard "Your Arsenal" and "Vauxhall And I" and i thought they sounded like a Smiths pastiche at best, although i must admit "Glamourous Glue" and "The More You Ignore Me...." are quite good.
I bought "The Beat(en) Generation" by The The and "Getting Away With It" and "Get The Message" by Electronic and also Kirsty Maccoll's "Kite" album that Marr played on.
[Profile] [PM]

Stubs

Longevity: 10 years

Post 22-Apr-2007 11:39 (after 16 hours)

[Quote]

Hi Flea,
I think I'm part of the 10% who tried to follow all members (even Craig Cannon) :wink: .
Up to today I have to admit that I like most of the stuff the former Smiths did till today (even the Pet Shop Boys). :wink:
I just have a little problem with the Modest Mouse stuff; it's not the music or Johnny Marr's guitars ... I think, I simply don't like the singer's voice :(
I think it's time to leave the court case behind them & come together playing a few new songs ...
Maybe just one or two ... that would be enough ... for the very beginning. 8) 8)
Greetings to all
Stubs
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 24-Oct 11:22