[Quote]

Nice one! Thanks
[Profile] [PM]

akiraware ®

Longevity: 13 years

Post 25-Apr-2006 14:08 (after 5 hours)

[Quote]

Hi David,
I made this bootleg seven years ago more or less, so I don´t remember exactly, from wich bootlegs I pick all the tracks.
Jeane and Pretty Girls I rip from the singles, at that time a lot of people ask me to copy the singles only because this tracks so I prefer put inside a compilation instead copying my originals
I think I get most tracks from "The Troy Tate Sessions" Undercover Records pressing and "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle" from Strangled records.
I do this work in a bad time for the first time collectors, I remember to get many angry emails because I´m putting the tracks online for download!!! The most "collectors" are interested in sell copies of bootlegs, I paid $35.00 for my first copy of "Thank Your Lucky Stars" and MP3 is taking your first steps in the web, many times my site was down because someone report to my host wich I´m sharing MP3!!!
I move to paid hosting in 2000 to avoid this problems, but since them peer to peer sharing become a incontrolable way to share and no hosting company is takedown customers because of MP3 anymore.
Today I´m very happy the way the thing is going, now even Loss Less can be shared without a problem, but 10 years ago this actual situation is a wonderfull dream!!! :wink:
[Profile] [PM]

dlgladwin

Post 25-Apr-2006 15:54 (after 1 hour 46 minutes)

[Quote]

I have an error in my files - track 2 (You've Got Everything Now) is unreadable!
What should I do? Delete the file and start leeching again?
[Profile] [PM]

akiraware ®

Post 25-Apr-2006 16:58 (after 1 hour 3 minutes)

[Quote]

Hi I think you can save the good tracks and download again selecting only the track with problem
[Profile] [PM]

batnaMMV

Post 25-Apr-2006 17:54 (after 56 minutes)

[Quote]

A really great bootleg. The alternative mixes are great quality. What Difference Does It Make (Alternative) is really interesting. Crazy vocals at the end.
So is it just me, or do the first set (core) sound too slow? Is it in a different key or is it just too slow? For what it's worth, they're the same speed on my Sign Here bootleg. What Difference Does It Make sounds way longer than the version on The Smiths, the version on Hatful as well as the alternative version here.
So there are three sets:
Core (included here, but seem slow)
Alternative (labelled as 'fewer' in Stephane's notes)
Remixes (which we have in MP3 and robbo has on a DAT)
Are the two official Troy Tate demos covered on this CD?
Jeane (from This Charming Man CD5) as track 12.
Pretty Girls Make Graves (from Stop Me CD5) as track 16.
They sound like it to me.
Yes, the core sessions (excluding Jeane) are too slow and probably in the wrong key. I have a bootleg called 'The Troy Tate Sessions' which has the core 12 at correct speed and pitch.
EDIT: uploaded the 'Troy Tate Sessions' here:
http://smithstorrents.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=468#468
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 25-Apr-2006 18:34 (after 40 minutes)

[Quote]

Akiraware, I had no idea you put that original version together. I can well believe that the people trying to sell bootlegs would be mad at you for giving it away for free.
Batna, thanks for the revised Troy Tate sessions. I think at this rate (with robbo's contribution) we ought to be able to put together the ultimate Troy Tate sessions bootleg.
[Profile] [PM]

bclark93

Post 26-Apr-2006 12:52 (after 18 hours)

[Quote]

Thank You :)
[Profile] [PM]

maladjusted97

Post 26-Apr-2006 17:29 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

I am sick and I am dull and I am plain
so please, please, please let me get what i want
oh let me get my hands... on these audio files
Could anybody tell me how to download them?
Grateful to death
roggissey
[Profile] [PM]

akiraware ®

Post 26-Apr-2006 17:57 (after 27 minutes)

[Quote]

I am sick and I am dull and I am plain
so please, please, please let me get what i want
oh let me get my hands... on these audio files
Could anybody tell me how to download them?
Grateful to death
roggissey
You have a torrent program, like Utorrent in your PC?
If yes click in the attachment in the main post and open the link
[Profile] [PM]

waterisnat

Post 29-Apr-2006 06:01 (after 2 days 12 hours)

[Quote]

The Smiths
The Troy Hands Rocks The Cradle
Troy Tate
Source: Many CDR Bootlegs > EAC WAVS > FLAC
Thank you very much for this collection. As it happens, I have made a similar collection for myself, for which I used the best sources available on original silver disc bootlegs + one official CD-single. They are:
- "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle" (NuNoize NUN 005; 1992): this is an excellent transfer from the previously released vinyl bootleg of the same title (Trash Records TR7) for tracks 1-11. (This bootleg CD, which also has "Jeane" - taken from a poor copy of the TCM 7" and with the first beat incomplete - + 7 unreleased BBC-tracks in good, but unspectacular sound, was later pirated in the "May we have a recording contract" series);
- the alternate mixes of "Reel Around The Fountain", "Miserable Lie" and "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle" that first appeared, out of the blue, on the bootleg CD "Reel Around The Fountain", put out by the fantastic bootleg label, Chelsea Records S.A.R.L. (CFC 018);
- the alternate mixes of "What Difference Does It Make?", "Accept Yourself" and "Wonderful Woman" that first appeared on the bootleg CD "Wonderful Woman", released simultaneously with the previous one as CFC 019.
Because of the clear sonic differences between the first 11 tracks and the 6 alternative mixes, I decided to mix Jeane not with the "core tracks" (as was the case on the "Hand That Rocks The Cradle" bootleg), but with the newly (at the time) surfaced tracks. I put those songs in the following order: "Reel Around The Fountain", "What Difference Does It Make?", "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle", "Wonderful Woman", "Accept Yourself", "Miserable Lie", "Jeane"; I also raised the volume by 2 dB.
I could also have included "Pretty Girls Make Graves" from the re-release CD-EP 1 of "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out", but because it is the exact same take and mix as featured among the "core tracks", I decided to leave it out. To make up for this, I declicked all of the "core tracks" using the pen tool in SoundForge (so no generic "click & pop removal" algorithm) and raised the overall volume by 2.67 dB.
I absolutely do not want to trump anybody's valued contribution to this site, but if there is interest in this collection with known lineage, I wouldn't mind putting it up here.
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 29-Apr-2006 08:27 (after 2 hours 25 minutes)

[Quote]

Very interesting.
Does anyone know who puts out the Chelsea Records bootlegs? They're obviously a fan, and as such are probably someone on morrissey-solo or somesuch.
I think we should do a 'best possible' collection of Troy Tate demos once Robbo has unearthed the remixes. I have a mint LP of 'Hand That Rocks The Cradle' so I might see if I can improve on those core recordings (but I doubt it). I also have Jeane and Pretty Girls from CD singles.
The most important reason for holding out on a new compliation is to get a better take on the remixes. Waterisnat, have you heard the MP3s? Do you think there are new versions in there?
[Profile] [PM]

waterisnat

Post 29-Apr-2006 18:58 (after 10 hours)

[Quote]

Does anyone know who puts out the Chelsea Records bootlegs? They're obviously a fan, and as such are probably someone on morrissey-solo or somesuch.
Remember that this is the same label that previously had already put out the fantastic "Unloveable" and "Asleep" compilations (CFC 002 and CFC 003). I've also got a great REM-bootleg with an early show of theirs on that label (CFC 011).
They started in 1994, I believe. Their very first release was a Pearl Jam-bootleg, number 4 by Suede, don't know about number 5, number 6 was a Morrissey boot ( the "Angelic Upstart" collection), no. 7 the Stone Roses, no. 10 the 10K Maniacs, nos. 13 & 14 U2, no. 21 The Beatles, no. 22 Oasis, no. 23 Stone Roses again, nos. 24 & 25 Blur, and the last number I could find info about on the net was 27 (Oasis again). All in all a mixed bag, so this rather suggests that they had contacts with a huge Smiths collector rather than that the Smiths collector himself was behind the label.
But that's just my guess.
[Profile] [PM]

batnaMMV

Post 29-Apr-2006 19:50 (after 52 minutes)

[Quote]

Waterisnat, If you have declicked "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle" it would be great to listen to. That must have taken some effort to remove all the pops and clicks. Any upgrade in quality is always welcome for tracks as great as these.
Very interesting info about Chelsea Records, out of interest do you know which Oasis and Stone Roses bootlegs they put out? I always thought they were a pretty professional outfit as the quality of their bootlegs (Smiths anyway) were superb.
[Profile] [PM]

dlgladwin

Post 04-May-2006 15:12 (after 4 days)

[Quote]

Just to get this straight: if I burn up a kind of "Troy Hands Rocks the Cradle - Remastered" using the 12 "core" tracks at the correct speed from the "Troy Tate Sessions" bootleg torrented here, and the remaining tracks from the "Troy Hands Rocks the Cradle" torrent, like this…
From “Troy Tate Sessions” bootleg:
01 Reel Around The Fountain
02 You've Got Everything Now
03 Miserable Lie
04 These Things Take Time
05 Wonderful Woman
06 Handsome Devil
07 Suffer Little Children
08 Pretty Girls Make Graves
09 Hand In Glove
10 What Difference Does It Make?
11 I Don't Owe You Anything
12 Jeane
From “Troy Hands Rocks the Cradle” bootleg:
13 Accept Yourself
14 The Hand That Rocks The Cradle
15 Miserable Lie (Alternative Mix)
16 Pretty Girls Make Graves (Alternative Mix)
17 Reel Around The Fountain (Alternative Mix)
18 What Difference Does It Make? (Alternative Mix)
19 Wonderful Woman (Alternative Mix)
…then will everything be running at the correct speed?
[Profile] [PM]

akiraware ®

Post 04-May-2006 19:12 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

Yes, I will do this for me too :wink:
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 20-Sep 01:06