Post 31-Mar-2006 05:45

Topic has been split from Morrissey 1991.10.31 Mountain View CA

DavidA

monsterH ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 31-Mar-2006 06:01

[Quote]

first time torrenting (ABC client), and I am getting this message:
"rejected by tracker - Please LOG IN and REDOWNLOAD this torrent (passkey not found)"
Not sure what I'm doing wrong......help!?
Or is this working....? Feedback please...!
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 31-Mar-2006 19:42 (after 13 hours)

[Quote]

It doesn't seem to be seeding. I won't pretend I'm an expert, but...
Are you seeding the downloaded torrent? The site embeds some info in the .torrent file so that the site can track it properly. Have you downloaded the torrent from this site?
More info here: http://smithstorrents.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=13
Welcome, BTW :)
[Profile] [PM]

monsterH ®

Post 01-Apr-2006 07:28 (after 11 hours)

[Quote]

Yes, I downloaded the torrent file and started seeding. I think it may be firewall problems. On DIME, I always seem to get a (6882) code, and leechers with the same code can't download from me. It's always the ones without any firewall issues that seem to start the download process for themselves and everyone else.
Any suggestions...?
[Profile] [PM]

joelad3

Post 23-Apr-2006 05:46 (after 21 day)

[Quote]

Yes, I downloaded the torrent file and started seeding. I think it may be firewall problems. On DIME, I always seem to get a (6882) code, and leechers with the same code can't download from me. It's always the ones without any firewall issues that seem to start the download process for themselves and everyone else.
Any suggestions...?
The problem may come from firewall / router (modem) settings.
To check if you can configure your router in a better way, you can check this web site: http://www.portforward.com/default.htm
Just select the type of router you have and the torrent client you use.
I had the same problem as you but now it works quite well. Faster transfer and more seeders can be reached.
Good luck.
JD
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 23-Apr-2006 10:57 (after 5 hours)

[Quote]

Unless you're in love with ABC, I'd really recommend a switch to utorrent. It has far less firewall issues and has a feature that tells you if your ports are okay.
[Profile] [PM]

akiraware

Post 23-Apr-2006 17:25 (after 6 hours)

[Quote]

Unless you're in love with ABC, I'd really recommend a switch to utorrent. It has far less firewall issues and has a feature that tells you if your ports are okay.
The Utorrent is excellent I setup and start everything in 10 min even behind a firewall
[Profile] [PM]

monsterH ®

Post 26-Apr-2006 19:08 (after 3 days)

[Quote]

Utorrent seems to work pretty good for torrenting, but the only trouble is that if I try to surf the web at the same time, it is very slow, dial-up slow when Utorrent is also running. I don't run into this with ABC. So I guess I'll Utorrent before going to sleep, but ABC while I'm actively online.
Anyone else run into this? Or is there a fix or config in Utorrent to address my situation...?
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 26-Apr-2006 23:43 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

Utorrent is known to require less CPU and RAM than ABC, so I don't know why you're seeing this.
[Profile] [PM]

batnaMMV

Post 27-Apr-2006 15:42 (after 15 hours)

[Quote]

Utorrent seems to work pretty good for torrenting, but the only trouble is that if I try to surf the web at the same time, it is very slow, dial-up slow when Utorrent is also running. I don't run into this with ABC. So I guess I'll Utorrent before going to sleep, but ABC while I'm actively online.
Anyone else run into this? Or is there a fix or config in Utorrent to address my situation...?
This has happened to me as well. Surfing is very slow whilst I'm seeding torrents with utorrent.
I used to use Azureus which good for surfing but was a major burden on the CPU and RAM.
I suppose this is why utorrent is best, it gobbles up all the bandwidth :lol:
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 27-Apr-2006 16:14 (after 31 minute)

[Quote]

My upload limit is 30K/s.
I have a schedule in utorrent: during hours when I use the internet it's limited to 20k/s upload. Out of hours it goes to maximum.
Try setting a schedule and see if that helps.
[Profile] [PM]

batnaMMV

Post 27-Apr-2006 20:04 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

My upload limit is 30K/s.
I have a schedule in utorrent: during hours when I use the internet it's limited to 20k/s upload. Out of hours it goes to maximum.
Try setting a schedule and see if that helps.
Yes I have now tried the scheduler and it has seemed to solve the problem. Surfing is a lot better now.
[Profile] [PM]

monsterH ®

Post 28-Apr-2006 02:49 (after 6 hours)

[Quote]

DavidA - Thanks for the advice - I shall try it and hope it works for me too...!
[Profile] [PM]

catalina

Post 28-Apr-2006 05:23 (after 2 hours 34 minutes)

[Quote]

Check to see if your hard drive is fragmented. My drive was really fragged, so I defragged it and Utorrent works smooth now and doesn't slow down web surfing.
[Profile] [PM]

monsterH ®

Post 24-May-2006 05:40 (after 26 days)

[Quote]

DavidA - I'm over the learning curve with Utorrent. My problem was a bad cable modem. Now that I've switched it, Utorrent is working much better than ABC, esp. with the encryption and scheduler. Thanks again...!
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 11-Dec 21:08