FELT-The Venue-1983-09-15

Reply to topic

matahari5 ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 20-Oct-2017 19:35

[Quote]

This is by request- This is one of the opening acts for The Smiths show (seeded here- http://www.smithstorrents.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=5296)
This show, combined with the Go Betweens ( seeded here- http://www.smithstorrents.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=5302 )
gives you the whole night back in 1983.
FELT
The Venue, Victoria, London, 15 September 1983 ** Master**
Lineage
Aiwa CM30 > Sony TCS 300 > TDK AD60 (M0) > Nak DR2 > Sony TA-F245R amp > Macbook Pro > Amadeus Pro (at 24/48) > tracksplits and fades > Dithering to 16/44.1 > Xact (Flac8)
01 Red Indians
02 Sunlight Bathed The Golden Glow
03 Cathedral (false start)
04 Cathedral
05 (Tuning and waiting)
06 Mexican Bandits
I’ve not shared this before, although it turns out I already had a digitised copy of this on my hard drive but hadn’t done anything with it. So this was originally transferred back in 2014. On there plus side, i digitised it at 24/48, though i’ve re-sampled it here to 16/44.1 so that it can be burnt to CD (if you can still find any)
This was a Rough Trade Showcase evening. Felt, Go-Betweens and The Smiths - all for £3.00. It doesn’t get much better than that and I put my postal order in the post for a ticket straight away.
I taped all three bands. My Smiths recording has been on Dime already but I’m going to do a 2017 remaster. I’ve just upped the Go Betweens earlier today, so this is the last of the pack.
This was a GREAT evening, though it didn’t start too promisingly. There was a horrible buzz on the PA and it was decided that the stage lights were the cause - so off they went……Felt began playing in almost total darkness, much to Lawrence’s annoyance. With no stage lights, the start of Cathedral was messed up. Someone at the side of the stage had the idea of flicking a light switch on and off in time with the music and this pushed Lawrence even closer to the edge. There was a long pause while they tried to sort things out. Even longer than my tape suggests as there are several tape ‘ons’ and ‘offs’ during the delay. They just about held it together for a fourth number but the teddy was firmly in the corner and Lawrence unplugged and stormed off - abandoning the set during the fourth number. So no need to worry about a tape flip opportunity then…….
The light and sound problems continued for the Go Betweens but had been sorted out by the time the Smiths came on.
I hope you enjoy the gig.
Josef
[Profile] [PM]

crazycol

Longevity: 7 years 9 months

Post 21-Oct-2017 11:38 (after 16 hours)

[Quote]

Thank you so much for sharing these, very much appreciated.
[Profile] [PM]

crazycol

Longevity: 7 years 9 months

Post 23-Oct-2017 11:32 (after 1 day 23 hours)

[Quote]

This recording is excellent.
Very clear over all instruments.
Virtually no crowd noise.
Thanks again for sharing, much appreciated.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 20-Nov 03:56