TQID 2017 re-issue

Reply to topic

savbomb ®

Longevity: 5 years 4 months

Post 20-Jul-2017 13:09

[Quote]

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone doesn't already know.
CD1: New remaster of album.
CD2: Nine demos & outtakes plus remastered b-sides. Probably most of this will turn out to be already available, but not all of it.
CD3 (deluxe version): 13-track live album from Mansfield MA. Six of the tracks performed are not included, but it is possible that these are soundboard recordings and the missing tracks were not actually taped, which is apparently often what happened.
DVD (deluxe version): 24-bit version of the album plus Derek Jarman film. I don't think there's any point to owning the album in 24-bit, so a bit of a missed opportunity for a 5.1 mix, TV appearances etc.
Out 20 October.
https://lnk.to/TQIDMP
[Profile] [PM]

Halloway

Longevity: 4 years 5 months

Post 21-Jul-2017 15:16 (after 1 day 2 hours)

[Quote]

A 5.1 surround mix would be lovely.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Longevity: 11 years

Post 22-Jul-2017 13:11 (after 21 hour)

[Quote]

Tempted to buy the 2cd one and "acquire" the live bit though I do love Rank so maybe I'll buy the lot...
Nice to see the live track list is very different to Rank anyway, keeps things interesting.
DVD has no interest whatsoever, now if there was a pro-shot QID live concert video on it then that'd be different!
If one even exists...
[Profile] [PM]

savbomb ®

Post 22-Jul-2017 17:59 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

If one even exists...
There's definitely pro-shot footage of the Brixton Academy gig from October 1986, possibly shot by French TV. But the only place I'm aware it has ever turned up is in brief clips during this TV interview.
Similarly, there's footage of the concert in San Diego from the US leg in this MTV feature, although it doesn't have the look or sound of a proper concert film.
There's also supposedly semi-pro footage of the Salford Uni gig, organised by Johnny and Angie Marr.
The 1988 video for Ask seems to have been shot at a soundcheck somewhere in 1986, so that could be one more where cameras were also present.
[Profile] [PM]

steve

Post 23-Jul-2017 12:03 (after 18 hours)

[Quote]

That pro footage is not from Brixton 86 ... Morrissey is wearing something completely different.
There isn't semi-pro footage of Salford either. Angie had a camorder, and filmed some of the show from the mixing desk. I suspect the results were much the same as Paul's as the equipment was comparable.
[Profile] [PM]

savbomb ®

Post 23-Jul-2017 12:50 (after 47 minutes)

[Quote]

28890That pro footage is not from Brixton 86 ... Morrissey is wearing something completely different.
It's from the October gig, rather than December.
At Salford Uni, there were also supposedly cameras fixed to the balcony, so Angie had three films to edit together. There's a fairly good source says the material was at least considered for an official release.
[Profile] [PM]

steve

Post 23-Jul-2017 14:29 (after 1 hour 38 minutes)

[Quote]

really, because Paul filmed from the balcony and he didn't see any cameras up there, just Angie filming with a camcorder from the mixing desk below. I know she filmed some of the other shows too ... wasn't there some footage of Carlisle or somewhere like that shown on one of the documentaries, filmed from side-stage.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 23-Jul-2017 18:16 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

Interesting stuff. if there was a truly pro-shot version with close-ups we'd have seen the camera people on the stage in the soundsville ones I suppose.
[Profile] [PM]

savbomb ®

Post 23-Jul-2017 20:59 (after 2 hours 43 minutes)

[Quote]

28892really, because Paul filmed from the balcony and he didn't see any cameras up there, just Angie filming with a camcorder from the mixing desk below.
Like I say, it's something I got from a source that I'd take as credible. I guess there's always the possibility of having been at cross purposes or whatever, but I'd be reasonably confident it's true.
[Profile] [PM]

savbomb ®

Post 23-Jul-2017 21:45 (after 45 minutes)

[Quote]

28893Interesting stuff. if there was a truly pro-shot version with close-ups we'd have seen the camera people on the stage in the soundsville ones I suppose.
Looking at the French video, it looks like there was just one camera, which would have been out of sight on the lhs. Possibly the camera person that did the interview also asked to do some filming on stage to intercut. The audio sounds really good, though, considering it's an 80s VHS transfer. Intriguing what might still exist in a dusty corner of a basement under a French TV studio.
[Profile] [PM]

lamplighter

Post 02-Aug-2017 13:43 (after 9 days)

[Quote]

SweetFA - that San Diego footage looks great. I wonder was the whole thing filmed or is it just a couple of shots for the news. The way it's cut makes me think the former. What a find that would be. I've also not seen the footage from the French interview. Intriguing. Why haven't they included something like this in the re-release??
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 20-Oct 12:43