1991-10-03 Kiburn National (From Master)

Reply to topic

steve ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 24-May-2017 14:09

[Quote]

I've had this on VHS since the nineties, but I was recently contacted by someone with the master video8 tape, and he kindly did a direct digital transfer from me.
It appears that this show hasn't been uploaded here before. But even those with copy from a VHS source should notice some improvement.
From Passions -
Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together
Piccadilly Palare
Sister I'm A Poet
Interesting Drug
Mute Witness
Alsatian Cousin
My Love Life
November Spawned A Monster
Suedehead
The Loop
Asian Rut
King Leer
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Driving Your Girlfriend Home
Our Frank
Sing Your Life
Disappointed
/I've Changed My Plea To Guilty
/That's Entertainment
This concert was a success despite an apparently tame audience. Morrissey was in great spirits and much more talkative than usual. The setlist remained essentially the same except for "The Last Of The Famous International Playboys" which was listed as a second encore, but dropped, and "November Spawned A Monster" which was moved up.
After "Piccadilly Palare", as the audience was shouting his name, Morrissey teasingly replied by asking "Who? Me?". Newest single "My Love Life" was introduced with the words "This song err... this song is called 'My Love Life'." After "The Loop", Morrissey teased the audience again, this time addressing their apparent lack of enthusiasm: "So you're tired now... (crowd: NO!) Really? (crowd: NO!) Really?" During "King Leer" he was handed a book or fanzine. He danced with it in his hand for the remainder of the song, then put it down on the drum rise. After "Everyday Is Like Sunday" he started "Well... Hmm? Hmm? Hmm?" but never finished.
Morrissey ended newly-appointed standard main set closer "Disappointed" by repeating "Ah! Ah! Oh! Oh!" instead of singing "No I've changed my mind again" as he does in the studio version or "yes! yes! yes! yes! yes! yes! yes!" as he usually sings in live performances. Following that song and a short break backstage, Morrissey and his bandmates returned to the stage for the first of two planned encores. Before the first song, "I've Changed My Plea To Guilty", Morrissey said "This is where you can all go (retching noise) or...". "The Last Of The Famous International Playboys" was planned as a third song/second encore, but Morrissey and the band never returned to the stage to perform it. The reason for this might have been an apparent lack of enthusiasm from the audience.
[Profile] [PM]

crazycol

Longevity: 7 years 8 months

Post 30-May-2017 10:48 (after 5 days)

[Quote]

Many thanks for sharing this with us, much appreciated.
[Profile] [PM]

Arco

Longevity: 7 years 11 months

Post 04-Jun-2017 23:11 (after 5 days)

[Quote]

Thank you very much
[Profile] [PM]

waterisnat

Longevity: 11 years

Post 17-Jun-2017 05:56 (after 12 days)

[Quote]

This just caught my eye, Steve. Many thanks - should be a great upgrade for one of my favourites!
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 21-Oct 15:42