Rhino's "The Smiths: Complete" CD box set ALREADY out of print?

Reply to topic

Grigori ®

Longevity: 5 years 1 month

Post 29-Aug-2015 21:42

[Quote]

I've checked both US and UK Amazon sites, and it's only available used from third party vendors… anyone else find this a bit odd?
[Profile] [PM]

Halloway

Longevity: 4 years 6 months

Post 31-Aug-2015 22:49 (after 2 days 1 hour)

[Quote]

I must say that I wondered at the time of release whether or not this would ultimately be deleted so I'm not terribly surprised. I guessed that the box set might be deleted and the single CD remastered versions would continue to be available going forward.
[Profile] [PM]

Halloway

Longevity: 4 years 6 months

Post 31-Aug-2015 23:06 (after 16 minutes)

[Quote]

And goodness me the prices. :shock: Cheapest I can find in the UK is an eBay auction for £50 ($75) with no bids so far. I'm sure it was under £30 at one point.
[Profile] [PM]

fab eberhard

Longevity: 7 years 6 months

Post 01-Sep-2015 13:24 (after 14 hours)

[Quote]

indeed it seems an odd market has been created by moving away from the need for labels or distributors to have so much physical product available... "out of print" doesn't hold the status it used to...
[Profile] [PM]

tmtomh

Longevity: 4 years 3 months

Post 21-Oct-2015 01:06 (after 1 month 19 days)

[Quote]

I purchased a new/sealed copy of the CD box set from PopMarket in the U.S. for only $55US shipped just a couple of weeks ago. But they were/are the only site I could find that still stocks this item in new condition with a normal/low price.
However, I do see the logic of Rhino just keeping the individual albums in print - the only reason I got the box set was that at just under $8US per disc, it was cheaper (and a hell of a lot more convenient) than buying the individual CDs new - and even cheaper than buying the individual CDs used, considering that I'd likely have to pay at least $3 each for shipping that way.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 22-Nov 03:49